Forgot to number close after a great connection

happyguy

Banned
Reaction score
Met this girl at dance class, she's been coming regularly once a week this month, and I've been putting the moves on her and juicing her up in class. Smokin body, ok face, terrific mind (so I found out). Anyway, so I finally sort of waited outside after class pretending to be on my cell until she walks out. I casually walk up as if it was coincidence, say hi, start chatting and end up walking her back to her home. It was a truly phenomenal walk-date. She is adorable. umm... the chemistry was so thick that I forgot to get her contact when we got to her house :( I did kiss her goodbye instinctively on the cheek (it is becoming an odd habit, I kissed a girl I hate on the cheek yesterday because I met her on the street and I hadn't seen her in two years).

I feel like a chump now. I noticed Obsidians post below, and I have the same problem. I don't have much experience with number closing. Actually it doesn't occur to me at all to ask for the number in most cases. I really enjoy in-the-moment conversations so much that it doesn't hit me until later that I may not see that person again. I'm gonna have to work on it consciously now.

I got away with a life in this situation because I will most likely see her again next week. Hopefully the waiting will work to my advantage, else I got no one to blame but me. Have to tighten up the game.

ViciousDADogg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Teeze her. As you two about to disconnect and you go your own way, turn around and ask if she had an e-mail. She says yes, take it that she wants to give to you, get a paper and pen out and tell her to write it down for you. As she does, tell her to put her number there too, and don't take no for an answer no matter what. After she's done, look at the number, and go hmmm, is this your REAL number? Be ****y!

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you kissed her on the cheek and she didn't act weird, you can probably #-close safely the next time you see her. You might have to briefly rebuild the rapport first, tho.

granted, I don't kiss girls on the cheek, and most guys here think it's kinda lame. But if it works for you...do whatever, I guess. For all I know you're a crazy frenchman or something.

remember not to get hung up on this girl, however, before she's demonstrated with her ACTIONS that her IL is high. That means giving you the #, not trying to lead the interaction or rejecting date idea, not flaking on the date, and then going out with you repeatedly for a couple months. A connection can seem good, but until you #-close (and ultimately follow through by calling her), it's hard to tell if she's really right for you.