"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Friends intrested in girl who's interested in me

blitzin'

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2004
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Age
45
There's this girl that I've known for a long time that briefly dated my little brother back in highschool. They were never very serious, and never fooled around, because neither of them was like that. Anyway, I hadn't seen her in about 5 years and then ran into her a couple weeks ago. We hit it off really well, and she has been obvious with her hints that she's interested in me. The only problem is that one of my friends has been interested in her since before the school year began. She doesn't share his interest and only likes him as a friend; believe me, she isn't at all attracted to my friend, it's easy to tell through her comments to him and body language while they talk. Plus she's said so.
I kinda' like this chick, we have a lot in common and she's a good girl, but not a religious fanatic like many of the other women in town who refuse to date because their church tells them it's wrong.
I'd like to see her, but I don't know how my friend would take it, he hasn't had any real experience with dating, and I think that this is the first decent female friend he's had. I want to do what I want, but I don't want to crush my friends spirit, even though he needs to come out of his fantasy that she will eventually date him; because it's not going to happen.What does anyone think would be the best way to go about this?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Life's a b1tch but one of the greatest things about it (and maybe the worse to some) is that it's full of choices. What's more important to you, the girl or the friend? Which one can you live without? Is there a way to have the best of both? Hmmmm... Choices.... :cool:
 

blitzin'

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2004
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Age
45
To be honest, neither is overly important to me. I don't feel close enough to this friend to care about keeping in touch after school, we don't have that much in common, plus he's been gettin brainwashed by this messed up bible group he's been going to. some of the beliefs they have are way out there and they talk about needing to convert people from other religions to Christianity so they can be saved! He's getting too into it, and not thinking for himself. I still hang out with him more than most everyone else in this town, but don't really like him as well as most of my other good friends who live in other towns. And this girl's nice, I like her she's one of the few who isn't brainwashed, but she dated my brother a long time ago, and he has very negative thoughts about her. He heard she kissed some other guy at a dance while they were still dating from what he calls a very reliable source. I don't neccessarily believe or care, I'd like to get her side of it before I jump to conclusions. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. I'd actually have more fun, and more in common with her than I do with my friend; but don't want to break a friendship over it. I'm gonna' be stuck going to college here for at least another year, I want to have people to hang out with, there aren't a lot of people I really like going to my school, so I'd like to keep the ones I have. Almost everyone in town has either been brainwashed by this extremist church, or is heavily into drug use. I'm somewhere in the middle, there aren't many people in this position; with whom I relate best.
 

christz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
740
Reaction score
0
girls are all the time and anywhere, friends stick with you through it all and anything
 
Top