Friends with a crackhead???

Cogent Ops.

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I am in college now, and I found a group I enjoy hanging out with but i recently found out that one girl has been in/out of rehab for HEROIN, COKE, and CRACK! I have a natural urge to help her. I figure if I stay friends with her, I could try to help her stay sober... but shes already drank every night that we have been here and apparently done coke AND heroin. I know it sounds insane but shes really not a bad person... just an addict.

Do I stay friends with her and try to help her, or say **** it and let her go on with her ****ed up life?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cogent Ops.
So I am in college now, and I found a group I enjoy hanging out with but i recently found out that one girl has been in/out of rehab for HEROIN, COKE, and CRACK! I have a natural urge to help her. I figure if I stay friends with her, I could try to help her stay sober... but shes already drank every night that we have been here and apparently done coke AND heroin. I know it sounds insane but shes really not a bad person... just an addict.

Do I stay friends with her and try to help her, or say **** it and let her go on with her ****ed up life?
Most addicts aren't bad people...but they're pretty sick. You can't help an addict stay clean. Unless you already had a very solid friendship with her prior to learning about her addictions, it's probably best you keep your distance...especially with heroin. That stuff is a trainwreck looking for lives to flatten. When someone becomes addicted to heroin their whole life revolves around getting more heroin. If they don't have the money to feed the addiction they WILL steal if they have to...even from their friends, relatives...because without the heroin they are horribly sick and their body needs the drug.

Since it sounds like this is a new friendship I'd strongly suggest that you find new friends to hang out with.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you do, your looking at a lifetime of commitment/drama/trouble, with them. They arn't gona be over it in a month or two, they will still have the urge a year from now, or two (same as smokers/alchoholics) It's nice of you to try and help, but the truth is, i'll drag you down and mess up your life too. If profesionals at rehab can't help, then you don't have much chance eather.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beware of Captain Save-a-ho!

Crackheads steal, and crackhead women trade their body for the next rock. If you want to be the abused afc nice guy in her life, you are on that path. Unless you are slinging rocks yourself, this girl will never respect you. Women are attracted to power, and to an addict, drugs are power.

This advice is my opinion, but I have seen people "beat" a meth addiction by becoming a pothead. Not that being a pothead is so great, but people tend not to steal and prostitute themselves for pot.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Without going on a whole rant.....as a guy who has been good friends with someone who has turned to herione there are only 2 things you can do

1. Call their parents/spouse/police and tell them about the person's addiction (the most appropriate).

2. RUN LIKE HELL and cut off all contact with this person, they may not get you into drugs but they WILL attempt to get you involved in some very risky **** if you keep contact. (ie. "these dudes are outside my house and wanna kill me, HELP!")

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know it sounds insane but shes really not a bad person... just an addict.

If only, if only, if only ... the puerto rican lover were here ... (please come PRL if you're out there, we really need you :) he would set you straight.

Don't play Captain Save a Ho ... you think you're being noble and whatever, but it's your hormones talking and your loins raging. You are covering that up under a veneer of AFC 'niceness' to try to 'help this poor girl'.

Next time you think of 'helping' her, think of her lips wrapped around her dirty dope dealer's d1ck (cause that's where they're gonna end up).

Do you still feel like helping her?

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If you are a "normal" person, you can't help her. If you were in the same spot she is in now, you might be able to give her advice that can help.

People like this can only save themselves, everyone else is just "noise" compared to the drugs.

Cogent Ops.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow thank you all so much for the advice I will stick to ignoring her i guess and say ****it. Everyone else has already done that, even her roomate who seemed like best friends with her just a week ago.

I talked to her today and told her she needs to get into rehab or at least a 12 step group if she wants to get better because she is freaking out if people arent there to keep her company every few minutes.

UGH i need better friends..

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just found out that a kid i was suppose to live with spent 600$ on coke in one night. I talked to this girl he talks to and she thinks hes been doing it for a while. This kid is MESSED UP. The only major problem in his life is his parents got divorced when he was about 12. His family is about to give up on him and he lies to all his friends. I wish i could understand his thought process which is erratic and illogical, but thatll never happen.

Dont waste your time man, theres more people in the world that arent nutjobs.

high nrg

Don Juan
Reaction score
$600 buys A LOT of coke. doing that much coke in one night would probably kill you.

but yeah, i guess id stay away. i dont really think its possible to help an addict if you arent already friends with them.

my friend was addicted to coke and ended up trying to kill himself and in a mental hospital for a few days. Im not sure if the addiction had something to do with that or not.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by high nrg
$600 buys A LOT of coke. doing that much coke in one night would probably kill you.

but yeah, i guess id stay away. i dont really think its possible to help an addict if you arent already friends with them.

my friend was addicted to coke and ended up trying to kill himself and in a mental hospital for a few days. Im not sure if the addiction had something to do with that or not.
So what if you ARE friends with them? Is anything possible?? This kid lied about EVERYTHING. Hed lie about what time he got off work to who he was living with. I talked to his grandma today and sh*ts a lot worse than i could have imagined. His been arrested a few times and had the cops called on him A LOT. Im gonna talk to him at least one more time but i dunno how i should bring it all up.

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by high nrg

I have a friend that used to do coke/crack/meth, you name it. Trust me, $600 a night is definitely possible. The more someone abuses coke or crack, the higher their tolerance, therefore they have to buy more to get the same high. This friend of mine once did 10(TEN!) grams of coke in one night between him and his girlfriend. That's about $600 worth right there. It's crazy what that(those) drugs will do to people.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bible_Belt
Beware of Captain Save-a-ho!

Crackheads steal, and crackhead women trade their body for the next rock. If you want to be the abused afc nice guy in her life, you are on that path. Unless you are slinging rocks yourself, this girl will never respect you. Women are attracted to power, and to an addict, drugs are power.
Good tip BB. If you become her friend and try to help her out, you will suffer as well in the end. Addicts are desperate people and will get you involved in situation you don't want to be. You can be sitting with her on a park bench somewhere just talking and all of the sudden one of her pimps/drugdealers comes out of nowhere and demands money that she owes to him from her and possibly you. If you interfere that hothead will probably cut you open or put a bullet in you.

You will also be placed in jail if the cops find her with the drugs and you in the vicinity of it.

Don't do it! you don't need to eat her sh1t.