FR: 6/13/09 Mall number close

AznBaySensation

Reaction score
So I was cruising with my buddies at Modesto's Vintage Faire Mall around 6:40 pm when my female friend gets offered to have free makeup done for her. So me and her boyfriend sit down and wait for her. It takes a exorbitant amount of time apparently to have make up put on, we waited for a straight 30 minutes before. In this time though, I strike a conversation with one of cute make-up girls.

A for Attract/Approach

Me: Hey, what color mascra do you think would look good on me?
H: are you messing with me?
Me: No, honestly which color?
H: Well, we only carry one color, black.
Me: O, good that will accentuate the color of my eyes.
H: I think your eyes are brown, not black
Me: all the better, the shadow makes my eyes stand out!
H: (laughs)
Me: whats your name?
H: (Bleep)
Me: I am Yang, Nice to meet you

B for Banter/Buying Temperature

H: Honestly, I thought you were here to hit on me.
Me: O really, is that what guys usually do?
H: Yea, you know, guys walk around, they get bored so they come over and try and hit on me.
But I am glad we're just talking.
me: What if I told you I was hitting on you, would you like that?
H: (laughs)

C for Comfort:

We then chatted for a good 20 minutes, talked about her life as a cosmologist, wants to go to cosmology school and grew up in modesto all her life, and she was only 19.

At this point I am intrigued and she was cute, she had a black shirt on which showed some very nice assets and wore very red lipstick.

In this interaction, I asked her what the different bottles on her counter did, and she demonstrated each one on me, one was an astringent and then a toner, both of which she used to see if my face had dirt on it. We both found out, I had a very clean face, more a surprise to her than me. She shared with me she thought at first that I was hitting on her and was just chatting her up, but she was glad to know we were just talking, not sure what this meant. But as we were about to leave, I went for the number close.

D for Direct Interest

Me: Hey your heading off now?
H: Yea, my shift is over.
Me: Whats your number?
H: Are you serious? Its ............
Me: Okay, bye, nice talking to you.

I didn't know how this would play out, but all throughout the interaction, we were pretty comfortable, sexual, maybe not the most. I thought I was pretty direct.

So that night I txted her to let her know my number.
And the next day, I txted her:

Me: Hey so for you day off, I want to take you to a dinner and moive. I don't know if you've seen UP but I really want to. How does that sound?
H: Sounds so good but I lost my job today gotta find a new one ya know... Besides I don't think my boyfriend would care for it all that much lol. Thank you tho

Now I am wondering, how convient is that she lost her job and suddenly has a boyfriend? I can't remember if I asked her if she had a boyfriend, but I thought I did, now I can't remember. Anyway, I think I definitely learned a few things.

Things I did well:

A, B, C and some of D.

Things I could've done better:

Made sure she didn't have a bf.
To some extent I almost felt like she was playing me, but I can't be sure.

Please comment and discuss.

Yang

EdwardGrey

Reaction score
after you got the # you shoulda waited a couple of days , I think you went to hard and it makes it seem that you dont have any other option at the moment

Trendsetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how old you are but dinner and a movie are a no no on the first date. If you're over 21, just take her to happy hour.

G/L