"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Fresh target: moving in for the kill?

Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Location
California
So, we hired a new batch at work last month, and for the first time in ages, there is a new staff member that meets my HB standards (I'm known to be pretty picky, unfortunately).

Now, before I get a million replies about "dipping my pen in the company ink", so to speak, I will take a second to clarify. Not only am I 19 and working at a ****ty retail job, but there are so many couples on staff that management stopped caring long ago.

Now, back to business. This girl is a year younger than me, captain of the varsity cheerleading squad at her H.S. (can you say... my balls just exploded?), and already being hit on by the rest of the eligible male staff.

Now the good news is that I'm a DJ, and I've worked very hard to send my social proof at my workplace out the window. The girls quickly let her know that I was the prize catch that no-one has been able to land yet (I'm only interested in one other girl at work, she has a BF, so I stick to practicing game on her for now).

Now, for some reason, the flavor of game I've been spitting at this girl is super-agressive. I turned the heat way up on the C&F and I've been downright open with her. I made a few smooth comments like "yeah, you're pretty cute, but I've still got eyes for (other co-worker)."

So, now that the backstory has been established, I'll get to my point. Based on the way she's been acting recently, I know that I hit this one out of the park. She follows me around like a puppy dog and flirts with me endlessly. I was about to ask her out today, but after a particularly heated flirting session, some weird instinct told me to hold off. I got this feeling that I haven't put enough time into this girl yet. By leaving just as she wants more, and holding off on the inevitable, I feel like I may be creating that extra level of desire that could turn a good situation into a great one. I think this could be the chick that drives me to the casino so I can sleep in the car and play poker when I get there, gives me head in the parking lot, then buys me dinner and cleans my apartment while I sleep. Okay, so maybe not that far, but you see what I mean.

I'm just afraid of yanking her chain a little too much, so to speak. We've only seen each other about 6 or 7 times in our workplace environment, and I'm trying to figure out how soon I should move in for the kill and ask her out. It's just that I know that every day I leave her wanting more, she's going to all the other girls on staff and busting my social proof even higher, while increasing her own interest in me as well. Then again... I gotta make a move sometime if I want my diabolical plan to come to fruition!

Input appreciated, flamers eat my ass and balls.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
342
Reaction score
0
Age
45
It sounds like you have so much understanding and control of the situation that no one here could give you any advice better than your own judgement.
 

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
821
Reaction score
11
Location
Seattle, WA
I agree with Dapper..

Personally...the time sounds right bro..

The longer you keep this girl waiting may sound like a rational idea..you're doing what the average AFC would dare not do...you're being the challenge...you're being the prize...but...

there does come a point in time where she'll feel you're just a flake..and that when you pull back a little to far and too long...she'll actually find what she wants in another DJ...

Remember...women don't have the longest attention span when it comes to social proofing a fella...as soon as a more 'alpha' guy comes along, then, game over..

trite but: strike when the iron is hot

good luck bro..
 

Yo Homey! Pimp man!

New Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Now, before I get a million replies about "dipping my pen in the company ink", so to speak, I will take a second to clarify. Not only am I 19 and working at a ****ty retail job, but there are so many couples on staff that management stopped caring long ago.
You say this now, but what you do now will create habits later. If you break that rule now, you will do it later. And if you are in an important job, that is the worst thing you can do.



I think this could be the chick that drives me to the casino so I can sleep in the car and play poker when I get there, gives me head in the parking lot, then buys me dinner and cleans my apartment while I sleep. Okay, so maybe not that far, but you see what I mean
You want a girl like that? You can't do things for yourself? :rolleyes:
 

Mack Bishop

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
166
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Yo Homey! Pimp man!
You want a girl like that? You can't do things for yourself? :rolleyes:
eat his ass and balls, then eat my ass and balls. then eat your **** which is made out of our ass and balls that we made you eat.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Great replies, and they are much appreciated. I love this forum! Sometimes I just need to hear a few outside opinions. Thanks guys!
 
Top