"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Forgotten Name!

assassin

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2004
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
California
Hey people,

I have a problem and maybe it's happened to you before. I met this girl last Friday night. I was walking down the street and I noticed her crying. At first I just kept going but I remembered all the stuff I have read here in the last few days. Anyways I decided to go back and talk to her. We talked for an hour and I got her smiling. After about an hour it was a "different" kind of smile and I could tell that she was into me. Anyways I got her number and she wen't home. That was 2 days ago. I told her I would call her and I really want to but I forgot her name.

Here's where I have two questions.

1. Could I use this as "I have many girls names to remember and I forgot yours" to propose my self as a challenge or will this go terribly wrong.

and

2. How would I go about calling her without knowing her name...

I don't want to pass this chick by because she was like a 9.5 on my scale. Also if it doesn't work out I am still interested in being friends with her. So it is important that I don't just pass her by.

Any help is greatly appriciated.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

BWSL2

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2002
Messages
356
Reaction score
0
Location
I don't know where I'm coming from
Honesty is the best policy. Be straight with her. Asking her full name might be a good idea-if you think your name is funny, you might say something about that and then ask how hers sounds.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Well, if it's the home phone number and you land on someone else, it's safe to say "May I speak with the lovely teenage girl?"
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
504
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
18
Originally posted by LikRetsam
Well, if it's the home phone number and you land on someone else, it's safe to say "May I speak with the lovely teenage girl?"
What if she has a sister?? To be honest...you fuked up dude. You're either gonna have to straight out ask her for her name or else just not bother...I like the 'ask her for her full name' idea..
 

blienk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
To prevent this from happening in the future, you might want to get in the habit of writing the girl's name down along with her number.
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by BWSL2
Honesty is the best policy. Be straight with her. Asking her full name might be a good idea-if you think your name is funny, you might say something about that and then ask how hers sounds.
PSYCHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do what Metal said.
 

assassin

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2004
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
California
Yea,

I called her, and she wasn't to thrilled that I forgot her name. The convo went great and she made it clear that I should call her again though.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

kevbo

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2002
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
Location
Utah
bigbrent's idea's alright, but don't say you got nervous. obviously, it's good to portray confidence, and that would kinda do the opposite.
 

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
SE England/ York
Yeah, the nervous thing is a big no no. Bad idea, very bad. But the "what's your name?No, I mean your full name" is a godsend. I have an awful memory for names....:eek:
 

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
420
Reaction score
2
Location
Mi
The "what's your name? No, I mean your full name" is definatly a godsend. I meet so many women at the bar and it gets really hard to keep whos who straight. I'lll be using that for sure, thanks guys
 
Top