Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting Back Into The Gym After Injury

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the beginning of Feb, I tore some muscles on the right side of my back at the gym. Finally, I'm no longer in pain for about 2 weeks now. But, my right side of my back still feels kind of weird. It still doesn't feel normal but doesn't hurt.

What is the best way to get back into the gym? I want to start lifting again and rebuild the muscle I lost. I recently did some arm curls and hammer curls with 15 lbs. The next day my right side of my back was sore. Do I need to wait longer? Should I expect some soreness or pain at first? Is this something that could flare up for now on? Any advice is really appreciated.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go as light as possible and proceed upwards until it hurts. Pain is your body's way of telling you something is wrong.

For the mental part, you'll need to accept that you got injured and now you have to go back to the beginning. Hard truth to face for many serious lifters. But, you got injured for a reason, probably because you overdid it the first time. Learn that lesson so it doesn't happen again.

That's it, it's fairly simple. No magic pill.