FR: Lakeland pickup

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very quick one here but I learnt something from it:

Me and a mate were about in York blagging free drink for a Uni Party (got 8 bottles of wine and a bottle of bacardi- result! And the event was banging, we each won £125) and we go into a kitchen-y shop to look for plastic cups. This cute brunette HB8 was working at the door, so I asked her about the cups. No luck on that department, but she was eating me up with her eyes so I opened up with...

Cloud: Hey, me and my friend have been in town since 9 picking up random odds and ends, and you are by far the best looking girl in a fetching beige number I've seen all day.
HB8: *Giggles* Thank you!
Cloud: I'm in a rush but I'd love to get your phone number so that I can call you up and bug you sometime
HB8: This is going to sound bad, but I don't actually know my own number
Cloud: What?!
HB8: I've just never taken the time to learn it
Cloud: What's wrong with you?! How can you not know your own number? Ok, here's an idea, I'll give you my number, but if I find out you're just saying that to get rid of me I'll cry.
HB8: *Giggles* Ok, ok, write it down here.
Cloud: What's your name?
HB8: Kim
Cloud: Ok Kim, I'm Alex, hope to talk to you soon- bye.

Mmmm, not the best ever, in retrospect I should have asked for her e-mail, but I don't think I was getting blown off. Whether she'll call or not is another matter, but i don't think I was being blown off. I have to say I like the opener, even if I do say so myself!

I'll post a FR of the Day2 I'm getting with the girl I met in drag after rocky horror on Tuesday. I'll try and get some pics up too.

Word.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like it man. It's too direct for me, but props to ya.

Shop assistants are the easiest to pick up. You have to understand that working in an evironment like that is incredibly boring and most girls will be receptive and glad of the distraction/attention, moreso than the random approach on the street. Hell, if you go in often enough, around the same time they actually look for you.

I'm not sure I'd give her my number. I'd imply I'd come back. Giving her the number gives her the power. The cynic in me can just see her going to her friends "look what some guy gave me at work....". Especially as you havn't really demonstrated any value so to speak.

I might have thrown in a few wingman tatics...e.g..

You: You don't know your own phonenumber?? Wow.....I'm dissapointed *back turn*
Friend: C'mon Alex, we'll have to find someone else with a striking outfit *starts walking off*
You: *sigh* But I like this outfit!! Hold up, (go with e-mail, or giving her your number)

Alternativly, tell her you'll be back, and she better have that number memorised (then you can get to know her some more)

You: You don't know your own phonenumber?? Wow.....I'm dissapointed *back turn*. Y'know what, I'm going to come back when I've got some free time. I'm not letting this lie....*or something to that effect*

Btw. A favourite opener of mine is (if they're stood round doing nothing) "wow, you look bored....here, I'll relieve it". (+ variations)

Edit : Don't play yourself down so much. You say things like "I might call you up and bug you sometime" - who wants to be bugged? Try, "I might call you up and get to know you better, coz you look cool/interesting"
Replace "...Or i might cry" with "I might have to never trust a girl in a beige outfit again"

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^^ Yeah I agree, should have come back later. Didn't consider that. With the down-playing, it seemed very appropriate considering the cheeky opener, and I hope I made her know I was joking. I have to get more back-turns into there mind you... Well, lots of things to tighten up anyhoo.:up: