Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

FR: Don't Ever Think You Can't!!!

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a MUST READ, chronicling the biggest day of my life concerning pick-up and women. The entire story is quite entertaining and motivating, with the actual pick-up following at the end. Comments and advice on my approach are much appreciated, as well as on what I should do in the future.

Today, me and my friends went to the mall for the "Pick-Up Game" that I was talking about yesterday. One friend and I were competiting to see who could get the most numbers in a day. Considering that neither of us have actually cold approached a girl (I always get SO close and then I just can't go up and talk to the girl), I figure beforehand that it will probably just be us walking around the mall for two and a half hours having fun with friends. At first, the one friend and I are the only ones there, while we wait for the third friend to show up (he's just there for fun and moral support). I spot one of my friends from football and we chat for a second...turns out, we're all there for the same reason, haha! What a surprise...

The third friend arrives, and my competitor and I have a "coin toss" to determine who approaches first. Thank GOD I won the coin toss, because I knew he wouldn't ever go, leaving me free of ridicule for my lack of stones. I give my friend a time and a half for a good forty minutes, while running into more friends of mine. We stop and have a blended coffee drink and reflect on his making the day a complete failure...jokingly, of course. We decide to go at "the same time"...impossible, I know. There is also a total lack of girls to game in the mall...things are looking bleak, and I know that this afternoon will end like every other attempt at pick-up over the last two futile years of walking malls, pools, ball-games, and God knows where else.

We are sitting on a ledge in the mall when I spot another friend of mine, let's call him John. We had talked about pick-up in the past, and although his methods are cheesy as a mother, he is one of the few guys who actually approach girls, so I consult him for some help on our little prediciment.

Throughout the day, we've been going in American Eagle, particulary for my looking at the girl greeting customers at the front. She is an easy HB9, and probably in college, by my best estimate. I'm a junior in HS, but look old and mature for my age. I've been thinking of talking to this chick, and wanting to all day. I've probably been in there two or three times "browsing" before talking with John, and the most I've spoken to the girl is the customary "Hey, how ya doing" when she greets us while entering.

My friend in competition and I talk with John about our problems talking to girls, and he gives us a pep talk and advice. I know now that I probably won't say anything, as this is scarier than running routes against 275 pound linebackers on Fridays, but that the game will now be in my hands, as I have expressed my interest in the girl at AE. The group now follows me down to AE, and I go in the store, saying hi to the girl again, but, alas, nothing more. I was expecting my friends to follow me in, but there they stand out front leaving me in the store, alone on an island. Nuts!

I phone my friend and tell him to get his a$s in the store. They all come and ask me what the heck I'm doing, and...I have no answer. The friend from football comes in, and after listening to my prediciment and looking at the girl I want, laughs and says I don't have a snowball's shot in hell. I only wish he would have stayed around, for he missed a show.

I enter and re-enter AE twice more, with NO more sacking up to do. The last trip, I dared my competition friend to speak to her himself. He says something, I hear, as I had my back turned in embarassment. He was looking at some wallet, and the alarm thing at the front rang. I guess he did talk to her. More than I can say. In total disgust, I exit American Eagle and sit down at tables in front of the store with John, my competition friend, and the other friend there for fun. There, John had a heart-to-heart with me, and I was having a complete breakdown. I was forgetting everything I've ever learned, I was like a small child without floaties in the Atlantic Ocean. They wanted me to approach. I wanted to approach, SOOO badly. I wanted this girl. But I also knew I couldn't do it. I knew I couldn't approach though. I never could. I'd tried for two years to do this, and I knew that I didn't have it in me. I knew I'd go home sad, defeated, and again, wonder what I could have done.

