Force myself to eat?

Reaction score
Just got back from the gym...

Had a great workout and am def. pumped. I had 3 pieces of chicken from el pollo loco w/ some beans. Question is, should I force myself to eat more right now? I know protein is king when it comes to building muscle mass, and there is some chicken breast in the fridge right now...but Im not really hungry--Should u ever force yourself to eat??

Also...Any other suggestions as to anything else other than protein that I could add to my diet that would help with building my muscle mass?

Thanks.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ideally, you'd have 6 meals a day distributed evenly throughout your day.

If you're counting calories, and you know that you're eating the right amounts of proper foods, then YES, make yourself eat, even when you're not hungry.

In fact, I have certain meals that I eat that will MAKE me hungry when I'm done eating them. It's the damndest thing. I won't be hungry, I'll eat, and then I'm hungry as soon as I'm done eating.

line_in_the_sand

Don Juan
Reaction score
For a lot of people, force feeding is the only option if they want to gain muscle.

The best appetite tip I can give you is to go for a 30-45 minute brisk walk in the morning before breakfast (get a small protein shake in first). This will make you so hungry during the rest of the day you won't believe it.

Side note: Isn't it funny that the solution for people who can't eat enough is to have them do morning cardio? Because it IS the solution, trust me. :D

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ya ist not just protein, you need to get enough calories overall to grow, that includes carbs and fats.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me, carbs don't do much for me when it comes to hunger. If I eat a meal of pasta, I'm hungry again an hour later. You might want to try eating carbs before having protien. At least that's what works for me.

VSTbeserk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Had a great workout and am def. pumped. I had 3 pieces of chicken from el pollo loco w/ some beans. Question is, should I force myself to eat more right now?
might want to change that after today...... you want fast absorbing protien after your workouts like Whey

Reaction score
Desdinova said:
For me, carbs don't do much for me when it comes to hunger. If I eat a meal of pasta, I'm hungry again an hour later. You might want to try eating carbs before having protien. At least that's what works for me.
Oh snap. I hope Warboss doesn't see this. (I often eat carbs first too)

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social_disturbance said:
Had a great workout and am def. pumped.
Ok that's two threads in a row where people are talking about a pump. What does getting a pump have to do with anything?

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Ok that's two threads in a row where people are talking about a pump. What does getting a pump have to do with anything?
i don't think he means feeling a pump in his muscles.

i get pumped after working out.
hell, when i get done doing squats, i want to just take off running and go juggernaut right through a wall or something. :)
feels good!

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reyalp said:
i don't think he means feeling a pump in his muscles.

i get pumped after working out.
hell, when i get done doing squats, i want to just take off running and go juggernaut right through a wall or something. :)
feels good!
oh i want to collapse on the floor in fetal position.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
oh i want to collapse on the floor in fetal position.
Fetal position is too much effort. I just collapse...and then bite the heads off of a few cats.