frustrating relationships

Shepherdc

Reaction score
So, heres the story. I was with a girl, for 4 and a half months.. and granted, it seems like a short relationship and all, but i really fell for her.. and she tells me that she's really fallen for me, now this is frustrating, because, if she really feels the way she says she does about me, why did she want to end the relationship...?

Its been 2 weeks since, and every day since she complains, or yells at me for not doing things, that i would only truly do in a relationship with her.. Such as calling her every night, even if its just to say goodnight.. or in the morning to say good morning....

:confused: :confused:

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a little confused?? You dated a girl for 4 months and now she ended it? Then, yells are you for not doing things? I think you need to explain a lil better so I can understand what exactly you are asking..

Shepherdc

Reaction score
Well, like.. we dated for the 4 months.... and we broke up..

and for the past 2 weeks or so ( since.. ) she expects me to call her every day, just to talk for a bit or whatever.... for instance.. while we were dating, i would usually leave her a good morning message in her email, or whatever.. and every night before she went to bed, i would call her to talk for a bit, or even just to say good night..

Now that the relationship is over, i've stopped doing so, and.. about 9 out of the 14 days, she has complained to me one way or another " Why dont you call me anymore? " or " Why dont you send me sweet messages in the morning anymore? ".. its really confusing.. because.. well obviously the messages and phone calls were because i cared about her.. and her ending the relationship is going to make me not want to do so...

its like she wants the relationship, but doesnt at the same time..:confused:

Igetit!

Reaction score
I.A.F.Y.B. said:
I'm a little confused?? You dated a girl for 4 months and now she ended it? Then, yells are you for not doing things? I think you need to explain a lil better so I can understand what exactly you are asking..
I agree with I.A.F.Y.B. Something isn't right here. We definately need some more info about her and the relationship. For example:How long into the relationship did she start talking about ending it?

How long have you known her? And anything else you can throw in here. There's not enough information to give you a clear and accurate answer.

Shepherdc

Reaction score
Corey said:
What was her excuse for breaking up? How regular was the sex? is she seeing someone else yet?

once a week, if not more.. but only for the past month..

her " excuse " for breaking up, was that she wasnt ready for such a relationship.... but she still expects me to somewhat continue the relationship, except without the relationship being there..

Corey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shepherdc said:
once a week, if not more.. but only for the past month..

her " excuse " for breaking up, was that she wasnt ready for such a relationship.... but she still expects me to somewhat continue the relationship, except without the relationship being there..
So she want's the relationship without the sex (with you at least.) Let her come to you, Don't call her and no affection. She will say she wants you back. If no then you have saved yourself alot of time!

Shepherdc

Reaction score
I.A.F.Y.B. said:
what im asking, is basically " what should i do "

a more " In-depth " is..

We've known each other for about 6 years or so, and i worked up the courage to ask her out just this past year..

Since we started dating - we spent everyday together, minus a few that we hung out with friends..

We had talked about a " future " for ourselves.. but in more of a .. this is where i want to go in life fashion.... and we've both got our plans to go to college..

and when she decided to end the relationship, she basically told me that she wasnt ready for a relationship as serious as it was between us... where-as the relationship was plain and simple ( in my eyes ) we hung out... went out from time to time.. and just spent the days doing whatever we wanted, with or without each other.. and it seemed that the relationship was going pretty close to perfect in my eyes, and she just randomly one day comes to me and says that she wants to end it, stay friends, and hopefully someday we can be together again...

Shepherdc

Reaction score
Corey said:
So she want's the relationship without the sex (with you at least.) Let her come to you, Don't call her and no affection. She will say she wants you back. If no then you have saved yourself alot of time!
well, i dont know if she was lying to me or whatever, but yes i know that she slept with a few guys before me, and according to her, i was " her first climax " in any situations..

Corey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shepherdc said:
well, i dont know if she was lying to me or whatever, but yes i know that she slept with a few guys before me, and according to her, i was " her first climax " in any situations..
don't do anything you wouldn't of done before you where going out. But don't let yourself get into the friend zone!

Shepherdc

Reaction score
Corey said:
don't do anything you wouldn't of done before you where going out. But don't let yourself get into the friend zone!

What do you mean by that.. like.. dont show her affection and what not... and just resort to the way it was Prior to the relationship?

Igetit!

Reaction score
Shepherdc said:
We've known each other for about 6 years or so, and i worked up the courage to ask her out just this past year..
This is the first mistake I saw. You've known her for 6 years,and it took you 5 years before you finally had the courage to ask her out. Personally,if she's going to say no,I'd rather find out as soon as possible instead of waiting 5 years,but that's just me.

Sheperdc said:
Since we started dating - we spent everyday together
Mistake number 2: And this was probably one of the biggest mistakes you made. My guess is by hanging out with her everyday,you kind of crowded out her life. How could she ever look forward to seeing you if you were in her face 24 hours a day? She couldn't miss you,or fantasize about being with you because she was always with you. Remember,women are emotional. They like to dream,talk about you with their girlfriends,imagine being in your arms,but they have to do these things while they're NOT in your presense.

Sheperdc said:
We had talked about a " future " for ourselves..
And mistake number 3. This was a HUGE error. This one ranks in the "TOP TEN" things not to do with a woman. In fact,this is why she said that she wasn't ready for a "relationship as serious as it is between us". When you talk about the future,it means that you plan on the two of you being together for a long time,or at least this is how she sees it. So instantly,she'll feel tied down. It doesn't matter who started the conversation. If she started it,you should have said,"Woooah,wait a minute. Who said anything about the future?
I just like to date and see where things go".

