Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting muscular if you're a really artsy and weird guy

Demystify

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So many people on this board recommend lifting weights, but what if you're a really artsy and weird guy? I mean, I agree that lifting will make you more positive, but being muscular on top of being artsy and weird seems like a bad combination to me.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WHY? If all you have is a hammer,everything looks like a nail. IF you have muscles, you can attract women who dig muscles. You can still attract the artsy types,so what have you lost?

(JJ)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds like reverse justification that you've done subconsciously so that... you have a "solid excuse" for not busting your ass in the weight room.

get outta here with that. you can always be improving on yourself. don't try to convince us why you don't need to. we're not gonna be drill sergeants and wake your ass up at 4am every day to get in the gym, but don't bullsh1t us.

FallingAway85

Reaction score
I don't normally comment on threads since everyone gives pretty good advice, but living a healthy life does not limit itself to one group/click/life-style. Your artsy and weird, then don't become the next cast member of Jersey Shore, instead focus on muscle tone instead of size. Lift a moderate weight on various exercises, focus on 8-12 reps for 3 sets. Toss in a run a few times a week, maybe a mile or two 2-3 times a week. You won't become meatheadish but overall have an increased muscle definition and stamina.

Additionally, Micky D's needs to be limited and instead focus on home cooking (an impressive skill to have because whipping up a decent chicken parm is awesome) for better nutrition. In summary, hitting the gym to become a meathead is not the purpose, living a healthy life is the purpose. So stop *****ing and get your ass there, no one looks at the new guy in a gym unless he acts like he has a stick up his ass.

Exhumed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He could still probably lift for size and end up looking good, there's no reason to do more reps and more cardio to avoid looking like a "meathead", becoming a meathead takes serious time and effort as I'm sure everybody knows.

But girls in general are attracted to decently athletic guys, so unless you started taking steroids you'd have to do size-oriented bodybuilding for years before you'd become too bulky for the average hipster girl.

Rhino22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I'm artsy and quite muscular but nowhere near what you would call a "meathead". WOuldn't want to be either. I think being physically fit turns any girl on or most anyway. You don't have to be some bodybuilder either.

Demystify

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wasn't making excuses. I was just curious as to whether it's a good idea to be extremely muscular when you're a really artsy guy. And in response to the meathead thing, I drink beer all the time so maybe I'm already halfway there to being a meathead, lol.

Exhumed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Meatheads don't drink beer because it limits their gains in the gym, and if you drink PBR then that just makes you more of an artsy hipster dude.

If you're artsy AND built, girls will just be like "Oh em gee, he looks like most of the *******s I fvck, but he's into ART and he has good fashion sense!! Now I won't feel guilty for fvcking him!"

;)

Demystify

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exhumed said:
If you're artsy AND built, girls will just be like "Oh em gee, he looks like most of the *******s I fvck, but he's into ART and he has good fashion sense!! Now I won't feel guilty for fvcking him!"
Or they might think "he must be a really horny guy, I don't want an artsy guy who's that horny, he's not really artsy he's just focused on sex"

Exhumed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No, somebody here is going to quote your post and put long responses in bold and tear you apart for that one. Girls like sex, and want a guy who is horny. If you and a built, horny guy were competing for a cute girl who was into art right now, who do you think would end up sleeping with her? You'd end up being friends with her and going to art galleries with her, and he'd end up sleeping with her. Maybe she wouldn't develop a deep attachment for him due to him not liking art, but she wouldn't give two sh!ts about you due to your lack of sexuality.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you looking for excuses NOT to improve yourself and your life? Do it or not,we don't "shive a git".BUT in 20 years when your diabetic,50lbs overweight and need a heart transplant; don't be like all the other losers in the country saying"life isn't fair,the government should do something about my weight and health" YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO CHANGE TODAY. At least be a man in 20 years and say"it's MY fault".

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can be artsy and muscular. Women aren't going to think you're "really horny" they'll just think your in shape. Just from lugging my portfolio, art supplies and camera equipment around back and forth to class everyday I've noticed some muscle tone improvement.

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Demystify said:
Or they might think "he must be a really horny guy, I don't want an artsy guy who's that horny, he's not really artsy he's just focused on sex"
Stop thinking so much and learn to accept things as they are.

Having muscles doesn't imply horniness...if it did, muscles would turn girls OFF.
Defined muscles show that you're a strong guy, which means you're powerful and you can protect her. This is very attractive to women.

Dude, I am an artist and I work out. Muscles are sexy!
Jacked p0rnstars and nude models are artsy in their own way. The reason why you hardly ever see artists who lift weights is because artists can be some of the laziest crazies on the planet! Hey, nobody's forcing you to stereotype a starving artist or anything.

On another note...
What is this "weirdness" you're talking about?

There are celebrities who are weird.
Michael Jackson was a huge weirdo! The media basically chewed him up and spit him out, yet he is still the king of pop.

I've met many girls who are like the epitome of weirdness.

If you've seen what I've seen, you wouldn't think of yourself as weird.

Stop thinking of yourself in negative terms and focus on what you can do to make yourself happier with who you are. Write down a list if you have to. You must accept yourself for who you are before you expect other people to.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Muscles are important for gay men. Girls are not going to get turned on simply by the size of your chest. A man might. Keep that in mind. Height is probably a bigger issue. If you are of average height and skinny you are fine. If you are short and muscled bound you are still screwed. Sometimes life just isn't fair.

Demystify

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the Mood said:
What is this "weirdness" you're talking about?
Think of someone like Cosmo Kramer from Seinfeld, if he went to the gym and got really muscular would that help him?

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Demystify said:
Think of someone like Cosmo Kramer from Seinfeld, if he went to the gym and got really muscular would that help him?
Lol dude Michael Richards no doubt gets a lot of pvssy and I don't think he's very jacked at all.

To answer your question: Are you Kramer?

You don't lift weights to get girls, you lift weights to improve your self-image.

I think you would benefit greatly from lifting because you're obviously not happy with yourself.
This attitude SHOWS and you end up unintentionally turning girls off.

If you're dedicated, lifting weights gives you strength, exercise, a nice body, confidence, discipline....etc.
If you want one or more of those above qualities, I suggest you start working out a few times a week.

Remember it's for YOU, NOT to get women.

The more you put into yourself, the more you will get out of yourself. It's that simple.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Demystify said:
what if you're a really artsy and weird guy?
You can still be an artsy and weird guy no matter what you look like.

Being an artist has NOTHING to do with appearance, and this tells me you're not an artist at all but simply a poser.

being muscular on top of being artsy and weird seems like a bad combination to me.
It isn't to alot of people, especially women. They like it most of all. Long hair, some muscle, artistic. Most chicks would drool for a guy like that.

jocca

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is arguably the lamest exscuse to not improve yourself that I think I may ever hear.