Getting A divorce

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I'm going to divorce my wife. I want to work things out but looking at her facebook page where she says she's single and interested in men is disturbing me. She use to really love me but after three years I'm through there's no pictures of me on her facebook or myspace and just of her and my son. She never talks anymore and she keeps paying the same phone bill with her checks. I don't care about paying child support and I won't have to pay alimony. I just need the pain to be over any advice

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't bring up the *REAL* issues which are causing problems in the marriage. Treat it as a STR with a woman you've only been seeing for a few months. Let her know that the relationship isn't working and that maybe the both of you would be better off going your separate ways.

Now that the marriage is over, it's useless to discuss the problems in it. Why keep talking about something that you're throwing in the trash? It's pointless and unproductive. Focus on moving forward, don't focus on the past.

KEEP THINGS PEACEFUL. She will look for revenge if her head is on fire and will be determined to screw you over. Sadness and crying is okay, just avoid heated arguments.

Sit down with her and hammer out a separation agreement ASAP. It's easier, less stressful, and cheaper if you do all this outside the courtroom.

Good luck

In$tinct

Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
Don't bring up the *REAL* issues which are causing problems in the marriage. Treat it as a STR with a woman you've only been seeing for a few months. Let her know that the relationship isn't working and that maybe the both of you would be better off going your separate ways.

Now that the marriage is over, it's useless to discuss the problems in it. Why keep talking about something that you're throwing in the trash? It's pointless and unproductive. Focus on moving forward, don't focus on the past.

KEEP THINGS PEACEFUL. She will look for revenge if her head is on fire and will be determined to screw you over. Sadness and crying is okay, just avoid heated arguments.

Sit down with her and hammer out a separation agreement ASAP. It's easier, less stressful, and cheaper if you do all this outside the courtroom.

Good luck
Great advice, D!

Unfortunately, or fortunately for some; I can tell you've been there and done that.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you initiate divorce, just remember the above advice. Also....watch for the flip later when she might try to lure you back in with sex. It's a trap to get you wide open emotionally and exact revenge by dumping you. Sad but true, they stoop that low. Trust me, watch for the hook. Keep your guard up, you're in a fight now son. Emotional warfare is the Modus Operandi.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make sure you cut financial ties (joint accounts, getting her name off of your phone bill etc etc) sooner rather than later (preff before you have the "Talk").

Put some cash away and have a place (or at least a plan) on where you are going to live right after.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IF she charges you with abuse, the cops will give you 5 minutes to get your stuff and move out[the rest will disapear while you are gone]SO get a credit card in your name only[bills coming to a relatives,your office etc]Get her off all your accounts,stash some cash in you office desk drawer etc. Make a list of what stuff you'd like to keep-pictures etc. make copies[originals will vanish].

Read $crew the b1tch-a book from palladin press first. When YOU are finally ready-file. DO NOT wait for her to file. She can empty the house,charge on the cards,charge you with abuse etc. SO you can end up with 1]no clothes,2]no money,3]no credit card or cash to hire a lawyer,4] no place to live. Her first punch may daze you enough to win the fight.

You are now adversaries-think USA and Russia. You MAY not end up in a nuclear war,but it's best to plan for it.

Marriage counseling only works if SHE is also willing to change. A woman isn't wrong,so it's a waste of time. BUT it may buy you time to make the preparations listed above

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh Man reading this is scary. Someday, I wanna get married but every time I read posts here my heart fails. The sad part is that a lot of what you guys are on about are true.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The time to start preparing for your divorce is about 6 months before your wedding day. Seriously. And literally. Better to prepare for a war you'll never have to fight than have to fight a war you're not prepared for.

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We got married so early in the relationship. We've only been together three years. I just tired she won't talk to me about it she just roles over and goes to sleep. thanks everyone for the advice