But anyway,that thing she said about the two of you staying friends and maybe the two of you can possibly get together again in the future someday?
If you believe that,I have some real estate down in south Florida I'd like to sell you. This is what I call the "spare tire" method. She wants you to be her spare tire. You know what a spare tire is for,right? It's just in case. You never want to have to use a spare tire,you just want to keep it around,just in case.

I say just move on. Find someone else. But this time,don't wait 5 years before ask a woman out again.

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You dodged a bullet...

Whooa whooaa, am I the only one who is seeing a problem here?

Man you needed to drop that female as of yesterday, she sounds like a selfish, needy, and emotional basket case who has a strong "brat" streak in her.

Now I tend to shy away from relationship advice, part because the complaining party does not tell the whole truth (i.e. where they did wrong) and part because both sides always try to make themselves look like the "victim."

However, no one deserves to put up with emotional whinnying and neediness, it is just a drain and a waste of time.

You dated for four months? Honestly, do you really believe that that was prelude to marriage (or that you were already married?) What did you learn about her in this time? Is she a giving person, does she think for herself, is she stable (mentally and emotionally), does she show any compassion for anything outside her "world and wants"? Did you ever question her motives or loyalty? Can she take care of herself, or is it all "me me me"...not that four months (or even four years) is enough or too much time to know these things, but there are things you seriously need to consider when you are in it for the long haul. Did you seriously consider what type of person she is or where you blinded by oneitis?

We were together everyday and we talked every... under normal circumstances I would call any dude who had oneits this bad a simp, however I guess you qualify your experience under a relationship....
She was your girl and you were her man, ok, nothing wrong with being in a relationship (actually it has a lot of benefits) however there is no sense in being in one if it means...
*You have to drop everything to please the other person.
*The relationship revolves around one person.
*You do not know how to say "no".
*You have to constantly deal with drama and or bull
*There is no reciprocation or appreciation
*You are dealing with a selfish and dysfunctional person

She started fussing at me for not... And what did she do for you? Did she "do" special things for you or did you just go "See my balls fit nicely in your purse." From what you have told everyone it appears she falls into the category of a self-centered brat whom wants what they want when they want it (In essence 98% of the females that live in this society also suffer from this dysfunctional way of thinking.) You should have squashed that crap right then and there and or either dropped her like yesterday's paper.

talking about a future... Ask yourself this (and make sure you give yourself a no bs answer), but could you really see yourself marrying this female or was it the oneits/thrill of being with someone (anyone) that made you act/think for rash? Plus the female wasn't even ready to be in a relationship (probably gots hoein on the brain.)
Slow, steady, and discerning wins the race.

She broke up with me...and by doing so she just preformed the most unselfish act in her life. She did you the greatest favor anyone could have ever done, short of taking a bullet or giving you a kidney. Now it is your job to RUN not walk, but RUN as fast and as hard away from her as you can. Be thankful her true attitude (not the fake casual/acquaintance one) revealed itself early on. Better now than later, i.e. when she could take your butt in front of a judge and have the State rape you for alimony/palimony, child support, or assets in a no fault divorce. Better now before she does something completely over the top and emotional and "blames you". (Seeing is how we live a mangina/feminist society, you would carry the blame too.)

Only your ego has been bruised, not your wallet, and not your future, move on...

She had other guys...and that should have been a huge ****ing red flag. If she was being run through and used up by those other guys then your gut should have told you that something amiss. You don't turn a hoe into a housewife, and you don't go claiming the rusty old "town bike" as your own. I don't know about you, but I do not care how good a broad looks, I am not into sloppy seconds under any circumstances.

She wants to be in relationship but without...if the broad wants entertainment she can take her ass to a movie. As far as you are concerned you are done. Learn from your mistakes, don't let oneness (or female looks) cloud your judgment, move the hell on, and for god sakes be a man in your next relationship. You not only need to have high standards for who you date but for yourself as well (standards, respect, courtesy, and selflessness is a two way street.)

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smothering and Unexciting Sex

These are the top 2 reasons women cheat or breakup with their boyfriends, besides the fact that they may just be a slut @ heart.

A call every night to say good night is smothering.
A call every morning to say good morning.. what are you room service?

The whole point of a relationship is to live your life as usual and have another person who compliments your life-- NOT SOMEONE WHO RUNS YOUR LIFE. You're trying to run her life. She feels smothered. She wants someone who is going to be a little harder to please. She wants someone who is going to let her know when they aren't happy with something. She wants a man, not a little kid who will nod and do everything for her.

This is a hard lesson, but a valuable one. I hope you learn from it.

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shepherdc said:
Well, like.. we dated for the 4 months.... and we broke up..

and for the past 2 weeks or so ( since.. ) she expects me to call her every day, just to talk for a bit or whatever.... for instance.. while we were dating, i would usually leave her a good morning message in her email, or whatever.. and every night before she went to bed, i would call her to talk for a bit, or even just to say good night..

Now that the relationship is over, i've stopped doing so, and.. about 9 out of the 14 days, she has complained to me one way or another " Why dont you call me anymore? " or " Why dont you send me sweet messages in the morning anymore? ".. its really confusing.. because.. well obviously the messages and phone calls were because i cared about her.. and her ending the relationship is going to make me not want to do so...

its like she wants the relationship, but doesnt at the same time..:confused:
WTF BRO.... seriously...... i am not suprised she broke up with your AFC ass. READ THE BIBLE FOR CHRIST SAKE>.