Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

FR: Somewhere, somehow I fvcked up this pickup

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happend last Friday.

2 points upfront:

1) I had been riding in the desert all day - 6AM left my house 5PM got home.

2) It was an open bar :)

So, Friday night went to a freinds Work's Xmas party.

Awesome place - Pretty much a Couple kind of function - but there were some single people there - not much to choice from in the girl department - but a sprinkling of hotties.

I get there, power down a couple of red bull's and vodka - just to get the energy up. Then I hit the beer for the rest of the night.

I finally spot this cute little blonde chick - she seems to be hanging out with another girl and two guys. But I notice her giving me some decent eye contact. I'm hanging out in the bar area with my 2 buddies about 10 feet from her group.

I wait it out.

About 15 minutes later the guys leave and one of the girls is talking to a new girl that's just arrived.

I make my move.

As I walk over, blonde is starting to sit in a booth that's close by - I stroll over and say "Hi".... as I do, she moves over in the booth, smack's the seat next to me and Asks me if I want to sit down.

I slide in.

Conversation is going great. She's ask's me if I work for the company - I tell her know, I'm a guest of someone - and she tell's me she is as well. Great.

So - a drink later - 30 mins go buy - and I ask her if she wants to dance? She declines. I'm like who doesn't want to dance....

So i suggest we go outside check out the view (for those of you from LA - I was at ahotel on Sunset Blvd, overlooking Downtown LA)...

She declines, tell's me it's a little to cold for her....

What the hell?

Well, after that - I figure this chick is just way to much work - and is definitely going to be high maintenance.

See you later.. and I move on.

I put the whole experience down to her being boring.... But maybe I messed up somewhere there. Who knows. Who cares.

uniassign

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think something happened during the conversation stage. During the "Conversation" stage, you are effectively selling yourself.

What did you talk about? Was she enjoying it? How was her body language? What about her friends?

Before you ask her to dance, see the sunset or whatever, you have to be sure that she is interested. No point going for something that is impossible (at that time).

Having said that, you have to keep in mind that girls are usually very closed off during work social events. They are afraid of getting a negative reputation when they are out with the work people. The girls she was with could be her work buddies. The boss might be around the corner. There could be guys there that wants her. If you don't work for the company and she is SEEN walking out of the bar or worse dancing with you, then her co-workers might TALK.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a knock on you but it seems like her interest level was low. it happens to the best of us. Pretty typical. Why worry? Next her and move on to someone else.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what I would have done differently:
So - a drink later - 30 mins go buy
You were talking to her for 30 minutes. A bit too long. Next time, talk to her for 10 minutes or so, and then go back to your work Xmas party for 15-20 minutes, then come back to talk to her. Give her a little, pull back. Give her a little, pull back. It works well when you're in a social setting.

and I ask her if she wants to dance? She declines. I'm like who doesn't want to dance....
First of all, never ask a woman to dance. Lead her to the dance floor. Take her hand and say, "Come on, let's go dance." If she declines, say, "Okay, I'll go find someone who likes to dance" and go find another woman to dance with. Then, go back to the one who didn't want to dance with you!

If you've got good rapport and you're using c/f to warm her up, you shouldn't have a problem getting her on the dance floor.

So i suggest we go outside check out the view (for those of you from LA - I was at ahotel on Sunset Blvd, overlooking Downtown LA)...

She declines, tell's me it's a little to cold for her....
She just wasn't interested in you. Either your game is weak, or she was taken.