Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting a good price on airfare?

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to fly to Atlanta,GA.

Any good tips on getting the best airfare?

I dont want to fly on Air Tran.

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The main question is...Where you flying FROM? There are a lot of places that offer lower fare if you just switch airports. Might be a bit out of the way unless you live close by to a few, but it could save a lot more money.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paradox said:
I dont want to fly on Air Tran.
I heard bad stories about Air Tran. Delta does have good rates. The best price that I found was about $250.00

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why dont you look at expedia and travelocity and then the regular delta sites and compare prices.
we got a cheaper flight from louisville to atlanta to aruba then back to atlanta and louisville cheaper last year thru plain old delta than we could anywhere else.

just a thought.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure where you're flying out of, which makes a difference, but go to cheaptickets.com and play around with the flight times. That will give you a good idea of the general range of fares. I've had good experiences using that site.

Any airport that functions as a hub for an airline will tend to be cheaper. Atlanta is a hub for Delta, so they would likely offer lower fares to that destination. It's also a large city though, so most airlines offer frequent nonstop service there.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RedPill said:
play around with the flight times. That will give you a good idea of the general range of fares.
Any airport that functions as a hub for an airline will tend to be cheaper. Atlanta is a hub for Delta, so they would likely offer lower fares to that destination. It's also a large city though, so most airlines offer frequent nonstop service there.
i remember gio playing around with departure and arrival dates, and your best prices seemed to be flying on tuesday, wednesday or thrusday and it was more expensive friday thru monday. i also remember him telling me that atlanta is deltas hub and man! was it packed there. the atlanta airport was so damn big and that little sub car you get on was so very fast!

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
atlanta is the busiest airport in the world right now (literally). Penkitten is right, tuesday wednesday and thursdays are the best days to travel. Most of the business travelers are already where they're going by then, and the pleasure travel people do their flying on the weekends.

I work for an airline, and the best days to have off are tues wed and thurs because you have the best chance of going somewhere with your flight benefits on those days.

A lot of the pricing stuff really has to do with how far in advance you're willing to book the flight. If you're looking for something in 2 days you're not going to get anything great, but if you can book for 2 months down the road, you can get something reasonable.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today I heard about two new ones to me

Kayak.com and sidestep.com, the guy on the radio also mentioned skyblue and southwest airlines as having low fares.

I have always used travelocity and like them.

Plain & Simple

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting thread cus in december I will be flying overseas from miami fl to spain madrid to be specific, I did that like 2 times before and ended up paying like 1200usd.

Since I see dat there is people in here dat work for airlines and got knowledge is there anyway that I can book a roundtrip ticket for no more than 1000usd?
I kinda doubt it.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plain & Simple said:
Interesting thread cus in december I will be flying overseas from miami fl to spain madrid to be specific, I did that like 2 times before and ended up paying like 1200usd.

Since I see dat there is people in here dat work for airlines and got knowledge is there anyway that I can book a roundtrip ticket for no more than 1000usd?
I kinda doubt it.
Depends on your dates.

If you're talking Christmas, you may be out of luck. If you're talking early in the month, I got the following:

====================================================

CONTINENTAL AIRLINES FLIGHT 539
DEPART MIAMI, FLA
12.05.2007 @ 3:39 PM

Layover in Newark, NJ
(1 hour, good to stretch your legs before the transatlantic flight)

DEPART NEWARK, NJ
ARRIVE MADRID, SPAIN
12.06.2007 @ 9:15 AM

CONTINENTAL AIRLINES FLIGHT 63
DEPART MADRID, SPAIN
12.12.2007 @ 11:15 AM

Layover in Newark, NJ
(2 hours this time)

DEPART NEWARK, NJ
ARRIVE MIAMI, FLA
12.12.2007 @ 7:24 PM

TOTAL COST: $642 USD

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
actually, I've been working for airlines for years, so I've never actually had to buy a ticket. I just fly around for free. So I have no clue how much tickets cost, or how to get cheaper ones. (I don't do customer service with the airline. I have one of those jobs that if you've never worked at an airport, I can't even explain to you what I'm doing all day because you probably wouldn't get it.)

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump!

I'm a pretty spontaneous person and can be ready to fly out on a couple hours notice. Anyone know any ways to find cheap last minute deals? I'm really not picky with times or flights.