Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Get motivated and TAKE CONTROL!

Apollon

Reaction score
There are a lot of good tips out there. A lot of people say wise or laudable things.

But this tip is not just well-written, well-thought out, and wise - it's also practical. There is a concrete, step-by-step process that any fool or coward can follow to improve their quality of life.

It's easy to say "thanks for the advice mate."

But allow me to say something more difficult:

"I'm going to make a list right now, just like you said."

That is a much higher compliment. And that's exactly what I'm going to do. Thank you, Jariel, for the excellent advice!

Now, no. 1 thing I want to do tomorrow...

Apollo

micon

Don Juan
Reaction score
this is the of the most important posts in this site. also one of the best posts on motivation.

diizy

Don Juan
Reaction score
great motivational post.

This can help in more ways then you expect.

Analytic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dude you were always been my fav poster, even when you had your old nick :D

vagrant

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love it!~

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the feedback and high compliments. All appreciated!

Elor: Good point about having it in your start menu. I'm going to do the same and maybe put a shortcut on my desktop. Glad it's helping you mate!

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post

Lust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A great post.

One of the few that are actually worth reading, so i thank you for that. For sharing with us these secrets in becoming happier, more motivated and successful.

I am going to write out a to-do list right now.

Thank you.

eatgel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great Advice! This is the advice people should seek and apply instead of

the everyday quick fix or small pick-up lines.

Reaction score
I feel like roaring now! RRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!, uh hem okay now that that's out of my system, i believe that the key to motivate yourself is to consciously realize what your gonna gain when doing said goal, and once you start doing it consistently, you will realize what a good feeling it is to do something that improves your life, and makes you happy.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the post, back in 2007, that made me go to the gym for the very first time.

In my high school years, I could never do a single pull-up, and in running I always finished last. Today I do 17 pullups in good form, and when I'm running, even my karate buddies are surprised by my stamina.

You only need to take the first step... this post made me do it.

tyciol

Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of sensible points here.
Jariel said:
Stodgy foods such as white bread, pastry and pasta tend to cause a loss of concentration and clarity of mind.
I'm following you so far but...

Jariel said:
The reason is that they take the body a long time to digest and uses excess blood and oxygen to complete the process, thus depriving the brain and impeding clarity.
I had thought the reason was entirely different. That white breads, pastries and pasta aren't as high in fiber and metabolize/digest too fast. This spikes blood sugar and causes an insulin response to store the sugar, but then when the sugar is finished metabolizing, the insulin is still getting released and can make us crash when too much blood sugar is put away and it gets very low, leading to the lethargy.

Great foods like high-fiber ones (vegetables?) or ones with a lot of protein (like meat) I heard digest slower, which give a constant stream of energy and no insulin spike/crash, keeping the mind clear. These I assume stay in the stomach longer and even use more energy to digest (thermic effect of food is what I think Tom Venuto called it) but the body is able to supply it to the stomach and mind at the same time without problems as long as we're not trying to add great physical exertion to the mix during the process.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
been struggling a bit lately and this is the first time Ive read this post, definately bumpworthy