"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Genetic Reason Why Guys are WBAFCs

What kind of fruit fly are you?

  • I'm a studly fruit fly with the fruit gene!

    Votes: 8 88.9%
  • I'm a fruitless fruit fly that will die alone and unloved.

    Votes: 1 11.1%

  • Total voters
    9

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2002
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA
Maybe there's really IS something wrong with you? Oh well, too bad.


LONDON, England (Reuters) -- A cluster of nerve cells linked to sexual behavior could mean the difference between being a success with the ladies or a dismal failure-- at least in fruit flies.


Scientists who isolated the cells that control courtship in the male fruit fly believe theirfindings could hold clues about sexual behavior in other species including humans.

"The fruit fly is a model organism whose basic cellular functions are very similar to what they are in people," said Bruce Baker, of Stanford University in California.

"It wouldn't surprise me to learn that human sexual behaviors also have underneath them a basic circuitry in the nervous system that mediates attractions and mating."

Baker and his colleagues had previously identified the master gene, dubbed fruitless, that controls sexual behavior in male fruit flies.

"We found that the fruitless gene was responsible for building the neuronal circuitry for male courtship," Baker said in a statement.

In research published in the science journal Nature on Wednesday, he reported that 60 cells are involved in sexual behavior. When they don't work properly, male fruit
flies cannot complete specific steps of the courtship ritual and are unable to reproduce.

When the researchers interfered with the nerve cells, the fruit flies did not do all of the steps, such as tapping the female, extending and vibrating a wing and singing, and rushed
through the courtship -- which the females did not find attractive.

The altered males essentially try to do everything at once, according to Baker.

Fruit flies and humans are similar in their genetic makeup so Baker and his colleagues question whether genes that control sexuality in fruit flies could have a similar role in humans.

"If you look at the basics of fly behavior, you find an innate ability to recognize somebody who is the right species and is the right sex," said Baker.

"You tap them and get their attention, you play them a love song and so on. So the basic rudiments are pretty similar to what people do to get successful mating and produce an offspring."
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2003
Messages
544
Reaction score
1
Age
44
Location
Boston, Ma
It could be possible. I've read testosterone research which states that males with above normal levels tend to have many sexual partners. Low Test males are usually effemine looking and very smiley have few sexual partners and are more interested in deep monogamous relationships. The dudes you know that everyone says are very friendly and easy going.

Testosterone facilitates dominance bottom line. Although on a side note, "T" levels can be altered based on environment in many ways, on the other hand experts theorize that everyone is born with an average level that swings low or high to a certain extent from that average. I'm not sure if i believe that theory of only a 60% increase/decrease limit. I'd like to see a person go from chump to the top and see how much his test levels are altered.

I've read "Nature Via Nurture" by Matt Ridley which also states that certain genes can be switched on and off based on environment. One of the prime examples is lactose intolerance. If most of us go without milk for a set amount of time our lactose tolerance gene switches off and we are not able to digest it. So it is possible to speculate that maybe these set of genes would screw up if the environment and social influence was very against these behaviors.

I'd like to test some chimps and shock them or scorn them everytime they start their courtship ritual. Then see if they can still function normal without the condemnation.

Just a speculation.
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
I forgot where the article is at or maybe I heard it on the news.

Don't remember...

Anyways, sounds bogus, but they also isolated a gay gene that causes male fruitflies to attempt to mate with other males.

I think alot of problems people have are actually genetic. Maybe someday they will find a cure for every mental problem that people can come up with.
 

California Love

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
652
Reaction score
0
Location
The Bay Area
I agree with this article.


The next time you have some quiet time with your parents, observe how they interact, or even better, ask your mom how she felt about your dad when they first met. Like father like son.
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Originally posted by California Love
I agree with this article. The next time you have some quiet time with your parents, observe how they interact, or even better, ask your mom how she felt about your dad when they first met. Like father like son.
I think my father was an AFC.

I remember my mother saying that my father proposed to her three times and she said no the first two times. Then she said that after they were together for a few years she couldn't ever tell if he liked her or not and he was always aloof, but otherwise a good provider and father.

I'm sort of the same way; staunchly independant and aloof. I guess if he can get married so can I, I gather.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

God_of_getting_layed

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
733
Reaction score
0
That article is valid. It's been published in the very prestigious science journal Nature. And, they isolated genes using the methods that would be used to achieve such a task, and they associated those genes with fruitfly behavior involved in courting. It's stup[pid to say the article is bogus.

