"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Friends do nothing but c0ckblock

dillin

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Whenever I'm at a party with my friends it's like atleast one of them will try to draw everyones attention onto me and try to get people laughing at me and this is when I'm talking to girls. Whenever I'm talking to girls or around there girlfriends all they do is talk trash to me and try to make me look like a chump. The thing is these guys cant even look these girls in the eyes that we talk to, the girls do nothing but ignore them anyways they shouldnt even waste time talking to them.

It just pisses me off, the funny thing is the girls never really pay attention to what they say anyways about me. The thing is the mian guy who does this is short and ugly so I think he's just insecure as hell when I'm around and he gets all weird when his hor girlfriend is around me.

What do you think the best way to deal with this is? It's just everytime girls are around it's "lets make dillin look like a fool" time. I don't get it?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
screw them c0ckblocks, they aint friends if they do that **** to you.

if i had a friend do that to me at a party, i'd just ignore his ass.
and cont chatting to the girl. if he walks away, ill just say...nevermind my drunk friend, he has some issues...

just dont let him get to you, any girl can tell when you're getting pissed. just be cool
 

Best friends? NAY

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
279
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Where ever I am
mabey, he is trying to look cool with the ladies and he's to stupid to think of a better way.
 

macknetikcharm

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 7, 2004
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Location
first man on mars
You gotta put those fellaz in check. Try to keep a level head and keep your emotions under control but assert your dominance. Women like strong men and those haterz will never stop so you either hafta become their b*tch or keep yo' sh*t pimpin' and put 'em in their place.
 

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
I love it when my friends try to c0ckblock me. If you know how to respond, it will make you look very confident and it will show you have a great sense of humor. At the same time, it makes the other idiots look like fools. I say bring the c0ckblocks on!
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

dillin

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
The thing is if I'm with these guys and I'm talking to girls it's like two guys gang up on me and try making me look bad. They make jokes about how I'm a virgin and crap like that infront of them but they only do it when chicks are around so it gets annoying.

These guys are total chump when it comes to girls anyways, all there girlfriends are hors who walk all over them and cheat behind there backs.
 

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by dillin
The thing is if I'm with these guys and I'm talking to girls it's like two guys gang up on me and try making me look bad. They make jokes about how I'm a virgin and crap like that infront of them but they only do it when chicks are around so it gets annoying.

These guys are total chump when it comes to girls anyways, all there girlfriends are hors who walk all over them and cheat behind there backs.
Trust me, their pathetic insults make them look terrible. You can either ignore them, or embarass them more. If they start making fun of you infront of some chicks again, just turn it into a c&f sort of response. Or just turn it right around on them... how do these guys know your a virgin? They don't.
 

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by DJUofS
I love it when my friends try to c0ckblock me. If you know how to respond, it will make you look very confident and it will show you have a great sense of humor. At the same time, it makes the other idiots look like fools. I say bring the c0ckblocks on!
Dude could you share your knowledge on dealing with male ****blockers ? More often then not if you're chatting up a HB ina club some unknown ****blocker tries to interrupt or say some silly **** about you as a player. What the **** is up with that anyway, if anyone here does that, **** OFF.
 

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by DJUofS
I love it when my friends try to c0ckblock me. If you know how to respond, it will make you look very confident and it will show you have a great sense of humor. At the same time, it makes the other idiots look like fools. I say bring the c0ckblocks on!
exactly

if your m8s are giving you attention, it's good because the girls will notice and will pay attention at the same time as to how you handle the situation.

if they're teasing me, i'll just play it back to them with c&f, kid on role reversal:

them: you know gav, when you walked in here, i honestly thought you looked gay
me: really? so what is it you find attractive about gay guys

them: gav, who was that 40 yr old you were with the other night?
me: hmm, if it wasn't your mum, i can't remember

them: i heard you have a small **** gav
me: your mum didn't seem to think so

since we kid on with each other all the time, this type of teasing only adds to the humour; nothing taken seriously.

if your m8s are actually making serious negative comments about you, either try to turn it around or just ignore the fvckers cuz they aren't good m8s.
 

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by Charisma
tries to interrupt or say some silly **** about you as a player
do what fingers said to do:

say

"oh yeh, i'm a total player. usually my pimp status is more obvious, but i left my fur coat and gold chains at home"...turn back to hb, who is now laughing with you"
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by dillin
The thing is if I'm with these guys and I'm talking to girls it's like two guys gang up on me and try making me look bad. They make jokes about how I'm a virgin and crap like that infront of them but they only do it when chicks are around so it gets annoying.

These guys are total chump when it comes to girls anyways, all there girlfriends are hors who walk all over them and cheat behind there backs.
them: just cuz your a virgin
me: just cuz you don't want to believe the nasty stuff your mum did to me
 
Top