Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Free weights vs Machines?

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious, I've heard a lot how free weights are better than machines, cuz they work more muscles than the machine does.

Is this true? Free weights meaning dumbells, bars, etc.

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it is true.
With the exception of row, tricep pushdown, leg press & a few others, machines are sh!t.

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Free weights are superior because you work the tiny stabalizer muscles along with your large muscle groups. When you try to hold the weights up a lot more muscles come into play.

Machines are stable so you work only the major muscles the machine is designed for.

Personally I work freeweights first and if Im tired and still have workout time left, switch to the machines. That way when the small muscles are worn out, I can still work my major ones to the max.

So basically I go freeweights, then bars, then cables, then machines. But the meat of the workout should be freeweights.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What xyzzy said.

The only acceptable machines are cable machines since your movement is not controlled. The lat pull-downs and tri pushdown and cable flies are all cool. Leg press is cool too, but only after squats.