He tells me what to say..."My friends dared me to talk to the most beautiful girl in the mall. How about we go and get something to eat on your break with their money." I was nervous out of my mind, as I was actually entertaining the thought of doing this! I was rehearsing the line with John and my other friends, and I was doing AWFUL! It was the Miss South Carolina moment of pick-up. I wasn't making eye contact, I was figeting, I COULDN'T SPEAK! I actually said, "How about we go do something with your money during work." AND THIS WAS REHEARSING WITH MY FRIENDS! I could only imagine what would happen when I actually spoke to this stunning girl. In retrospect, my jumbled lines were completely hilarious, but at the moment felt like the biggest meltdown in the universe. I knew I couldn't and wouldn't do anything.

They had me rehearsing a new line...since I couldn't handle the thought of an insta-date. The new magic words were "Congratulations, you've won the award for being the most beautiful girl working in the mall. If you give me your name and number, I'll enter you in a contest to win an all-expense paid date with me." I couldn't imagine doing this, and I couldn't even keep a straight face while rehearsing with friends. But John and the others believed in me, and kept me going. I am exceptionally grateful for their friendship and support. John had me go to GNC and practice on an actual girl that works there, that he knows. I spilled the beans to her about what I was doing, and the line had her in stitches. Although it wasn't a real approach, since she was in on it, I now had my practice swing in. The laugh made me wonder the validity of the line...but I was going to just spin it with humor, I assume.

By this time, I WANT to finally sack up and do something. I want this chick! She is hot, and she is mine. I get the idea in my head that I am going to do it finally. That I will speak to this girl, and NOT stop this time. No matter what. I will finally take what I want. We get to the store...and my friend points her out, in the corner of the store, in the front, right next to the window so all my friends get to watch the magic that unfolds right before their eyes. I go in, and without hesitation, make my first approach, with all on the line.

What follows is quite possibly the greatesst clutch moment of my life, and one that I wish you all could have seen in person. I, as well as my friends, will remember this first time for a very, very long time.

*Excuse all the haha’s…I’m including the laughs to give you guys an idea of the fun energy involved*

Me: There you are again!
Her: Haha, yeah you keep coming back to see me
Me: You caught me, I can’t help it!
Her: So, how’s it going?
Me: Good! What’s your name?
Her: ---
Me: *some other name, I couldn’t understand the name well”?
Her: No, ---
Me: Oh, sorry! Haha.
Her: That’s cool!
Me: Well, I wanted to congratulate you
Her: Haha, for what?
Me: Well, I’ve been thinking about it, and you’ve won the award for being the prettiest girl in the mall!
Her: Hahahaha! Thanks
Me: Was that funny enough?
Her: Haha, yeah
Me: Wait though, there’s more! If you give me your name and number, I’ll enter you in a contest to win an all expense paid date with me! Haha
Her: Haha, great!
Me: Actually, my friends bet me that I couldn’t get your number
Her: Why’d they do that? Well, I like to prove people wrong, so I’ll give it to you.
Me: I don’t know! I said you looked like you were nice
Her: I am nice!
Me: That’s what I thought! Are you fun to talk to also?
Her: Yeah, I’m pretty easy going, unless you piss me off or anything.
Me: Uh-oh, I better watch out, haha! I can’t be like my friend and steal stuff!
Her: Haha, nah, I’m pretty cool. Was he the one that set off the thing, the one that bet you?
Me: Haha, no, that was all of them
Her: What’s your name again?
Me: -----
Her: Ohh, you told me that. I’m sorry!
Me: That’s cool
Her: I’m bad with names
Me: Haha, I am too. If we’re hanging out, you’ll be calling me Tyler and I’ll be calling you Sheri or something
Her: Haha, yeah!
Me: *Entering her number in my phone* So, how do you spell your name now?
Her: _ _ _ _
Me: What’s your number?
Her: ***-****
Me: Cool. I’ll call you sometime!
Her: See ya later!

As of now, I'm not entirely sure where to go with this interaction, and can always use some feedback on the approach.

I have an extra ticket to the Tennessee college football game this weekend, and I am thinking about calling her and asking her to come. Too early? You tell me. I definately need help on where to go with this, although I would love that date idea. Thanks for reading this long post, and for all your support thusfar in my journey, which is obviously just beginning.

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus!!!!!!!!

