FR: Girl at lunch

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Well, here's the situation, there's this girl, along with her friend, who let's me sit at her table during lunch and while her friend was elsewhere, she asked me "So, Mike, excited for spring break?". Kind of nervously I replied, "Well, you know, I'm just going to chill at home, you know, watch TV, play guitar.", after that she said "That's cool" and I asked her "So, you going anywhere?" and we basically had a conversation, which you can see below:
Me: So, you going anywhere?
Rebecca: Oh yeah, Florida.
Me: Cool, what part of Florida are you going to?
Rebecca: (Says this part of Florida, that I can't exactly remember)
Me: Ah, that's cool. Do you have any relatives in Florida?
Rebecca: Yeah, my grandparents own a house up there.
Me: Interesting. So what do you plan on doing when you get to Florida?
Rebecca: Ah, just swimming.
Me: Ah, I see. Well that's interesting.
Rebecca: Hmm?(I guess she didn't understand what I said at this point)
Me: Oh, I said, that was interesting.
Rebecca: Oh, yeah.
Yes, boring I know, but I still want to know, what could I have done to make the conversation go on longer and what could I have done better in the conversation? What could I have done to build more interest with her? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

originaldj

Don Juan
Reaction score
Be creative ask her about previous vacations, tell her a funny story about yours etc. And you have to throw in humour there somewhere.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job man. It's good to see you doing something.

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me: So, you going anywhere?
Rebecca: Oh yeah, Florida.
Me: Cool, what part of Florida are you going to?
Rebecca: (Says this part of Florida, that I can't exactly remember)
Me: Ah, that's cool. Do you have any relatives in Florida?
Rebecca: Yeah, my grandparents own a house up there.
Me: Interesting. So what do you plan on doing when you get to Florida?
Rebecca: Ah, just swimming.
Me: Ah, I see. Well that's interesting.
Rebecca: Hmm?(I guess she didn't understand what I said at this point)
Me: Oh, I said, that was interesting.
Rebecca: Oh, yeah.

Add some humor to your conversations....ask her a question...make a joke about her answer...if you can...add some ****y humor in there....(Florida...huh...I heard that the gators eat people down there...and you can pay me for the best protection out here).

Damian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems more like an interrogation than a conversation to me. When she gives you a response, don't just follow up with another question. Lead into the conversation topic with some more of your own comments. Don't just say "Cool" "That's interesting." In fact, I'd say "that's interesting" is one of the most overused disinterested conversational fillers. It's not even worth it's weight in dog crap.

"Hey, that reminds me about this one time...(Your own story)" Doesn't even have to actually relate to the topic on hand. The possibilities are limitless (DHV's, Negs, and other convo routines), but remember to keep the talk coming, don't just fire question after question. What you actually did is considered meaningless fluff talk, not a conversation. By asking so many questions and giving such sparse responses, you give her all of the burdern of creating a conversation, which no woman will care to pick up. Don't just fire off one-liners, but instead, discuss some random crap and keep it funny. Above all, MAKE your conversation, don't expect it.

-Damian

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, girls want to find a guy with interesting conversation skills. They aren't going to actually try to keep a convo going until they like you alot. But you have to be interesting, and full of stories. Think of times in your past.
Most of my stories come from the family farm. And girls are like "You definitely don't look like a farmer." Blah blah blah.