FR: Sales Girls Staring

newhotness

Banned
Reaction score
I was at a convenience store the other day, and decided to hit on the sales girl there. Man, she was hot. 8, 8.5 easily. The reason I hit on her was because she was so friendly last time.

I see her walk by, recognize her, and just ask her whether the shoes I was trying on looked good on me and whether they fit me properly. When I ask this, she stares into my eyes for a good long stare (several seconds). She seems aroused all of a sudden, like her attention is heightened. She glances at my shoes for a split second, then raises her eyes again to stare into my eyes. She is studying my face, just staring.

She says I might try a size larger, but seems not to be paying attention to my shoes, which is what I was asking about. Even though she is staring heavily, to the point of discomfort on my part, she's not getting all giggly, or blushing or giving any obvious signs that she's into me. Just heavy staring.

Should I take this as a sign of attraction? She almost seemed aggressive. I almost felt like I had done something wrong. Just staring very hard. How do you read this?

This has happened several times now, with different salesgirls.

New

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did I read that wrong, or are you saying that you buy your shoes at a convenience store?

Enh, it's beside the point. What the point should be about is why it matters if it was a sign of attraction. Why does it matter? You were interested in her, so you asked her out. Right? Why do I have the feeling that you didn't? Damn man, you're interested in her and you're talking to her, you should be asking her out, but you let an odd stare jack your mojo, didn't you?

You must not have asked her out because then you'd know if she was interested because she would have said yes or no, but you didn't so you've got to try to read into some little part of the event like one of us is Edgar Cayce and is going to be able to tell you what she's thinking.

unknownDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
happens to me all the time, she just wants to get the sale. Thats what retail girls do flirt to get the sale. I tend to ignore it and go on with my business, all I want is to buy what I want and get the hell outta there.

Kings_royalty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
happens to me all the time, she just wants to get the sale. Thats what retail girls do flirt to get the sale.

That doesn't mean you can't have a little fun with them. If these girls want to make any kind of money, they have to approach you. Why not take advantage of it and get in a little practice?

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
S1NN3R said:
Did I read that wrong, or are you saying that you buy your shoes at a convenience store?
lol! that was the first thing that I saw too. "Man, were'd you get those Air Force ones?!" "Oh you know, the 7Eleven down the street had em for 50% off" haha

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT - u made deep sexual eye contact with a girl, and then u ran to sosuave to see what u should do next???

are u gonna go back after u get some advice and continue ur conversation from before??

dude thats RETARDED

heres what u SHOULD have done:

her: "i think u should try 1 size bigger"
you: "ur not even looking at my shoes baby!"
her: "no no, i am" (still making eye contact)
you: (very sexually) "ok ill go get that bigger size, and ill wear it on our date.....gimme your # and ill give u a call (put arm around her playfully)"

dude u can say ANYTHING like this and it would be better than wat u did.....which was NOTHING

newhotness

Banned
Reaction score
Clarification

The thing that's confusing for me is that I have a hard time distinguishing between a "sexual" stare and an "aggressive" stare. I've put my foot in my mouth plenty of times before with my sarcasm, so sometimes I expect people to get upset. But with these sales girls I usually just ask a simple sales question or mind my own business. But they give me these hard stares. It's confusing!

Either I've done something to offend them (which is highly unlikely) or they are very aroused. Although I've done nothing to arouse them, just asking some simple question. I'm hoping it's the latter.

New

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
newhotness said:
The thing that's confusing for me is that I have a hard time distinguishing between a "sexual" stare and an "aggressive" stare. I've put my foot in my mouth plenty of times before with my sarcasm, so sometimes I expect people to get upset. But with these sales girls I usually just ask a simple sales question or mind my own business. But they give me these hard stares. It's confusing!

Either I've done something to offend them (which is highly unlikely) or they are very aroused. Although I've done nothing to arouse them, just asking some simple question. I'm hoping it's the latter.

New
Don't assume things too easily in situations where there are very likely other reasons why people might be nice/charming/flirtatious with you. Maybe for your money, maybe for your favor, maybe for your time, maybe just for your attention.

In this case, I'd say that 90% likely she's just trying to make the sale. Plus some people just have the habit to look into people's eyes "charmingly" when they talk to them, confident and socially intelligent people do that all the time.

Until you try anything, there's no way to find out for sure. So next time, do something in situations like this. Better be disappointed that having regrets and "what if"s.

And one last thing: if you are not an attractive guy that at least gets SOME decent girls checking you out on the streets, then if something (girls wise) looks too good to be true, it probably is.

newhotness

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, you are guys are so cynical! I'm not sure if you get this or not, but people who work in convenience stores DO NOT work on commission! Duh! Also, I tried shoes on as an excuse to talk to the girl! Double duh! This type of cynicism affects your results.

PS: I'm asking a question, not making assumptions, dumbazz.

Le Parisien said:
Don't assume things too easily in situations where there are very likely other reasons why people might be nice/charming/flirtatious with you. Maybe for your money, maybe for your favor, maybe for your time, maybe just for your attention.

In this case, I'd say that 90% likely she's just trying to make the sale. Plus some people just have the habit to look into people's eyes "charmingly" when they talk to them, confident and socially intelligent people do that all the time.

Until you try anything, there's no way to find out for sure. So next time, do something in situations like this. Better be disappointed that having regrets and "what if"s.

And one last thing: if you are not an attractive guy that at least gets SOME decent girls checking you out on the streets, then if something (girls wise) looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
newhotness said:
Wow, you are guys are so cynical! I'm not sure if you get this or not, but people who work in convenience stores DO NOT work on commission! Duh! Also, I tried shoes on as an excuse to talk to the girl! Double duh! This type of cynicism affects your results.

PS: I'm asking a question, not making assumptions, dumbazz.
Actually, you know what, she's madly in love with you. It was love at first sight, she didn't ask for your number because she was in awe, she was speechless...

Just like you said youself, you read all the signs, how can you be wrong about her attraction to you?

Plus when people don't get direct commissions, they NEVER want to do their job right, right?

Feeling happy now?

Oh, I forgot, she must be touching herself now thinking about you...
:whistle:

And thank you for your appreciation to people who actually took the time to reply to your thread...:rolleyes: