"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Friendship --> Dating (not the obvious question)

whistler

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
633
Reaction score
5
Location
New York
I've just begun dating a girl I've known for about a year and a half as a friend/colleague.

I've been chatting with her over IM in the evening on an almost daily basis for the past few weeks. (Because I've been dating other women, she's a colleague, and I was fine with having fun without expectations.)

I can cut off or drasticaly reduce the chatting, but would that really be necessary? Her interest level is high, I'm not incompetent when communicating with women, and it's not like being very available over IM has hurt her interest.

So, the broader, tactical question is:

Is it generally a good idea to keep contact with a girl to a minimum when you've started dating, regardless of your convo volume in the past?

I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Whistler
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
381
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
NJ
Just don't run out of things to talk about.
 

becker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
4
The danger to me when it comes to dating a girl exclusively is that you may run the risk of being around each other too much, and you can have too much of a good thing. When it comes to girls, it seems that this is especially dangerous because they could get tired of you, and unfortunately, this isn't something that you can do anything about, unless you're always on, which is not often the case.

Anyways, I'd say keep the contact minimal, talk to her once in a while, but not too much. Then, go out like at most on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, maybe 2/3 of those days. That should be enough. If she's interested, that won't be too little contact with her.
 

whistler

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
633
Reaction score
5
Location
New York
Thanks.

So I guess the goal is to lay off when it's possible.
 

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 13, 2003
Messages
1,617
Reaction score
10
Age
56
Guess you should ask yourself why you would want to talk to a female more than a few times a week - you should have other stuff going on eh?

Otherwise you'll slip down the AFC path eventually.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
do the talking on the date. otherwise if you carry out too many conversations on the phone or on IM, you could run out of things to say eventually.

take it from me on this one mate.

all the best
 

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
640
Reaction score
0
I agree.
When I started dating this girl I'm going out with, she called me every single day and I would usually be the one ending the call (oh, i gotta get ready for the gym, oh I'm cooking right now - oh I'm cleaning the garage in a bit.) Yeah, She was the one being AFC. But don't be fooled into a girl being super nice and calling you all the time, this can turn against you as she'll see you as being super available for her 24/7. In other words = NO CHALLENGE.

My rule is:

Phone 5-7 min chat

IM 15-20 min chat

unless they really need to talk (someone died, they got fired, etc) I won't go over my time limit.
 
Last edited:

becker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
4
The rule for me on the phone is just to never call. This works only if the girl has good IL in you such that she is already into you and you know it. I find it unnecessary to talk on the phone, and unless you're just really good at chit-chatting, it's better not to do that too much.

If on the other hand you're dealing with a girl whom you have high IL in but she may not be that into you, then you'll have to deal with calling her because she will have other stuff going on with other guys calling her, so if you don't call her, you'll be both sitting on your asses in a stalemate, with her getting the better deal because there are other guys calling her. Not to say that you can't have other girls too, but again, this applies to all girls, so it's sort of a cycle.

Anyways, let her call, and end the call before you talk too much. The girl I'm dating now brought up an interesting point that actually makes sense, and that is, the reason why girls tend to like the phone is because talking in person never works because you're always too busy making out or doing some other dirty deeds :D
 
Top