Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

frankel

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fly By Night said:
Haha, excuse my unclassyness, but I just watch basketball :eek:

I feel like I would start watching these races if I became a billionaire.
Horse racing and boxing used to be the biggest sports in the world and in America. They were the common mans sports and still are IMO. I love the romance and history of the two sports, such colourful personalities involved and such sublime history. I was born in the wrong era!

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gaucho said:
Horse racing and boxing used to be the biggest sports in the world and in America. They were the common mans sports and still are IMO. I love the romance and history of the two sports, such colourful personalities involved and such sublime history. I was born in the wrong era!
I mean the big days like the derby and the breeders cup you can see shiekhs and princes and billionares and stuff but what, 340 days of the year, horse racing is a very meat and potatoes industry. 95% of the people in horse racing are very much working class, work 7 days a week type people. all my track friends are very middle class, not rich not poor people.

**** funny cide was bought for what, 35k by a bunch of high school friends who got drunk one night and thoguht it would be a good idea to buy a race horse and each one of them put 5k in, a year later they were sitting at belmont park having won 2 legs of the triple crown. doesn't get any middle class than that

the man who this horse frankel is named after, Bobby Frankel, grew up in the bronx and did not even have a hrose background. he went to the track and became a pretty good gambler as a teen/early 20's. then used his money to finance his living while he learned how to train horses. By 2000 he had become the best horseman in america and one of the best in the world and was Juddmontes primary american trainer, juddmonte being the owners of Frankel and probably the most successful farm in the entire world. He died of cancer about 2 years ago and Juddemonte named a then 2YO horse they had after him to remember him, that horse is frankel.

Bobby Frankel retired a millionare times over, he not only learned how to train horses he had one of the best eyes for horses I have ever seen. he bought a horse a few years ago at Calder in florida for about 100k and off that won 2 grade 1's with him and then sold him to Godlphin for 12 million dollars lol. then horses like ghostzapper (my fav horse ever) he got 10% of whatever they won and he won about 5 million dollars.

If anyone has ever seen Real Housewifes of NY or Bethany Ever After, Bethany Frankel is bobby frankel's daughter.

you don't have to be a billionaire to enjoy a good horse race.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pish posh. The greatest miler was the aptly-named Fastness -- especially when following his trusty rabbit Romarin. Just bad luck his BC Mile was on a boggy sod that was ill-suited to his hooves and running style.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, calling Frankel the greatest horse doesn't go well with me either, considering he is yet to race pretty much all the top horses on the planet, from other middle distance horses such as Monterosso, Danedream, Cirrus, So You Think. If he travels, takes on these horses and puts them behind him by 10 lengths, then without question he is the greatest ever, but I'm yet to be convinced. Let's see him take a risk and face some of the best out of his own backyard, heck I'll be happy if he just faces one of them and puts them in his rear view mirror like he does to Excelebration.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
on her A game I don't think there is a turf miler better than Miesque. Mieque did it against the best of the best.

Zarkava won the arc but i think her best distance was a mile. she toyed with godkiova at a mile.

so you think was just retired. looks like frankel gets to duck that one

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Devestating news on So You Think, ah well, hopefully he is a good sire, his setting a record in Australia 66k for one pop! Too bad he didn't get a revenge match against some of those other horses with proper training, you don't often see a trainer come out and admit they were completely wrong!

Still plenty of good horses for Frankel to race, and I'm sure he will if he does take it to 10F.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what a ****ing race horse. wow.

last year he would have lost todays race

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
as good as zarkava, sea the starts, dubai millinium, miesque, goldikova were at a mile frankel woudl kill all of them.
Didn't Dubai Millennium run something like only 4 G1 races in his lifetime, then retired due to an injury, and died after only one stud season? That's hardly a wonder horse.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Down Low said:
Didn't Dubai Millennium run something like only 4 G1 races in his lifetime, then retired due to an injury, and died after only one stud season? That's hardly a wonder horse.
Dubai Millennium ran 10 times in his life, and won 9 races. Teh only race he ever lost was the Epsom Derby which was 12F. that's about 2F further than Dubai Millennium wanted to run.

however, it wasn't so much how much DM won, it was how he won that makes him one of the best ever. the vast majority of his races weren't even remotely close.
  • in only his 2nd time ever on dirt, he won the worlds most expensive race, the dubai world cup, without even breaking out of a strong gallop. see for yourself i'm not exaggerating
these are the best dirt horses in thew orld, getting beat by a turf horse, who isn't even being asked to run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK0nydYh3xU
  • After that he beat sendawar, a horse everyone ripped him for trying to duck for a year, and a horse who himself hadn't lost a race in a year, without breaking out of a strong gallop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyuwNOjNHsQ

keep in mind the 2nd place horse, the one in the green, had won 4 grade 1's in a row and hadn't lost in a year, and DM is at no point in this race asked for his best.. and he didnt' beat him, he trounced him.

Dubai Millennium is a lot like Ghostzapper. a 2 or 3 year old DM was a good but not great horse. but once DM hit 4 the lights went off and turned into a freak of nature.

funny you bring this post up today. a 4YO DM would have steam rolled frankel today. I think it was the track, he was very off today i dont' think he likes heavy ground.

but yeah DM as a 4YO, very very very few wanted any. he made very good horses look very silly.

he died of a grass sickness. Eletroctionist, who won the world cup and had the same owner, died of the same thing a few years later.

also, the Dubai world cup he recieved a 140 Timeform rating.. which is how we compare horses from across the world. that's the highest in about 40 years, and it was only topped by sea the stars earlier this year at ascot.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great great win for Frankel!

Bullet Train couldn't lead him this time as they got split up! Cirrus Des Aigles is a top notch horse - finally we see Frankel take on one of the absolute best, not just Excelebration who keeps being given a top rating just because he comes second to Frankel.

Ground looked very heavy in patches which made it even trickier.

Wish Frankel would have travelled and taken on some of the other big horses but at least we saw him take on Cirrus in the end. Didn't even barely need to pull the whip either. Just such power in his stride!

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
juddmonte shoudl be announcing his fee in a few weeks it's bout that time of the year.

i am betting it's at least 200k USD.

I mean usually i'm at the top of the this horse is overrated he couldn't run with X or Y or Z from this generation or that generation..

but seriously frankel is this good. on his best day I don't think miesque could beat him

everyone looks at like, time and how far they win by and stuff like that but i mean

today he ran on a surface he hates, he ran 2 furlongs further than he really likes to run, he broke last and late, and the horse that was put in the race for the sole reason to get the lead and set a fast pace so he can run into, didnt'; get the lead lol., and he not only still won the race despite all this.. i still dont' think Queely ever hit him.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced his the absolute best of the best. There are plenty of good (not great) horses around at this time and he didn't take them all on. He never even left home. But no doubt about it, his one of the best ever after that last race.

He was hit at least once, but I get your point. He could have been pushed a lot harder! I hate how it's expected Bullet Train will lead him though, damn European horses!