Friends are pvssies - Tips to "Sarging" alone?

The_Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had it. My friends never get their asses off the computers and couches to go out to bars and pubs. I've always tried to organize and they always cancel at the last minute, excuses like "the taxi ride is too much, I won't have any money left for alcohol" and things of that nature. They only seems to get moving if all the "gang" will go out together (about 10-15 guys, all together) like a bunch of fags, a huge sausage party can you say?

I've decided before my recruitment for the Army, that I will try to go out alone to bars. I just can't find any normal friends who want to go out, have fun, drink, and meet girls.

So I'm going Lone-Wolf.

Any tips, guides, suggestions for me? I tried to search but there are way many threads about just "sarging" and couldn't find any specific ones about going out alone.

Asking for your help guys,

Thanks.

phoenix_met

Don Juan
Reaction score
working alone is very good sometimes...I've done it few times.we go out to a bar and everyone go on his way.if you are a shy guy i think it is better to go alone.because sometimes friends cause more problems rather than help you.
Just say I am a DJ(PLAYER) and do it.as david deangelo said fake it till you make it.

Flabbergasped?

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friends fall into two categories:

1) No game, but supportive. Will wing and be out in the field, but I can't really learn from them, though it's always good to have another perspective.

2) No game, but not tremendously supportive. Will laugh at me if I get rejected (which, as any DJ knows, happens a lot when you're opening dozens of sets a night), mostly to stroke their egos, since they're not doing anything.

My group 2 friends are awesome guys, but I have mixed feelings about being out with them. On the one hand, it gives me people I can kick back with, but on the other, I waste time trying to convince them to go out, and trying to keep them company when we are out.

Going lone helps overall. Just practice, practice, practice.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you Wolf, but the friends you already have are normal. Kinda sad, isn't it.

In any case, Pook says you should get good at "dating yourself" (ie, going out alone) so you'll figure out what things are fun to do in your area. Then you can start inviting girls along.

imo, If you're actually striving for success rather than just practice, then it takes significantly more ballz to sarge alone in a strange place. Most girls don't go out alone (because they are too damn afraid) so it's good to have a wingman of your own.

But hell, just do it. At college I usually went to the parties alone...granted I already knew plenty of the people on campus, but still. If I weren't living at home with my parents right now and if I were more into the horish club scene, I'd probably still be sarging alone.

Max Power

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try going out alone. If the place is big enough no one will notice you're alone if you move around all night. At the end of the night if your target asks where are your friends in an accusatory way say you came alone or if you're not comfortable with it say, "I lost them."

If you go out alone and still are not comfortable then pick about 3 or 4 bars and go to them the same night. So bar A and B on Friday and Bar C and D on Thursday.

Get to know the staff and by going the same nights of the week you're increasing the probability your new bar staff friends will be there. Once you get to know the staff they make excellent pivots when they are not busy and provide social proof.

Good luck.

TheCollector

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey The_Wolf I haven't had too much success sarging alone at the bar scene but here is a formula that worked for me at the clubs last weekend. Basically after enjoying a few drinks I got on the dance floor and attempted to dance with as many girls as I could. The key to this is to not get deterred if no girls want to dance with you. Even if they were in a pack of four I would go up behind the prettiest one and try to get her attention. For a lot of the night I got shut down but I didn't stop dancing and I copied moves that other good dancers at the clubs were using.

Because you are out on your own even with good looks your value to the girls might be a little lower at first but if you don't let rejection get you down you can change their value of you. Eventually a hot girl grinded with me and my value went up slightly. Then I found this hot black chick dancing by herself and we ended up grinding and making out. Another hot girl saw this and I went from being the weird guy dancing alone to the fun suave guy. This girl ended up approaching me when i was leaving which never happens to me and was a bit disapointed when I said i was leaving (I'm just learning this DJ stuff so i blew that opportunity). Basically just act like you don't give a crap about any girls reaction whether good or bad and you will have positive responses.

BustedKnucks

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had to basically sarge alone when I was in Italy, because I went with family and my brother who is only a year younger than me didn't want to go out half the time.

The hardest part was finding people who spoke english, heh....but when I did we already had common ground and a conversation opener. Wine was also cheaper than beer so I was wasted pretty early most nights. Trick is to not be sloppy, but a few drinks will loosen you up a little.

****, you can even pretend you're from out of town and looking for things to do in this "new" place :)

Lots of girls are b1tches and will shut you down, but plenty of others are on the more promiscuous side and will be very open as long as you are confident and chatty.

The_Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend of any reading material (or pin-point me to a user name / author) that is related to going out alone..?

Thanks in advance :)

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HMMMM well I cant remember about the club guide to sarging but, heres what I do know.....U GOTTA HAVE IT GOING ON INSIDE FIRST AND FAR MOST.

LETS RECAP ABOUT GOING ALONE

1) wear or have something thats an instant conversation starter or screams attention (COOL cell phone, glow in the dark necklace, T-SHIRT that says FUTURE EX BOYFRIEND, ETC.

2) colonge....when whispering to women they get a wiff and it actually enhances your odds of seduction.

3) SCOPE THE BAR/CLUB FOR single women, 2-3 women as approaching in groups of 3 is always good. This is where you survey the clientelle by doing a circle around the club....just looking and be sure to smile and hold your stare for about 3 seconds.

4) GET THERE EARLY-sheesh some guys arrive at peak hour when its super crowded.........waste.

5) STAND AT A POPULAR SPOT WHERE WOMEN ARE FORCED TO APPROACH YOU (the bar, outside the ladies washroom, NEAR DJ BOOTH)

6) ADOPT A WINGMAN-theres always plenty of guys TRYING to pick up women that stand on the wall, and you offering your skills to pick up women for them works wonders. This takes the pressure of rejection off of you and re-directs it onto your new found friends. BROS B 4 HOES philosophy. The fastest way to pickup a chic or get her digits.....adopt a wingwoman.

7) MAKE SMALL TALK-when a chic walks up to bar to get drink, ask if she just grabbed your butt......hey its my birthday...buy me a drink, kiss me if I am wrong but have we had sex before.

8) GET YOUR ASS ON THE DANCEFLOOR---by yourself just join a group or ask a chic.

9) MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE BOUNCER OR BARTENDER/DOORMAN/DJ-boosts your status 10 fold. A friend of mine stood just inside the door and pretended to be an ID checker/doorman......the girls asked hey do U even work here...he said NO but I thought you were kinda cute and wanted to know your name in case we hit it off later.

10) ISOLATE OR CHANGE VENUE if you aint feeling it....move on. Dont overstay your welcome.......closing the same night is added pressure.......get the digits and move on.

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to actually go out solo. Its so much better, and sometime girls let their guard down. I'n fact about 85% of the time I go alone, then just approach any girl you want.