Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Full body vs PPL vs UP/Lower

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the gym bros, which one of these do you run and why?

I first hit the gym right after high school on and off, but didn't stick with it. Over the pandemic I had a medical issue and a back injury which caused significant weight loss. Following that I got myself back in shape and to a healthy weight and have been consistent ever since. I did a weighted calisthenics routine for about 5 months with some added compound lifts in there (Bench,Bent row, deadlift/squat, ohp) and saw great results and can now do a planche with paralettes.

Now I'm focused on putting on some mass and getting heavy up on my core lifts. I moved into a PPL routine, but just didn't dig it. Felt odd to not hit more muscles groups since I was so used to full body work and don't think I 'need' ppl yet. I went on to full body 3x a week following a 5x5 not to dissimilar to strong lifts. That said I'm considering doing an upper lower split which I've not done before. I feel like that might be a good middle ground? I'd rather get in the gym more as I find it therapeutic and I currently recover really fast.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do whatever feels best and is most enjoyable and sustainable for you long term. I don't really think routines matter that much, what matters more is consistency and what you do outside of the gym.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PPL 6x per week resting Saturdays, because it fits my lifestyle/needs.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do whatever feels best and is most enjoyable and sustainable for you long term. I don't really think routines matter that much, what matters more is consistency and what you do outside of the gym.
My consistency has been great, I've become completely addicted to lifting like I used to running. Diet is a challenge for me and I have to force feed to get in my calories. I'm one of those guys that is constantly lean and was a rail as a kid