Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Frustrating situation.

Swede54

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
230
Reaction score
1
Ok well im having a bit of a frustrating time with this girl right now. I got her screen name one day, from a friend, since i rarely see her at school. We started talking and what not, she seemed to be very flirtacious and ****. A week or two later, she snuck out and we hung out for a few hours. Once again she snuck out and we ended up kissing later that night. And well, i asked her today if she liked me or what the deal was. Im straightforward and i kinda want a relationship, just how i am. And she gave me the following answer. Aim convo.

HER: your a cool kid i must admit even if you like to **** **** up, which i like to do too and yea i guess maybe i do like you but the thing is you dont want to become involved with me and like i want you as a friend, im not really a good girlfriend and im not really ready for a boyfriend if you know what i mean with the whole matt deal and all
HER: i realize youa re nothing like him
HER: but you have to understand that i still need time to sort all of it out
HER: i mean until not too recently i still had feelings for that *******
ME: well i know what you mean but dwelling on it wont help
HER: and well i kinda skank it up
ME: uhm k
HER: yup
HER: so
HER: well i guess what im saying
HER: is i kinda suck at life, kinda a lot and you probably deserve better
HER: and im not really ready for a relationship
HER: i dont really like them
HER: they are ok and all
HER: but you know
ME: riiight
HER: what?

basically that right there. I figure im just gonna stop messaging her on aim really, let her come to me if she "likes me". And also just start being around other girls, see if that strikes something in her.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Swede54

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
230
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by SmartOne
i've gotten the old "you dont deserve a gf like me" line one time, and the translation was that the girl just didnt like me. i beleive any girl who says that is just trying to go around saying that she just doesnt like u. i dont know wat to tell u man, i would lay low for a while, see if she comes back to u. If she does, then it was meant to be, but as for right now, forget her
i totally agree man, i think its just bull**** also.
 

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
59
Basically buddy, those 20 lines of conversation translate to this simple and easy to understand equivalent:

"I'm not really attracted to you. I want to reject you very nicely because I still want you to like me since I'm a big fat selfish attention wh0re."

I especially love the lines "...you probably deserve better" and
"im not really ready for a relationship".

Let me tell you one thing. Any time a girl says something like this she is lying. Girls are ALWAYS, ALWAYS ready for a relationship as long as a guy they're attracted to comes along. I've seen this BS before. Had this girl claiming she wasn't ready for a relationship, even to the point that she didn't like them and then a few weeks later hear her crying about "guy problems".

My recommendation: Don't give her the attention she craves. Ditch the b1tch!
 

Swede54

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
230
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by TillTheEndOfTime
Basically buddy, those 20 lines of conversation translate to this simple and easy to understand equivalent:

"I'm not really attracted to you. I want to reject you very nicely because I still want you to like me since I'm a big fat selfish attention wh0re."

I especially love the lines "...you probably deserve better" and
"im not really ready for a relationship".

Let me tell you one thing. Any time a girl says something like this she is lying. Girls are ALWAYS, ALWAYS ready for a relationship as long as a guy they're attracted to comes along. I've seen this BS before. Had this girl claiming she wasn't ready for a relationship, even to the point that she didn't like them and then a few weeks later hear her crying about "guy problems".

My recommendation: Don't give her the attention she craves. Ditch the b1tch!

your 100% right bro. She gets no more attention from me.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Swede, swede, Swede, swede - Why Swede? Why??? Why oooo why Swede? Never ask a girl "Do you like or how do u feel about me?" NEVER!!!!!! Men don't do this!!!!

If women are the more emotional/sensitive beings (which they are) then shouldn't it be them (women) who are more curious to know the status of their relationship?? And if she (your girl/ a woman) is not more curious to know of the status of the relationship moreso than the man (you) then this tells you that she is not concerned about you in a relationship kind of way!!! Do you understand?? This advice should be in the bible!!
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Swede54

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
230
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
Swede, swede, Swede, swede - Why Swede? Why??? Why oooo why Swede? Never ask a girl "Do you like or how do u feel about me?" NEVER!!!!!! Men don't do this!!!!

If women are the more emotional/sensitive beings (which they are) then shouldn't it be them (women) who are more curious to know the status of their relationship?? And if she (your girl/ a woman) is not more curious to know of the status of the relationship moreso than the man (you) then this tells you that she is not concerned about you in a relationship kind of way!!! Do you understand?? This advice should be in the bible!!

Dude i know i ufcked up duno why i said it. But i figure the only thing to do now, is put her at the bottom of the to do list. Im not going to pay much attention to her anymore. The attention she does indeed crave.
 

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2004
Messages
599
Reaction score
0
why cant *****es just be honest?