But the only thing questionable about the article is the extrapolation that we are just like flies. THat the exact recipe's of steps we use to try to get a woman are 100% genetic, just like flies. And if we have the wrong genes, then we will execute a bad recipe for getting women tht just wont work. It would be stupid to jump to conclusions like that.

Though, there is a little bit of truth to that. Genes do play a role in our behavior, and how we behave around women, and what we do in order to get a woman, but environmental influences play a role in that as well. And more important than anything, our behavior involved with getting women is Extremely complex compared to the flies version of this behavior. Human behavior in general is much more complex than a flies behavior. My whole point is that its stupid to jump to conclusions, and assume that if a guy fails with women, its was 100% genetic because he had bad genes. It would only be half true assumption. And my second point is that we are not as simple as flies as far as our nervous system is concearned and with our behavior.

The next time you have some quiet time with your parents, observe how they interact, or even better, ask your mom how she felt about your dad when they first met. Like father like son.
sometimes its, like mother like son, remember, you inherit half of your genes from your mother, and half of them from your father. Both of those contributions play a role in making you behave the way you do. So dont just be paying attention to your dad. Some traits youll be getting from your mommy.
 

#1 P.I.M.P.

Don Juan
Joined
May 16, 2004
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Trinidad & Tobago
Originally posted by Jvesti
It could be possible. I've read testosterone research which states that males with above normal levels tend to have many sexual partners. Low Test males are usually effemine looking and very smiley have few sexual partners and are more interested in deep monogamous relationships. The dudes you know that everyone says are very friendly and easy going.

I agree with that partly but not fully. I'm a 200 puond BB, my body is laden with testosterone but yet I don't **** around. I do have a strong sex drive and like sex alot but, I just don't like ****in around again like I used to;) . STD are rampant in my country and the ration is like 40% of women in my age group 18-25, so altho I have alot of options I have LGBF alot of them cause I just don't want to deal with that **** right now, I have alot going for myself right now. Colledge, competion in bodybuilding next year, I even plan to get into shot put and Javaline, so right now is just not the time in my life to **** around. And I know alot of former DJ's and player who hold to this truce, shure we might break the code now and then, but Its still there:D :cool: .
 

Seeph

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
Location
Cloud 9
Well.. I have experienced the fact that it is enviromental.. my early HS i SUCKED with girls.. sure they liked the way I looked but i had no game.. my dad was an AFC*******... parents got divorced and moved in with my aunt& uncle.. he was much more T driven and I started to develop my game.. We moved to a different city where I lived with mom and 2 sisters.. one older and one younger.. so a feminen damn household.. but I still held my own and became MORE T driven.. now im 19 going on my 2nd year at college and I can get pretty much any girl I want (if she is somewhat attracted to me to begin with). I decided years ago it was just time for me to be a man and by God i am one damnit. so to hell with this fruitfly bull****, they cant talk can they? HA
 

Mr. Fingers

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2003
Messages
230
Reaction score
52
Interesting article, dude..

I almost wish you had not posted this because I can imagine a bunch of newjacks giving up hope and deciding they cant fight their DNA!

Take hope newbies, I can disprove this article by dissecting the basis of this argument...

Fruit flies and humans are similar in their genetic makeup so Baker and his colleagues question whether genes that control sexuality in fruit flies could have a similar role in humans.
That is one huge leap of logic. Perhaps there are similarities in our genes, but I daresay that humans have a faster learning curve and are capable of bypassing their instincts with their powerful minds. Flies, on the other hand, are slaves to their genes.

Think about it. Ever watch a fly trapped in your house? Notice how they will spend the whole day flying into the same window, trying to escape? Its like they cant turn off their instinct of seeking light for one moment to try a different approach..in short, they are simply too stupid to correct their behavior.

Now take me for example. I am a prime candidate for someone who is lacking this "Macking Gene" and have been clueless about women for most of my natural life. One day I simply got fed up with making the same mistakes over and over and decided to do something about it. To my knowledge, a fly doesnt exactly have this option. In the words of the infamous Mos Def:

Mind over matter and soul before flesh!
If you have any doubt, think of Lance Armstrong, homeboy got a bad case of malignant cancer and the doctors gave him a few months to live, tops. Not only did homeboy beat this deadly illness, but went on to kick ass in the Tour de France, multiple times! (Hell didnt he win again this year?)

Proof that a strong will is capable of surpassing physical limitations.

Lets not make excuses that will propagate self-limiting beliefs!
 
Top