Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Generating Attraction vs. Boosting her Ego

Igetit!

Reaction score
Lately there have been a lot of threads on the forum about guys trying to dating girls after initially approaching them in a non-romantic,friendly type of way. I myself have also fell victim to this sort of thing before. Although situations like these can be turned around,it's best not to get in them in the first place.

Anyway,this thread is about how to differentiate building attraction in a girl versus giving her an ego boost,because a lot,A LOT of times,it's hard to tell the difference between the two. The reason why is because some of the things a girl does when she's attracted/interested in you,she'll also do the same things when she's not interested,but just gets an ego boost from the attention you give her. Both attraction and ego boost make a woman feel good. She may laugh or giggle in both situations. She may give you a compliment,touch you,give you a hug,offer you her number,etc. I know it's hard to believe,but a woman can do ALL OF THAT,and have ZERO interest in you. We've all seen enough post and threads here to know that.

Well how can you tell the difference and know if you're on the road of attraction or just wasting your time inflating her ego? Easy.

Attraction is YOU based. It's more centered around you:your behavior in general,towards her,how you talk,the way you carry yourself,etc. Another way of telling whether she's attracted to you or not is if she tries to or wants to do things for you. If she offers to do things for you like cook,spending money on you,or freely makes herself available to spend time with you,then you're on the right track.

Boosting her ego is when you put more of your focus on the girl. Telling her she's hot or pretty,offering to do things for her,making yourself available at her beck and call,calling her a lot,etc. She feels emotions in both situations,but in arena of inflating her ego,she FEELS that you're beneath her.....but because she's still smiling,laughing,and touching your arm,you'll never know the difference...until you pop the question and try to date her. That's when it blows up in your face.

The best example of illustrating the difference between attraction and ego boosting is how you'd behave in the presense of a queen. Let's say you were to go to England to see the Queen. Notice the difference between how the people she rules over behave vs. how her husband,the King behaves. The people who she rules over tell her she's beautiful,offer her gifts,they're careful not to say anything wrong that might offend her. They also bow down before her. Now,does the King do any of this? Does he get down off his throne and get into the crowd with the rest of the peasants and servants and start bowing and offering praises to the Queen,his own wife? Of course not. The peasants and servants are beneath her. The King is above her. She looks up to and respects the King. She doesn't look up to her servants. Notice what I said earlier:Ego boosting is more centered around HER. Do the servants and peasants make her feel good? Of course. It always feel good to be praised.....but praise and SEXUAL ATTRACTION are two different things.

Women are arracted to SUPERIOR MEN. Don't be fooled. If you're not acting and behaving in a masculine,agressive,confident manner with women,more than likely,they're not interested. I don't care how many so-called "IOIs" you get.

To sum it all up,be aware of whether the convo you have with a girl is more of you expressing yourself,your traits,your qualities,and your masculinity versus you giving her compliments,trying to get her to like you by telling her impressive facts about yourself,making yourself available for her use,etc.

Dannyrt34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol it was funny reading this cause I was thinking of the one line that says it all. So I'll give my feedback in DonJuan11's style.

Igetit! said:
Lately there have been a lot of threads on the forum about guys trying to dating girls after initially approaching them in a non-romantic,friendly type of way. I myself have also fell victim to this sort of thing before. Although situations like these can be turned around,it's best not to get in them in the first place.

Anyway,this thread is about how to differentiate building attraction in a girl versus giving her an ego boost,because a lot,A LOT of times,it's hard to tell the difference between the two. The reason why is because some of the things a girl does when she's attracted/interested in you,she'll also do the same things when she's not interested,but just gets an ego boost from the attention you give her. Both attraction and ego boost make a woman feel good. She may laugh or giggle in both situations. She may give you a compliment,touch you,give you a hug,offer you her number,etc. I know it's hard to believe,but a woman can do ALL OF THAT,and have ZERO interest in you. We've all seen enough post and threads here to know that.

Well how can you tell the difference and know if you're on the road of attraction or just wasting your time inflating her ego? Easy.

Attraction is YOU based. It's more centered around you:your behavior in general,towards her,how you talk,the way you carry yourself,etc. Another way of telling whether she's attracted to you or not is if she tries to or wants to do things for you. If she offers to do things for you like cook,spending money on you,or freely makes herself available to spend time with you,then you're on the right track.

Boosting her ego is when you put more of your focus on the girl. Telling her she's hot or pretty,offering to do things for her,making yourself available at her beck and call,calling her a lot,etc. She feels emotions in both situations,but in arena of inflating her ego,she FEELS that you're beneath her.....but because she's still smiling,laughing,and touching your arm,you'll never know the difference...until you pop the question and try to date her. That's when it blows up in your face.

The best example of illustrating the difference between attraction and ego boosting is how you'd behave in the presense of a queen. Let's say you were to go to England to see the Queen. Notice the difference between how the people she rules over behave vs. how her husband,the King behaves. The people who she rules over tell her she's beautiful,offer her gifts,they're careful not to say anything wrong that might offend her. They also bow down before her. Now,does the King do any of this? Does he get down off his throne and get into the crowd with the rest of the peasants and servants and start bowing and offering praises to the Queen,his own wife? Of course not. The peasants and servants are beneath her. The King is above her. She looks up to and respects the King. She doesn't look up to her servants. Notice what I said earlier:Ego boosting is more centered around HER. Do the servants and peasants make her feel good? Of course. It always feel good to be praised.....but praise and SEXUAL ATTRACTION are two different things.

Women are arracted to SUPERIOR MEN. Don't be fooled. If you're not acting and behaving in a masculine,agressive,confident manner with women,more than likely,they're not interested. I don't care how many so-called "IOIs" you get.

To sum it all up,be aware of whether the convo you have with a girl is more of you expressing yourself,your traits,your qualities,and your masculinity versus you giving her compliments,trying to get her to like you by telling her impressive facts about yourself,making yourself available for her use,etc.

Translation: Don't put the pvssy on the pedestal
Lol oh man I amuse myself way too much. Good post though

R19

Don Juan
Reaction score
Did a once over of 'The Way of the Superior Man' because it was mentioned on another thread. There is a lot of talk in it about using praise to bring out the feminine in a woman as opposed to challenge which is a way to attract masculinity. Will have to read more thoroughly, but would like to hear what people think as this seems to contradict.

mothballs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understand why you'd be trying to build attraction up before dating her... that's kind of the point of dating. If you're just in for the fling than there's completely different rules. But the first thing in dating is setting up a date... it's much easier to build attraction in that situation also... But over all it's got merit. You need to show a woman that you are in control of yourself and that you are a man and can take control of a situation. But IMO, the ideal situation is to be up on the pedestal along with the *****.