I'm a stupid, stupid man. I just called. My first time calling a girl. No excuse at all. I blew it like Monica Lewinski.

Her: Hey
Me: Shay?
Her: Yeah
Me: It's ______
Her: Oh, hey!
Me: How's it going?
Her: Oh it's going ok
Me: That's good to hear...
Her: How's it going with you?
Me: It's going good!
Her: Cool!
Me: I've got a question for you here real quick...
Her: Haha...yeah
Me: Are you a football fan
Her: Yeah
Me: A Vols fan?
Her: What? *I guess she couldn't hear me...idfk*
Me: A Tennessee Vols fan?
Her: Oh, yeah
Me: Well, get this. My friend and I usually go to the UT games, and he's going to be gone this weekend...would you like to come with me?
Her: Well...I don't know if i can. I may be going out of town this weekend
Me: Oh really..when?
Her: Maybe Friday night...
Me: Well...call me...or I'll call you later this week and maybe we can work something out
Her: Okay
Me: See ya later
Her: Bye

I had a sh!t load of funny stuff to say, but I forgot it all when I called. I was going to bust on her for saying she was bad with names and then knowing who I am..and tons of other stuff...I get nervous on the phone...I don't use the phone...I should have texted...I shouldn't have been a moron when I called...I am a stupid, stupid man.

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm slightly over my temper tantrum now.

But thanks to my own stupidity, I've blown my shot at a great girl.

I'm still going to get this girl.

BUT

I don't want to do anything rash in the heat of the moment...how should I approach this? Call her back? Text her? Go see her in the store? Make conversation? Suggest a bowling date? Forget the game?

Idk....I'm lost....and not a happy camper

lifesfun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey dont get tunnelvision on this girl theres are a lot more to come if you keep approaching... but I would back off a little you need to build rapport w/ her before asking her to go somewhere, even though you already asked her make a connection with her when you talk dont make it all about getting her but getting to know her and see if she's the type of girl you want to date... but dont go afc on her keep the flirting and c& f if thats not aready built into your personality already

this_dude_55

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway you want a bad story w/ a girl. Here's my experince w/ my first approach. My mother is a travel agent for deaf people. So I got a free trip with her and a group of 40 deaf people. I was this cruise in Alaska last summer after graduating high shcool. Figured if there was ever a time to make a first approach, it would be this time. Approached this HB 8/9, build rapport with her. End up walking around, doing c&f, all is good. Tell her will meet up with her later that night. Couple hours go by, meet up again. Do the whole kino, end up hooking up, go to the balconey in this audiotorium right before this show. Well I have my arm right around this girl and she's all up against me. I'm thinking good s***. Next thing I know, I hear is "Where's your brother?" Was my darling mother. Her entire body was off me and 2 feet away from me in least then a blink of an eye. End up leaving and trying to say that wasn't akward, that was akward at all. Well that ended. Lol. Makes a funny story later, though at the time was hitting my head against the wall.:rolleyes:

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, I'm going to go hit my head against the wall.

Monaco

Don Juan
Reaction score
sandman6991 said:
Jesus!!!!!!!!

I had a sh!t load of funny stuff to say, but I forgot it all when I called. I was going to bust on her for saying she was bad with names and then knowing who I am..and tons of other stuff...I get nervous on the phone...I don't use the phone...I should have texted...I shouldn't have been a moron when I called...I am a stupid, stupid man.
dude, you didn't do too badly at all. imo, generally speaking no one wants to hear pre-rehearsed lines and jokes. its really just awkward for everyone, and smart girls can see it coming from a mile away. but overall I think you should be really happy with how you did, next time instead of putting her on the spot so quickly, you should just chat for a few minutes. ask her open ended questions about her job, her school, her last visit to the gyno (ok, maybe not), etc.. let her have the spotlight for a little and give her the impression you're interested. build some rapport. then pop the question. but whatever, it just takes practise man. after a while, you'll be a lot more natural and the fact that you're willing to put your balls out there and give it a shot means you'll be a pro in no time.