Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Forcing myself to work out, help.

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reading all the self help in the world has lost It's luster and I realize that I am edging on the brink of depression.

I'm tired of the constant mental battles where I am reinforcing my worth.

My lows are not as low but my highs are definitely not as high.

I know deep down exercise alone will greatly improve my outlook on life.

I have a free gym in my apartment.

Please give me, this complete lazy ass noob, some advice so I'm rocking a tight body 2020.

all I know is I'm supposed to lift heavy.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I find that “forcing” myself to do something is not effective.

A more useful frame (IMO) is to convince myself that the task is no big deal. Then I’m much less “resistant” or stubborn/lazy.

The “forcing it” frame only reinforces in your mind that the task is going to difficult/painful/daunting and your “resistance” will go up.

For today, it’s just one workout. Less than an hour of your time. It’s not a big deal. And it won’t be a big deal tomorrow either.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
Reading all the self help in the world has lost It's luster and I realize that I am edging on the brink of depression.

Please give me, this complete lazy ass noob, some advice so I'm rocking a tight body 2020.

nofap, coldshower and sugar,carb free keto diet increases discipline

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nofap, coldshower and sugar,carb free keto diet increases discipline
No fap is over rated, once a week is fine imo...

I can eat clean no problem, It's actually working out when I'm burnt out from work that is the problem.

Cold shower, man choosing discomfort and getting used to it, ok well fine I'll try it. Back in the day you had to go out and kill that buffalo otherwise you were not going to eat.

I could use some more discipline. I go on good streaks then binge.

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that “forcing” myself to do something is not effective.

A more useful frame (IMO) is to convince myself that the task is no big deal. Then I’m much less “resistant” or stubborn/lazy.

The “forcing it” frame only reinforces in your mind that the task is going to difficult/painful/daunting and your “resistance” will go up.

For today, it’s just one workout. Less than an hour of your time. It’s not a big deal. And it won’t be a big deal tomorrow either.
Thanks, this is really helpful.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Have you ever worked out before?
-Augustus-

AbleDad

Don Juan
Reaction score

I've been really successful at building-up a workout routine at home over the last couple of years. It's a mental thing. Here are the two brain hacks that have really helped me:
1) Think of your workout routine as a system. You start with a simple system and then tweak it as you progress. Scott Adams ("
How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life") talks about systems in his books, although I've never taken the time to read them.
2) Mentally, we have a hind-brain (instinctive) and fore-brain (logical thought). It's described as "elephant" and "elephant rider" in this brilliant and funny book "Death by a thousand sluts (part one)" http://www.bodipua.com/my-book/ . The "elephant" always wants to do whatever it wishes and the "elephant rider" must continually nudge the "elephant" toward a better path. The trick is to give your "elephant" short-term incentives (e.g. stepping on the scale to see progress, checking in the mirror, allowing yourself a set number of drinks on the weekend depending upon achievements) instead of long-term dread (your fat, pathetic self will die a horrible early death).

So, a system and short-term incentives. Good luck!

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever worked out before?
-Augustus-
I have in the past and when I was at my "peak" I could do 400 push ups 40 at a time... Now I can barely do like 25.

All I remember was...

I was HUNGRY all the time. My jaw and teeth hurt soo bad from having to eat all the time.

I might need to get my dental work in October before I can sufficiently chew my food well enough to get the calories I need.

I was ALWAYS soar. Even driving and using the steering wheel would cause akes.

I'm not sure if I should just spam pushups.. might be a good way to start.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you were always sore you were overdoing it. What do you mean by "spam" pushups? Just ripping through them as many as possible?

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you were always sore you were overdoing it. What do you mean by "spam" pushups? Just ripping through them as many as possible?
Yes, Pushups and situps = good.

So instead of doing all this research, just go home and start by doing like 100 pushups or something.

I was ALWAYS soar and hungry and got burnt out after a few months.

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a problem I had in the past was I would do pushups and stuff but my heart rate was never too high for too long.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a problem I had in the past was I would do pushups and stuff but my heart rate was never too high for too long.
For boosting your heart rate, do cardio.

Pushups are tough, man. I lift weights, but still struggle with pushups on the rare occasion I do them. Not discouraging you, I salute you. Are you giving yourself 48 hours' rest?

Anyway, it shouldn't be a chore or something you rush through. I've learned to focus on every exertion. Sometimes I just want to wrap things up, especially my last few sets, but I slow down and think about the muscle being worked.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a copy of the book: Bigger Leaner Stronger. All you need to know from diet to exercise is in there and it's legit and no-nonsense.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nofap is dire, only REAL pvssy man if you can help it, get a bosu ball...about $100

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For boosting your heart rate, do cardio.

Pushups are tough, man. I lift weights, but still struggle with pushups on the rare occasion I do them. Not discouraging you, I salute you. Are you giving yourself 48 hours' rest?

Anyway, it shouldn't be a chore or something you rush through. I've learned to focus on every exertion. Sometimes I just want to wrap things up, especially my last few sets, but I slow down and think about the muscle being worked.

When I was doing the pushups binge it was every day for like 5 months before I burnt out.

Was tired of being hungry and soar. I had to spend like an hour every day just chewing food.

But I do remember feeling great and people noticing.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Compound movements

Barbell squats
Barbell deadlifts
Barbell bench press
Barbell rows
Overhesd barbell press
Pullups
Chinups
Dips

Those are my favorites

For cardio do interval cardio
Some options are:
Exercise bike
Swimming
Sprints
Battle ropes

I do not like treadmills. Kiss your knees goodbye if you overtrain on a treadmill

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You don’t have to read the whole thing, just points 1, 2, 3, and 10

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start slowly lifting weights. Could be 15 minutes 2 times a week for a month. Then 15 minutes 4 times every week.

Eat well; cutting sugary processed foods replaces with whole foods that are nutritionally dense.

Do things you enjoy for staying in shape - walls, bike rides, hikes, etc.

You don’t need to become ripped and lean in 4 months. Just do what makes you feel attractive while hopefully yielding you some incremental muscle growth and burning of fat.

I only workout 3 times a week for 50 minutes - comprised of compound lifts and some isolation for smaller muscles. And I do intervals running in the woods for about one hour twice a week. My body is excellent and best of all I’m not drained or dreading workouts.
Have to find what works for you, but the only way to do that is to first do.

You’re not stuck because of low energy after work. You’re stuck because you don’t know what you want or why. Figure those out and everything else will be easy to do, because when we have a target our brain will show solutions.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm making a smoothie of rainbow chard, apple cider vinegar, granny smith apple, cucumber, celery, kale, carrots right now, had one last night too, I have to work tomorrow btw Saturday's not my off day for a while now. My smoothies are kinda disgusting and hard to down takes a whole hour for a whole pitcher. The fruit ones are pretty good though. It's how I get my veggies though. It's a discipline. Pulp is what makes it kinda gross, but I think you gotta down the pulp too.