Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Get a dog (if you can)

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tldr: guy has crossfit bod, goober personality and is total failure with women, I give him a dog and now see him with hot girls all the time

My drug addict douchebag of a step brother got a pit bull puppy, and eventually dumped the dog on my non drug addict douchebag of a stepfather, who didn't like the dog and dumped him at the pound after he ate a couch when left alone. He told me the next day, and the day after that I sprung the dog out of jail. That pound kills tens of thousands of dogs every year.

So then I put the dog up for adoption, and the guy who ends up adopting him is a friend of a friend of my girlfriend. He won a "best body" trophy in a winter 5k for charity where everyone runs in their underwear, I was told before meeting him. Then when I do talk to him, the entire time he complains about being a failure with girls and his loneliness. I just want him to take the dog so I humor him. His mom is somewhat wealthy and all he has to do for a job is mow the yards at her properties. He has a lot of free time, will at least inherit wealth, but is kind of a mommas boy. He keeps talking about how lonely he is sleeping alone each night.

My family has a vendor's spot at a very popular farmer's market, which is a good place to take a girl on a morning date, and now we see him with cute girls all the time. I would like to think the dog enjoys strutting past the douchebag who dumped him at the kill shelter.

I have a Germany shepherd myself, and whenever I take her out in public, everyone wants to talk to you. You are instantly a great guy in everyone's minds somehow. I don't understand it, but I can see it. There are a lot of guys here who are desperate to socialize and meet people, and be able to talk to strangers. Having a dog with you cuts through all of that. People want to talk to you.

My german shepherd is a shelter dog, though as purebred as they come. If you get on petfinder dot com and search by breed, you can usually find whatever purebred dog you want, especially if you can travel a little to pick it up. Whatever dog you think you would want, it's probably getting euthanized right now somewhere. And the story of how you rescued that dog is one hell of an opener...

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My German shepherd goes everywhere with me. Tonight I pulled into the grocery store, got out of my truck, then passed a cute mexican girl. She looked up at me and gave me a hard browed smirk, I guess this is the look she gives men to keep them away. Then she looked at my (cheap old) truck, saw my dog, then looked back at me all smiles, complete 180 in attitude. I am not interested in that girl, but that moment is what I want you to experience, if you think all attractive women are b1tches, because they act that way to you. Things are different when you have a dog...or at least a german shepherd.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah I see, this is where Josh got the idea.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fine and dandy but for those not able to read between the lines, DO NOT get a dog if you're only purpose is to use it as an accessory to pick up women. If you truly don't love dogs and do not plan on taking care of it the way it should, just dog sit for friends here and there. That way you can give it back at the end of the day.

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, dogs are a BIG commitment.
You have to be prepared to give a young dog 14/15 years on average... and some will live to 17, 18, or even more....

My two above - both photos were taken at approx 6 yrs old, but the pic of Stig is not recent at all. I've had him from 10 weeks old, and he turned 14 about 6 weeks ago - Mia is currently 8, and I've had her (as a rescue) since she was 11 months old.

Mine are both low-maintenance, but some dogs aren't - I'm lucky in that a lot of my work is done at home, so they're never home-alone for long periods of time - and they have each other for company when I'm not around....
But you always have to bear them in mind before going out - and most certainly can-not stay away from home overnight at the drop of a hat.

Dogs are fantastic companions - but definitely NOT just there as an 'accessory'**

**Apologies for long story but...
I acquired Mia due to someone buying her as an accessory - A work acquaintance of my daughter bought her as a cute puppy, and took her everywhere... UNTIL SHE GREW BIGGER - Then Mia became a hindrance to her lifestyle.
Poor dog was left in the house on her own for hours on end, sometimes overnight - then the stupid a** wondered why the neighbours complained about the barking.
Mia became neglected so badly she almost died - When she had her first season, her womb prolapsed (not uncommon for blue/grey Staffordshires).. but it wasn't noticed for weeks - It strangulated and went necrotic, by the time she was taken to a vet she would have lived maybe another week if she was lucky. She needed a full hysterectomy to save her, and the owner only just avoided being sued by the RSPCA by pleading ignorance and agreeing to re-home Mia after she recovered.
This was when I found out about her, and agreed to try her as a companion for Stig, and hopefully avoid her going into a dog pound.
When I got her home, she was very nervous at first - I got the impression she may have also been beaten... or at least scared of someone at her previous home. She would run and hide if I stood up suddenly, and would 'slink' around the walls and furniture when moving around the house.
Stig soon brought her out of her shell though, and these days she struts about like she owns the place. After a month or two she transformed into a very happy and friendly dog.
Wouldn't be without her now.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fine and dandy but for those not able to read between the lines, DO NOT get a dog if you're only purpose is to use it as an accessory to pick up women. If you truly don't love dogs and do not plan on taking care of it the way it should, just dog sit for friends here and there. That way you can give it back at the end of the day.
I had my last dog from a killing shelter in spain. Best dog ever.