If men don't like somebody we tell it straight.

Women have to use jacked up phrases.
 

Swede54

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
230
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by AverageFC
why cant *****es just be honest?

If men don't like somebody we tell it straight.

Women have to use jacked up phrases.
haha i agree, gotta hate it man.
 

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
59
Originally posted by AverageFC
why cant *****es just be honest?

If men don't like somebody we tell it straight.

Women have to use jacked up phrases.
Whether women do this on purpose or not is still up for debate. I guess nobody will ever know for sure. I, however, am a little on the cynical side. I believe these games and play on wording are conscious choices women make in most cases.

The basic difference between men and women is that women thrive on positive attention they get from men. Men just want sex. So when a man doesn't care he'll just say so. Women on the other hand do not want to lose the attention they were getting so they will use this form of "sweet talking" and letting you off "nicely" to try to maintain this attention. Normally a boyfriend satisfies this need for attention from men. When she doesn't have a boyfriend these guys that she let off "nicely" will still be there to give her the attention she craves. If she is mean or tells them flat out that she does not like him, this "luxury" of her's is gone.
 

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2004
Messages
599
Reaction score
0
The basic difference between men and women is that women thrive on positive attention they get from men. Men just want sex. So when a man doesn't care he'll just say so. Women on the other hand do not want to lose the attention they were getting so they will use this form of "sweet talking" and letting you off "nicely" to try to maintain this attention. Normally a boyfriend satisfies this need for attention from men. When she doesn't have a boyfriend these guys that she let off "nicely" will still be there to give her the attention she craves. If she is mean or tells them flat out that she does not like him, this "luxury" of her's is gone.
Men and women want sex equally. It is because of society saying "men only want sex" that makes us believe that. It's simply not true. Hell I've met girls hornier than most guys.

btw, using that logic, if theyre trying to maintain nice attention, wouldnt the proper response be, "FVCK YOU ***** DIE!" to crush that attention ego?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
The difference is in our natures as men and women, and also the fact that women connive to manipulate men!!! Don't be a fool to their connivings but do attempt to understand their nature as well as yours as a man!!!
 

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
59
Originally posted by AverageFC
Men and women want sex equally. It is because of society saying "men only want sex" that makes us believe that. It's simply not true. Hell I've met girls hornier than most guys.

btw, using that logic, if theyre trying to maintain nice attention, wouldnt the proper response be, "FVCK YOU ***** DIE!" to crush that attention ego?
I never said women don't want sex. I said they crave attention. Men don't (or at least to a much lesser extent). I did not say men are hornier than women. You're putting words in my mouth. I'm fully aware that women are horny and want sex as much as men.

The best response is one that gives her the least attention possible. In other words, IGNORE HER. That drives attention wh0res nuts and in some cases they're willing to fool around with you just to try and get the attention back. Pathetic I know, but true.
 

Swede54

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
230
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by AFK Protector
She's letting you down nicely man. And I'm surprised no one said this yet, but:


NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!
true, im just gonna forget about her. I dont have the time for games.
 

xsonik

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Age
51
Location
Romania
Originally posted by Swede54
true, im just gonna forget about her. I dont have the time for games.
Whatever you do, do NOT mentally masturbate and dream of her before you sleep.

do NOT make her out to be better than she really is by fantasizing what she might be like, while you are in some sort of dreamlike state.

and lastly ignore her, then when she comes to you, bait and hook her, then ignore her again. and shell keep coming to you. basically do not go out of your way to impress her or see her. go read some of pook's and puerto rican lovers posts. good stuff there
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
537
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by SmartOne
i've gotten the old "you dont deserve a gf like me" line one time
You should tell her, "I agree", then dump her ;)
 

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 5, 2003
Messages
907
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by TillTheEndOfTime
:

"I'm not really attracted to you. I want to reject you very nicely because I still want you to like me since I'm a big fat selfish attention wh0re."

I
I love that!!!!!!! So friggen true and spot on the money.....:D Cut your losses bro it happens.....been there myself oh so many a time. "You don't deserve me" Oh my god....That line is classic.. I think if a girl ever spewed that on me in person i would probably just heel over in laughter, LOL
 

Swede54

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
230
Reaction score
1
Hmm i still like this girl, is there anyway im still in the game, any good strats?
 

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
59
Originally posted by Swede54
Hmm i still like this girl, is there anyway im still in the game, any good strats?
*sigh*

You've apparently not learned a damn thing from any of the posts above.
 

Swede54

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 1, 2005
Messages
230
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by TillTheEndOfTime
*sigh*

You've apparently not learned a damn thing from any of the posts above.
maybe im hopeless man.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top