Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Garnishment

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i am going to share some personal information simply because I need to reach out for some advice.

quick backgournd..

2 years ago i lived with an ex of mine for 3 years. After awhile things went south and we decided to go our seperate ways. I did not have much choice but to stay in the apartment since she decided to move back home without discussing this with me.

we agreed that i would start paying all the utilities by myself, and she would still pay have for the rest of the lease isnce she was financially obligated and me not being able to afford the rent solo.

to make a long story short, the leasing office was accepting my half rent checks but never recieved the other half from her. 4 months later they take me to court and say i am liable for the difference.

i assumed that since i was making my half, she would be responsible for what she did not pay. unfortunately it does not matter who paid what as long as they get the money from somewhere. and since they had no idea how to contact her, they would be going after me for her portion.

now, they are trying to garnish me for my wages and sent something to my employer.

is their any way to avoid garnishments at this point, or what types of options are available. i dont know anything about this type of situation and definetily could use some bright advice.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tell them you'll quit your job and go on welfare if they do....and be serous about it to.....they might try and work things out with you. Or at least they will delay long enought till you find that ***** and get your money. If you tell them; "I've been fare, i've been paying my half, but if you wanna be punks, then you'll get nothing....i'll quit my job, and file for bancropcy and you won't see a penny of it."

You credit is already f'ed up, since they already have a lean on you.

personally i think you ware an idiot for boliving her. Who in their right mind would still pay lease on an appartment they they ware not living in.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
or better yeat...get your lawyer and go after her....you might even get some damages out of it too (lawyer fees and inconveniance)

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
You really should have fought it in court at the time, now your pooched. Your only real option is to follow up as spider said and sue your ex for damages.