Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting into college...

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this is kinda late but whatever. What do colleges look at most?? Is gpa more important the your ACT scores?? I need to know this stuff so i dont waste my time if my ****s too low. And is there anyway to get transcripts from my school eventhough its summer?

imnexthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
The schools I applied to seemed to look at SAT scores more than anything and then secondly the GPA. All that crap about extracurreculars and community service seems to be just that, crap.

Colleges get tons of applications and unless you are going to apply to very smal.l ivy league, military academy or a special program schools they will give you a go or no go based on their numbers cutoffs. Your best bet is to pick up US News And World Report's America's Best Colleges- its at the bookstore magazine rack. It will list pretty much every college in the U.S. worth attending (and some that arent) along with SAT/ACT info. If your grades dont fit in that range getting in is a longshot, if they are in the range you will probably be ok

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a balance between GPA and SAT scores. The lower your GPA, the higher the SAT scores you need to have a fighting chance. If you have a 2.5 GPA but get over a 1500 on the SATs, they'll still look at you, even if they had a 3.0 cut off. I've seen people get into schools solely based on their personal statement and their mediocre SATs and GPA also. It's all a balance. The more competitive the school is, the harder it'll be to get in. All I can say is do the best you possibly can. Ace those classes, study for them SATs and write one hell of a personal statement. At least in the end you won't be able to say you could have done better.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NRM
It's a balance between GPA and SAT scores. The lower your GPA, the higher the SAT scores you need to have a fighting chance. If you have a 2.5 GPA but get over a 1500 on the SATs, they'll still look at you, even if they had a 3.0 cut off. I've seen people get into schools solely based on their personal statement and their mediocre SATs and GPA also. It's all a balance. The more competitive the school is, the harder it'll be to get in. All I can say is do the best you possibly can. Ace those classes, study for them SATs and write one hell of a personal statement. At least in the end you won't be able to say you could have done better.
Im done with hs...i had a 2.9 gpa but got an 18 on my act.

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Small schools and competitive schools will look at EVERYTHING.

Large state schools pretty much look at GPA, course load, and standardized tests and make the decision on that.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by oakraiderz2
Im done with hs...i had a 2.9 gpa but got an 18 on my act.
You should be able to get into a fair amount of schools, especially ones more in the south. Most schools have a 17 minimum ACT score, with a 2.0 GPA.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
btw what are SATs

imnexthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
SAT is an exam that HS juniors and seniors may take. It is made by the College Board which is a private testing company. It used to stand for Scholastic Aptitude Test but since it has been proven in court that this exam does not test actual scholastic aptitude it now stands for nothing. It is supposed to measure a student's probability of successfully finishing college. It is divided into verbal and math portions with a perfect combined score being 1600.

American universities use it as a measure of intelligence or as a measure of performance. The higher the score the more selective the college you will get into. Tests such as these make college admit departments’ work easy because it allows them to discard applicants that are clearly not qualified thus allowing them more time to concentrate on potentially qualified applicants.

The SAT costs money and one may chose whether or not to take it. Many colleges require it or its Midwest cousin the ACT. Although it does not accurately measure intelligence or school performance, for the most part, people who do not do well in school will score poorly and people who are intelligent will score well.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by crazykid
You should be able to get into a fair amount of schools, especially ones more in the south. Most schools have a 17 minimum ACT score, with a 2.0 GPA.
Im tryin go to colorado state...the deadline is jul 1 so i dunno if i even could.

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by oakraiderz2
Im tryin go to colorado state...the deadline is jul 1 so i dunno if i even could.
Well what are you waiting for? The application will only take a few hours at most.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
imnexthere

thanx

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by blienk
Well what are you waiting for? The application will only take a few hours at most.
I hafta talk to my mom about it and ****, but hopefully i get accepted. We'll see. My mom would rather i go to a community college for some odd reason. So i hafta convince her otherwise.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, going to community college saves you 2 years tuition if you decide to transfer in two years and it makes sure that you can handle college so you don't end up a broke college dropout. And generally, at least in California, the 2 year transfers are much easier to get than the straight out of high school applications. Also forgetting the fact that your high school GPA slate gets wiped clean so if you do real well in community college and have all your things set, it should be pretty easy to get in.