"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Friends Holding Me Back?

RaMar

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
California
Does having friends who are considered unpopular by the rest of the school hurt your image? I have one friend inparticular who gets made fun of, alot and I'm questing whether me being seen him with all the time brings my popularity level down. What do you guys think?
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Thraxeh

Don Juan
Joined
May 29, 2004
Messages
170
Reaction score
0
Age
72
unfortunatly it will, but you might be able to help our friend out and get him not so unpopular
 

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
SE England/ York
mmm, I think it's someone's sig that says "don't keep company that share you're limitations".

Hey, if all your friends are losers it'll make things more difficult, but I don't believe in ditching your mates because of what others think. That's just wrong. If you want to, just drop hints that they should get a life.

That said, I have drifted away from my friends that were "losers". I just gave up on their lack of anything. There's a difference, and it's not just a point of principle, between drifting away from someone because of what other people think, and drifting away because you've changed.

This is kinda what I ment when I talked about being a Don Juan and acting like a Don Juan.
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
If hes a decent enough sort of bloke, stick up for him.
 

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
here you can be that was kinda popular and people 10 years from now won't even remember your name, or you can be the best friend who dramtically altered someones life for the better and stopped a world of torture and hatred. I aint sayin you gota be his saviour just help him out.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
Basically going to re-interate what Cloud_uk said.

If he's a good guy, stick with him help him out. If he's a tosser, get rid of him

(woo 400 posts)
 

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
if he has no potential whatsoever, start moving away from him (still talk to him, just don't become close friends or stay close friends)

if he has potential, take him with you as you become more popular. teach him stuff in a playful manner, so you don't seem so serious. e.g. if his posture is bad, which is the case with most chumps, say "man, you look like an old man with a sore back walking like that". then you can tell him that working on his back in the gym will make it easy to have good posture.

but, like jsh said, stick up for him if you can if he gets made fun of, no matter what he's like. that will get you respect on top of making you feel good, cuz you're becoming more of a leader. you don't let your troops get the shyt kicked out of them

it's useful to have someone who can become a dj with you, because they will always be there for you and can give you advice on how you act, what you need to work on etc
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
I'm judging my friends on their popularity meter! Aren't I cool?

Hey let me check the polls...

AWESOME, I WENT UP 2% WOOHOOO!

****tard.
 

TheMinistered

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 16, 2003
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Dude, **** people who judge you by who you know or talk to. If you know a girl isn't gonna be into you because you talk to the guy who doesn't wear american eagle, then walk up to her and thank her; because she just let you know that she is a *****. Any girl who is that judgemental is a ***** and a ***** is someone I don't enjoy being around... but don't get me wrong *****es can be hot-- they're the type I hit it and quit it with -- nothing serious with a *****. my two cents >:p
 

RaMar

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
California
Thanks for the advice guys. I knew when I was hesitent to post this because I knew I was going to come off as an ass. I also don't believe in dumping a friend just because they are a loser but I am in need of some advice as to what to do about this.

I think I will do as some of you said and just gradually drift away from him, even though that is hard to do when I have 3 of my 6 classes with him and and sit next to him in 2 of those.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2001
Messages
2,314
Reaction score
17
Location
Europe
i look at friends as 'assets', who might know what that dofus friend of yours might turn into one day. just dont 'drift' to far away from.
 

Juggalo

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2004
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Your lowest friend is how people view you.

It's bad to say....but when you have a friend that's not well liked at school and is made fun of all the time and all....and then you're seen with him/her....it doesn't make you look good.

It doesn't help your image. It ruins it.

Like I said, you are as good as your lowest friend. Remember that.
 

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2002
Messages
736
Reaction score
0
I'm judging my friends on their popularity meter! Aren't I cool? Hey let me check the polls... AWESOME, I WENT UP 2% WOOHOOO! ****tard.
Wanna know something? That's how HS works.

RaMar, most of the kids I hang out with are considered the "losers" or the "unpopulars", but I hang out with them for many reasons. You just gotta be your own man, and show that you can be cool with anyone, may it be the "losers" or the "populars".
 

Juggalo

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2004
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Yeah, there are those people that hang with everybody.

Guess what? EVERYBODY likes them too!
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by aBAzLLnA
Wanna know something? That's how HS works.

RaMar, most of the kids I hang out with are considered the "losers" or the "unpopulars", but I hang out with them for many reasons. You just gotta be your own man, and show that you can be cool with anyone, may it be the "losers" or the "populars".
No buddy. I am not 'popular' in my school yet I am DJ supreme, with every damn girl feasting her eyes on my beauty as I walk by.

'This is how HS works' puh-leez. HS works the way you want it to work. IF you take a step back and look for yourself you'll notice that it only happens that way because you want to believe it is that way.

You are not judged by your most loserest friend Who the fukk judges a person based on the guy standing next to him? How ****atrded can you be!? Honestly, as TheMinistered said. These people are not worth 2 squirts of piss.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
You should stick with him and help him, i hang out with some real ars3holes and sometimes they help me out of tough situations.

But if you wanna take the easy way out, fine, but you could have helped him. Iv helped m8s gain respect and then left them but they still feel they owe me and give me a hell of a lot of social proof and it makes me feel warm. Just give him esteem by speaking to him and introduce him to your other friends.
 

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2002
Messages
736
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by LikRetsam
No buddy. I am not 'popular' in my school yet I am DJ supreme, with every damn girl feasting her eyes on my beauty as I walk by.

'This is how HS works' puh-leez. HS works the way you want it to work. IF you take a step back and look for yourself you'll notice that it only happens that way because you want to believe it is that way.

You are not judged by your most loserest friend Who the fukk judges a person based on the guy standing next to him? How ****atrded can you be!? Honestly, as TheMinistered said. These people are not worth 2 squirts of piss.
First of all, calm yourself down, and second, how long have you been in HS?

Every single HS student is judgemental, if you disagree, then you haven't "stepped back" far enough to see what goes on. I don't at all condone judging people, especially your friends. But it is only in human nature to measure up to others. It is in our psyche to see where we stand, whether this maybe physically, socially or academically.

I never said that one had to be one of the "populars" to get all the girls, hell, if you look at my "social status" at school, you'll find out that I am not even close to popular, yet I can almost pull any girl at a drop of a dime.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by aBAzLLnA
First of all, calm yourself down, and second, how long have you been in HS?

Every single HS student is judgemental, if you disagree, then you haven't "stepped back" far enough to see what goes on. I don't at all condone judging people, especially your friends. But it is only in human nature to measure up to others. It is in our psyche to see where we stand, whether this maybe physically, socially or academically.

I never said that one had to be one of the "populars" to get all the girls, hell, if you look at my "social status" at school, you'll find out that I am not even close to popular, yet I can almost pull any girl at a drop of a dime.
Agreed. People always judge others. But for the topic at hand... What does the guy care of what people think?
 

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Location
hyphy bay area, ca
Originally posted by RaMar
Does having friends who are considered unpopular by the rest of the school hurt your image? I have one friend inparticular who gets made fun of, alot and I'm questing whether me being seen him with all the time brings my popularity level down. What do you guys think?
Yes.
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
Re: Re: Friends Holding Me Back?

Originally posted by AC/DC
Yes.
but the real question is should you care
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top