Friends constantly Amogging/disrespecting me

theobserver

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's my situation:

i used to be the leader of my social circle. then i stopped hangin out with them/stopped being invited to there ****. now they've been talking a lot of **** about me and all there inside jokes are getting annoying. now i usually am the bigger man and i'm more mature than all of them to take it personal, but apparently they've lost respect. is there a way to gain it back? or should i just find better friends. i hang out with them at school, so it's a little awkward. now this is always on and off for some reason, but i want to know that i'm not gonna take there **** anymore. sometimes i think it's out of jealousy and/or envy. but how would i handle it? cool, calm, unaffected? or just amog them right back. keep in mind, it's usually serious and uncalled for, like it's unnecessary. i can always find other friends, but i've known them for a long time (since 4th grade) what would you guys do?

rtb227

Don Juan
Reaction score
as you get older, you will get different friends. If they're giving you **** about hanging out with other people, they're not real friends. don't fret about it, if you're new friends have cuter girls hanging out with them its a plus

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chances are you will never see your high school friends ever again.

Unless you're a loser who gets stuck in his hometown around the same losers who can't make anything of their lives you will rarely see these "friends" ever again.

I speak from experience here and my advice would be to drop these ****ers and move on with your life. You got bigger fish to fry. I've dropped people who tried to BS me and talk me down who I've known since we were babies as neighbors. Don't care. Dropped them. You gotta have the balls and enough respect for yourself to say enough is enough and to drop kick the *****es to the curb when need be. Same applies to women. You got other options.

theobserver

Don Juan
Reaction score
also since i hang out with them during lunch and stuff, should i just stop hanging out with them and hang out with my other friends?

jeffthechef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well if you still want to be their friends...i would just ask em what's up at lunch or afterschool sometime...don't make a big deal out of it...

are you sure they're mad because you're hanging out with new people...if they are...that's kinda stupid

but...i would think they were mad at you because your ego got too big...i mean...in 5th grade the alpha in my group was kinda egotistical/narcissistic...so i kinda got annoyed..and we had a big fight...and now we're friends haha

anyways...find out what the problem is first...if they don't tell you..move on

theobserver

Don Juan
Reaction score
honestly i think it's just a temporary power rush they're getting because they keep all their secrets amongst themselves (via texting under the table... while they're sitting at the same table xD) but yeah i don't care, they're the kinda people who like to piss people off, specifically me, just for their enjoyment. but oh well, they can do that in their little social circle, but it's a big world and i can get and have as many friends as i want. yeah i'm not much of a big ego kinda guy, i joke around about it a lot, but i have some humility. i'll never get to the point where i so much think i'm the ****, even though i might be to some. thanks for your help guys. (plus they all have girlfriends except one, and he doesn't wanna go sarging with me.. it's sad really, he has had so many girlfriends, he would be the perfect wing, but he wants to lay low for a while apparently.)

all in all, i just have to stay unaffected by their bull****, cuz i know i can handle whatever they throw at me, cuz they really don't understand where i'm coming from. what friends they are, right? i'm just gonna do what i'm lovin, and love what i'm doin =] peace to the family.

- Patrick

BustedKnucks

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've lived in the same town all my life. If people don't like you in high school, who cares. Just don't talk to them. If they are constantly talking about you, and you keep ignoring them, it's not your problem they're obessing over you. Maybe they are jealous of your new friends, who knows? It doesn't matter, don't be rude to them, but don't try and be friendly either. Nod or smile a mum hello if you see them walking or out and about, but don't try to start a conversation.