Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

FR: Insta-date at a conference

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Didn't score, but figured I'd share it anyway.

So I check into a hotel for a conference the next day. (I'm just here one night.) I take my "disco nap" and then go to the hotel bar about 9pm.

I stand behind the "sniper" approach that I preach. In other words, just pick one target and do the best I can with that rather than "work the room." So I sit down at the bar and order my rum and coke. I see one lady alone playing with her phone. I purposely sit two seats away. I decide to wait until she's free. She puts down her phone and looks right at me. Ok Mike, time to get your sorry a$s in gear...lol.

Mike: Are you here on business? <My default opener for business women.>

HB6: Yes, I'm with blah blah blah. U?

Mike: I'm with such and such.

<I can barely hear her so I lean over>.

<She moves one seat closer so she's right next to me. Very good sign.>

Anyway, plenty of fluff talk. I ask what she does for fun so I can mention the ballroom dance when she asks me the same question.

Eye contact is good. She's smiling. Her knee is pressed against my leg which is good.

HB6: Do you ever like, umm bar dance?

Mike: You mean freestyle? Yeah sure.

HB6: This Irish bar across the street has music and a dance floor. I was tempted to go over there, but didn't want to venture out alone.

<Ok so two options. Stay at the hotel bar and drink more or go across the street and dance with lots of kino and drink there. Then return to the hotel after.>

Mike: We can go check it out. I'll show you some cool turns to add to your "bar dance."

HB6: I bet you will :)

Anyway, we go to the other bar. No band that night. No music. Mother f$cker lol. Ended up eating pizza.

HB6: I'm not really a big drinker.

<She orders a water with the pizza>

HB6: So why are you still single?

Mike: I haven't met the right one.

<More fluff. Finish eating and walk back to hotel.>

HB6: I had a really good time.

<Tries Mike's "last chance saloon" elevator line>
Mike: I'm gonna go relax and watch some tv. Wanna come up (to my room)?

HB6: I really can't. But I had a great time.

<Brief kiss>

She leaves. It's only 11:30 pm.

Return to hotel bar. No other targets. Have another drink. Call it a night.

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol....not bad...made a friend.

I would have not gone to the place she suggested because thats her frame i guess. U decide things type of deal we preach here.

But to continue kino dancing, after u found out there was no music, i would have said, i promised you dancing and i brought my portable speakers, come dance upstairs and relax...eh, idk maybe something like that. Just giving u feedback on a nice Wednesdays FR

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
_sideways_ said:

I would have not gone to the place she suggested because thats her frame i guess. U decide things type of deal we preach here.

But to continue kino dancing, after u found out there was no music, i would have said, i promised you dancing and i brought my portable speakers, come dance upstairs and relax...eh, idk maybe something like that. Just giving u feedback on a nice Wednesdays FR
Definitely. I wasn't leading the interaction well enough. Oh well, I'll do better next time. It's been a while. I'm rusty lol.

I'm going to a wedding in three weeks. After reading the wedding threads, I'm excited. No doubt that I can use my dance skills there. Just have to go easy on the kino. Have to keep it classy. It's not a nightclub lol.

apprenticedj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First off Mike thank you for introducing me to the term disco nap!!

Secondly I liked the way this field report went eventhough nothing major happened. I'm not so frame specific, I would've done exactly as you did. She wants to dance which means almost GUARANTEED kino, close physical contact. It sounds like you know your way around a dancefloor. If you're showing her a good time she would've had several more drinks, she only slowed down because the mood dropped (not your fault, no dancing).

Also I think you attempted to get her upstairs in a smooth way that didn't seem sleazy but also made your intentions clear.

You played the hand you were dealt well, not every interaction is going to lead to a marathon bangfest. But I think you already understand that well. Nice work.

BetterCallSaul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
_sideways_ said:

Dude, it's easy to be really critical after the fact. He's someplace he's probably not very familiar with and he's supposed to automatically know someplace to go and do X activity? Who cares if she suggested this.

My 2 questions to the OP are this: You mentioned the ballroom dancing you were thinking of. Was this an actual event taking place at the hotel or were you referring to that you've done ballroom dancing before and you're good at it and wanted to share that with her?

Also, I noticed you didn't have a lot of kino in your game, or at least it wasn't mentioned much. You only indicated that you were planning on doing this when you went to dance across the street.

Only thing I could suggest might have been after you found out there was no band that night, maybe whip out your phones and tell her 'let's find something else instead', something like that. I'd be willing to bet you could have laid her but she was probably not feeling close enough to you yet.

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya did fine man. Thanks for sharing. You lead the interaction without being needy. She was responding to you and giving you lots of IOIs. You pushed for the lay in a decent way, she wasn't down, so you parted ways. Not much more you could've done. I mean i guess you could've got the number and thrown out a hail mary call, but you're only there for one night, so whatev's. Keep on keepin on.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BetterCallSaul said:
Dude, it's easy to be really critical after the fact. He's someplace he's probably not very familiar with and he's supposed to automatically know someplace to go and do X activity? Who cares if she suggested this.I wasn't familiar with the area.

My 2 questions to the OP are this: You mentioned the ballroom dancing you were thinking of. Was this an actual event taking place at the hotel or were you referring to that you've done ballroom dancing before and you're good at it and wanted to share that with her?
The latter. There was no ballroom event. The intent was to get conversational mileage out of the topic and offer to show her some ballroom turns while freestyle dancing at some bar with a band.
Also, I noticed you didn't have a lot of kino in your game, or at least it wasn't mentioned much. You only indicated that you were planning on doing this when you went to dance across the street.

Only thing I could suggest might have been after you found out there was no band that night, maybe whip out your phones and tell her 'let's find something else instead', something like that. I'd be willing to bet you could have laid her but she was probably not feeling close enough to you yet.
Yep. I also think dancing would have helped, but that's ok. Did the best I could in a unfamiliar area. Thanks.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
apprenticedj said:
First off Mike thank you for introducing me to the term disco nap!!

Disco naps are an important part of game. And the older you get, the longer it has to be lol.

Secondly I liked the way this field report went eventhough nothing major happened. I'm not so frame specific, I would've done exactly as you did. She wants to dance which means almost GUARANTEED kino, close physical contact. It sounds like you know your way around a dancefloor. If you're showing her a good time she would've had several more drinks, she only slowed down because the mood dropped (not your fault, no dancing).

Yup.

Also I think you attempted to get her upstairs in a smooth way that didn't seem sleazy but also made your intentions clear.

I've used that line successfully in the past. But even if she declines, it's respectful enough where you will never offend the female.

You played the hand you were dealt well, not every interaction is going to lead to a marathon bangfest. But I think you already understand that well. Nice work.
Oh yeah. Definitely.