"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

get back lost respect ?

AlexTheGreat

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
497
Reaction score
7
Well, I'm a, let's say, selective talker. I mean, depending on who I'm around, I'm either always talking and making jokes and laughing, or I'm really silent and I can't say a word... Anyways, I was chilling with these bunch of people, but I don't have any authority in that group ... I mean, they don't listen to me or whatever, almost as if I'm not there. A week ago, it was all fine, so I don't know what changed during this week to make this attitude shift .... I think it might be because I'm not talking so much around them, and that they're now used to having me around staying silent... Anyways, how do I go about regaining the lost respect ?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

DB9

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
you can't get self respect back so easily to get it you have to be yourself and work for it in a way.i would suggest looking for another group if they don't respect you, :rolleyes: really who would put up with other ppl's bs anywayz.If you keep trying to get in a group like that you will only bring yourself down. newayz thats my two cents ..................DB9
 

ak5

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Location
Carolina
so how is he suppose to get into a group then if whenever he tries hell go down ;)
 

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
We have a guy like that in our circle. He chills with us, but barely says a word. But there are times when he does get to boast out a little and that's just when he starts talking in general.

You don't need authority to talk. If something is brought up in the group that you know something about, state your opinion. Try to add a little humor if you can, humor never hurts anybody.

Of course, the easy way out is to start talking to some kids in class, move towards another group and just eventually join theirs. Kinda like you were new to school. It's a good chance to start over, but you probably have your own reasons why you don't want to do that.
 
Top