Getting a job

DreamTheaterFan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, I'm an ideal employee...smart, work hard, etc. The problem is, that I'm only 15 (almost 15 and a half) and can't drive myself places. From your experience Are there any places that would hire me? I know some places have certain age limits too...

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
At least in WA, you gotta be 16 to legally work anywhere. Your best bet right now is doing stuff for your/other people's parents.

skeetman3000

Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you can get to where you need to go when they need you, they probably don't care how you do it.

Your best bet is to hit up the guidance department at your school. They will probably know of opportunities and laws and be able to help you secure whatever papers you need.

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was 15 most of the kids I knew who worked either bagged groceries or worked at McDonalds.

Not the most appealing jobs, but 15 year olds have to start at the bottom. Most of places want people who are a little older. We all had crappy minimum wage jobs when we were 15. As you get older you'll get cooler jobs with better pay.

But you're not going to make much more than minimum wage at 15, so hit up the grocery store. Its a safe bet.

jrme1212

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol no kidding...im working at my dads auto dealership, its actually not that bad though. Its all the crap jobs though, sweeping washing cars stuff like that. but a jobs a job

rsxy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Work at a pet store. My first job was in the aquarium department of a pet store bagging fish for people. Probably the easiest job ever and theres lots of hot girls looking at puppies.

DreamTheaterFan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, to be honest, I don't really care where I work. A jobs a job. Flipping burgers is fine with me.