But she got there because her previous owners weren't able to be thoughtfull before getting her. I can't stand that thought.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I acquired Mia due to someone buying her as an accessory - A work acquaintance of my daughter bought her as a cute puppy, and took her everywhere... UNTIL SHE GREW BIGGER - Then Mia became a hindrance to her lifestyle.
What an absolute tw'at.
Anyone that buys a dog as an accessory should put to jail for a life time.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Owning, and caring for a dog shows you can nurture something. I think it also give a man unconditional love and makes him less desperate for attention from women he might crave without the dog as an emotional wingman. I think dogs can teach people a lot about sincerity and appreciation.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A guy who does not own a dog can ask to borrow a friend's dog to pick up women on a trail somewhere. However, getting a friend to agree to this may be difficult, especially if the friend is in a relationship.

I asked one friend many years ago to borrow his dog for pickup purposes. Ge wouldn't let me take his dog out because he thinks I would be too focused upon pickup and not focused enough on the dog's needs. If something happened to the dog, his girlfriend would have broken up with him on the spot and he'd have to find new sex. Therefore, I was not allowed to borrow the dog for pickup.

I thought that was a rather beta way of handling the request.

Lordeterra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tldr: guy has crossfit bod, goober personality and is total failure with women, I give him a dog and now see him with hot girls all the time

My drug addict douchebag of a step brother got a pit bull puppy, and eventually dumped the dog on my non drug addict douchebag of a stepfather, who didn't like the dog and dumped him at the pound after he ate a couch when left alone. He told me the next day, and the day after that I sprung the dog out of jail. That pound kills tens of thousands of dogs every year.

So then I put the dog up for adoption, and the guy who ends up adopting him is a friend of a friend of my girlfriend. He won a "best body" trophy in a winter 5k for charity where everyone runs in their underwear, I was told before meeting him. Then when I do talk to him, the entire time he complains about being a failure with girls and his loneliness. I just want him to take the dog so I humor him. His mom is somewhat wealthy and all he has to do for a job is mow the yards at her properties. He has a lot of free time, will at least inherit wealth, but is kind of a mommas boy. He keeps talking about how lonely he is sleeping alone each night.

My family has a vendor's spot at a very popular farmer's market, which is a good place to take a girl on a morning date, and now we see him with cute girls all the time. I would like to think the dog enjoys strutting past the douchebag who dumped him at the kill shelter.

I have a Germany shepherd myself, and whenever I take her out in public, everyone wants to talk to you. You are instantly a great guy in everyone's minds somehow. I don't understand it, but I can see it. There are a lot of guys here who are desperate to socialize and meet people, and be able to talk to strangers. Having a dog with you cuts through all of that. People want to talk to you.

My german shepherd is a shelter dog, though as purebred as they come. If you get on petfinder dot com and search by breed, you can usually find whatever purebred dog you want, especially if you can travel a little to pick it up. Whatever dog you think you would want, it's probably getting euthanized right now somewhere. And the story of how you rescued that dog is one hell of an opener...
my girl doesnt want me to get a dog because she thinks it will take away attention from her

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) getting a dog just to attract womens attention is ****ing retarded unless you really like dogs and can commit the massive amount of resources to taking care of them properly
2) just because women are more open to talking to you on the streets doesn't mean it will translate into more dates and more sex

My friend got a dog for this purpose and found that most women weren't actually more interested in him, they obviously just wanted to be around his dog. And he has pretty decent game too.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women love to see the nurturing side of a man. My exes tended to fall deeper in love with me when they would see how good I was with kids and animals. Having a dog gives a man an opportunity to put that side on display.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) getting a dog just to attract womens attention is ****ing retarded unless you really like dogs and can commit the massive amount of resources to taking care of them properly
2) just because women are more open to talking to you on the streets doesn't mean it will translate into more dates and more sex

My friend got a dog for this purpose and found that most women weren't actually more interested in him, they obviously just wanted to be around his dog. And he has pretty decent game too.
Your friend is doing it all wrong then. Having a dog is an ultimate ice breaker and increases proximity with women, which is all you can really ask for. The rest is up to us to seal the deal.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A guy who does not own a dog can ask to borrow a friend's dog to pick up women on a trail somewhere. However, getting a friend to agree to this may be difficult, especially if the friend is in a relationship.

I asked one friend many years ago to borrow his dog for pickup purposes. He wouldn't let me take his dog out because he thinks I would be too focused upon pickup and not focused enough on the dog's needs. If something happened to the dog, his girlfriend would have broken up with him on the spot and he'd have to find new sex. Therefore, I was not allowed to borrow the dog for pickup.

I thought that was a rather beta way of handling the request.

@FlexpertHamilton - This point of view makes sense.

In the story I told above, I found that I didn't need a dog to do approaches on that walking path. It might have been possible that I could have done more approaches with a dog but opportunities for approach did present themselves even without a dog.

I've never owned a dog because I can't commit to the massive amount of resources it takes to care for them properly.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a french bulldog and a 5 year old daughter back in 2013, women would be all over me