Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Forget the DJ Bible, Book of Pook, etc.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not that there is anything wrong with those materials per se. But before you read anything else, you owe it to yourself to read 48 Laws of Power if you haven't done so already. In fact, it may be the only book you will ever need to read for advice on how to deal with women.

48 Laws of Power is essentially the holy grail of DJ philosophy (even though it's not a book about pickup). It came out a few years before the emergence of the so-called "pick up community" and was heavily borrowed from by Neil Strauss (The Game) and virtually ALL other well-known PUA "gurus". In fact, I would say that about 90% of the stuff you hear from these so-called "gurus" or read on various PUA sites is adapted directly from 48 Laws of Power. Except, it is often adapted rather crudely...either because the person adapting it is less intellectually astute than the original author or because he is intentionally twisting the source material to fit his own objectives (i.e. selling "PUA" junk literature). So you might as well read the source material yourself.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
(i.e. selling "PUA" junk literature). So you might as well read the source material yourself.
Damn dude, you make it sound like you're mad that you come up with idea of conducting seminars, charging guys to come to them, and "selling junk PUA literature," yourself.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maximus Rex said:
Damn dude, you make it sound like you're mad that you come up with idea of conducting seminars, charging guys to come to them, and "selling junk PUA literature," yourself.
Yeah, I'm mad alright. I could have made a lot of money peddling that crap to people like you :D . Unfortunately, it seems like the "seminar bubble" has bursted and not many people are spending their dough on stuff like that these days.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
Yeah, I'm mad alright. I could have made a lot of money peddling that crap to people like you :D . Unfortunately, it seems like the "seminar bubble" has bursted and not many people are spending their dough on stuff like that these days.
I don't see it as crap because the sh*t works for me. I'm sure some in the Mystery Method, isn't applicable to me, but have yet to find out what that something is. I don't blame the theory or tactic, I place on the onus on myself and the my lack of proficiency.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maximus Rex said:
I don't see it as crap because the sh*t works for me. I'm sure some in the Mystery Method, isn't applicable to me, but have yet to find out what that something is. I don't blame the theory or tactic, I place on the onus on myself and the my lack of proficiency.
Have you read 48 Laws of Power? The "Mystery Method" is basically a dumbed down version of several of the laws described in that book.

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
Have you read 48 Laws of Power? The "Mystery Method" is basically a dumbed down version of several of the laws described in that book.
what is the 48 laws of power a dumbed down version of?

just finished reading Plato at the moment and it's pretty profound.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sylvester the cat said:
what is the 48 laws of power a dumbed down version of?

just finished reading Plato at the moment and it's pretty profound.
It's a dumbed down version of a whole bunch of different stuff, including Plato, Sun Tzu, Bismark, Von Clausewitz, Machiavelli, etc. But it's dumbed down in an intelligent way, if that makes sense (which cannot be said of the Mystery Method and similar claptrap).

Lotus Effect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole PUA universe is based on lots and lots of other material.

All of Robert Greene's books (Power, Seduction and Mastery) were used to form the PUA knowledge. Seduction is a great read by the way, and if you read it you see that the PUA persona was created in a way to have all the 9 seductionists characteristics. ALL OF THEM.

Also other great books that have been "referenced" are Influence: The Psychology of persuasion and Pitch Anything.

In fact, since we are talking about books, I can guarantee you all.

THERE IS NO BETTER READ ABOUT FRAME CONTROL THAN PITCH ANYTHING. IT IS A MUST READ!!!!

If I had to recommend some books, those would be my top5, and I highly recommend reading them instead of arguing like 5 years old about the industry. F**k the industry. Focus on yourself!

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
It's a dumbed down version of a whole bunch of different stuff, including Plato, Sun Tzu, Bismark, Von Clausewitz, Machiavelli, etc. But it's dumbed down in an intelligent way, if that makes sense (which cannot be said of the Mystery Method and similar claptrap).
it's all stepping stones, i guess, isn't it? i remember when i got all excited about The Da Vinci Code thinking that a profound experience.