"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Furthering Friendships and Relationships?

-k2

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Alright, well, heres my problem. I have quite a few friends, all of them are cool people for the most part. But my problem is, I don't have many close friends. My closest friend is my best friend from HS, but were tight just because Ive known him longer then any of my other friends. I didnt do anything special or anything.

Im also somewhat close with my roommates, but not as close as I should be.

My problem is, I wanna be closer with people. But its hard for me for some reason. Like if I had to hug a guy, it would freak me out, I could probably do it, but I would be flipping out on the inside. Any situation where I have to touch another human being is extremly awkward for me. Even my parents. I dont show it, but it makes it hard to get past the basics like handshakes/hugs. I just have alot of cool friends I would like to be closer with. Now, obviously, if i cant form deep friendships with guys, It's certianlty hard to do it with girls.

So my question is, what do I need to be doing to further my relationship with people. I mean, I sit at home around 6-7pm on social nights (thur/fri/sat), and If i wanna do something, I know I can find something to do with cool people. But the problem is, no one ever calls me. I want people to call me. I want someone besides my parents to think about my wellbeing, and even call me to see how im doing now and then. I dont have that now.

So what do i need to do to further my relationship with the people I hang out with? Normally, we just chill and small talk for the most part. (note. I generally dont like just hanging out with people for no reason. I need a reason be it : tv, getting ****ed up, weed, video games, bars, the pool, etc. rarely will I just be chilling with someone not doing anything, this may be a problem too?")

Could someone give like a brief rundown of the goals I should be trying to achieve after each interaction with the people I wanna become better friends with?

I think my one of my problems is I don't try to really connect on any level with people. Nor do i really understand how to. (just try to find things you agree on?)

Another problem may be that I do too much **** talking.

I don't know, can anyone comment?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Just try talk to them more and just get to know them more generally. Hobbies, interests, ect. Find a common area with some of your friends and enjoy it with them (playing pool, watching baseball, who knows.) Also, just try and relax more (I know, harder then it sounds) and don't force yourself to say something.
 

-k2

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Well, I am relaxed around people, just the moments where I have to touch them it gets awkward for me. (goodbye's etc)

It doesn't get painfully awkward, It just kinda messes with me a little bit.

But thats here nor there.
 

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
How about a grappling based martial art?

Like BJJ, Judo, or a wrestling style.

That'll teach you to "interact" with people and touch them up!
:eek:


:D
 

Jason King

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Location
New Bedford, Massachusetts
I agree with the grapping recommendation. I used to take Gracie Jiu Jitsu, and it'll get you comfortable being physically close to other people for extended periods of time (and trying not to get choked out at the same time).

I also suggest taking a massage class. I go to school for professional massage therapy, and it has made a big difference in my ability to touch other people.

I hope it's okay if I mention this here... but I created a training manual on how to do exactly what you're wanting to learn here... which is how to touch people, start making out, and getting close.

Ultimately, until you are comfortable with touching a woman, SHE won't be comfortable with you touching her either. That is the kind of wisdom that only comes with experience. This place, however, is a good road map to get you to that experiece faster.

Jason King
http://www.MakeoutMastery.com
*Who ELSE Wants To Learn How To Make Out With A Woman On The First Date... GUARANTEED?!*
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top