"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Gardening

GQontheinsid

New Member
Joined
May 16, 2004
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Take up gardening, painting, music. Why?

Ingrained learning. Music makes you more intelligent. Lyrics, timing, general knowlege of what is popular or unpopular, and always a big plus, old school (classical) is very romantic.

These things will become second nature after just a few short weeks of interest and exicution.

Painting...creativity, shows an artsy sentimental side, and looks great in your room/apartment/flat/house. Even better when she askes "where did you get this?" pointing out something you've done. "Oh that, just something I did to pass some time/let off some steam/school project." Again makes you appear more intelligent.

Gardening...patience and nurturing. I prefer fruit trees, things I can eat, and bonsai. Fruit trees because they are very labor intensive and take a lot of patience but you can also see the results of your work in a relatively short time. Same goes for things like tomatoes, melons (a great staple in the south for summer) and other gourds. Bonsai for that kind of mysterious look and, the most important thing about bonsai you must remember is that you are in control of the tree. The tree (like a good woman) is very adabtable and capable. But it needs molding, shaping and care. The tree is also like yourself. The hardest thing to do to a bonsai, especially an old one is cut away branches so that it can grow. This is like your life, you have to cut the dead weight (that crazy chick who's great in the sack but scarying off all your other gfs). You also have to be very attentive when trimming the tree, you could cut of a branch that should stay there. (Like so many mistakes men make without thinking, but once it's done, you have to live with it.)

Try these things. True, it sounds like it has nothing to do with dating, but the side affects of these will begin to show quickly. Salute.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Moved to Tips.
 

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
397
Reaction score
0
I'll leave those for the ladies. I'll find another hobby. Thanks tho!
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Uhhh... no thanks I'll stick to more stereotypical masculine hobbies that require physical workouts rather than piddle here piddle there kind of hobbies.
 
Top