For you HS Seniors: What college are you going to?

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your brother was probably a nerd, and they get enough nerds. They want people with personality.

clix

Don Juan
Reaction score
BobTheB said:
I'm off to University of California at Santa Barbara. UCSB woot woot.
My sister goes there and I have only one piece of advice for you. Build up your tolerance to alcohol. She told me that at all times she is under one of three drugs: alcohol, weed, or aderol whenever she needs to study for finals. Party animal with great grades too.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll revive this thread for this semester.
Accepted: Virginia Tech, James Madison(formerly #1 for STDs and #16 beer consumption,#3 hottest girls), Mary Washington, Shenandoah University(they told me in person they would if I just sent the money, so I told them to fvckoff), Stanford and Dartmouth (for the last 2, I just wrote them an essay on why I thought the Thick-glasses and pocket-protectors look went out of style due to the media).
I choose VT.

MCristo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Colin O'Brien said:
New York University! football scholarship
NYU doesn't have football anymore...

Reaction score
I wonder if you guys could help me out. I am considering 3 colleges at the moment and I like each one for different reasons:

1. LeMoyne
2. SUNY Cortland
3. SUNY Brockport

I am not as smart as you guys as the sound of all you guys are going to top schools. I am from a small school of 800 ppl but we are considered pretty big amongst the area. How should I go about making my decision. I wanna major in education.

Lemoyne is a small school about 3,000 ppl and is a religious type of school. A lot of parties and stuff, being it located in Syracuse. Probably the best school, but also the most expensive out of my choices.

Cortland is a huge party school and they have a rivalry with another team which makes it more exciting. About 5,000 ppl in this school. Its a big party school and known for its PE majors.

Brockport has a nice campus and is also known for its PE majors. it has about 5500 ppl and has a flat campus, unlike Cortland.

I don't know how I consider my choices, but I would say LeMoyne is the best one based on education and the closest, Cortland is the most fun but cheapest. Any help fellas?

defiancy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a UCLA reject damn. Got into USC (So-cal), UCSD, UCI, UCSB. So everywhere I applied to, but LA. I'm going to USC for business/accounting. I'm pretty surprised that insanely smart people exist here.

Don't you guys feel that taking all these AP/IB classes took a toll on your DJing? I felt like sh*t everyday from my lack of sleep. I'm hoping college to be a fresh start for me since high school DJing wasn't that great for me.

Precursor

Don Juan
Reaction score
defiancy said:
I'm a UCLA reject damn. Got into USC (So-cal), UCSD, UCI, UCSB. So everywhere I applied to, but LA. I'm going to USC for business/accounting. I'm pretty surprised that insanely smart people exist here.

Don't you guys feel that taking all these AP/IB classes took a toll on your DJing? I felt like sh*t everyday from my lack of sleep. I'm hoping college to be a fresh start for me since high school DJing wasn't that great for me.

Hey dude. I"m also a UCLA reject. I also got middle fingered by Berkeley.

BUt i got into all the other UC's. I'm heading to UC San Diego!! I know how you feel !! The stats people get in my school are ridiculous. I am a high rank and i work my ass off, and still did not get into Cal or UCLA!!!

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Accepted: Florida State University, University of Central Florida, Nova Southeastern University, Spring Hill College, St. John's University
Rejected: University of Florida
Going: Florida State NOLES BABY!!!

Bladerunner

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a cool thread; hadn't seen it before.

Headed off to UCLA in about a month. Can't wait for the fresh start!

How about everyone else?

Kevansta

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to start applying soon...

Applying to: USC (1st choice), Stanford, Northwestern, U of Chicago, Duke, U of Wisconsin - Madison, U of Minnesota - Twin Cities

Stats:
ACT Composite: 35 (33 E, 35 M, 34 R, 36 S)
AP Testing: 5 - Calculus BC, 4 - World History, US History, Statistics, English Language and Comp., 3 - Biology
PSAT: 97% percentile, National Merit Commended
GPA: 3.95 Unweighted
Taking Differential Equations at a local college next year

Football - 2 years, varsity letter
Track - 4 years
Cross Country - 1 year

Marching/Pep/Concert Band - 3 years
Math Team - 4 years
National Honor Society - 2 years
Worked this summer at a grocery store
JDRF Juvenile Diabetes Walk Volunteer - 2 years
Special Olympics Volunteer - 1 year
Oktoberfest Volunteer - 2 years
Football Youth Camp Volunteer - 1 year
VP of Junior Achievement company

Piano - 11 years, made it to state several times, other awards

I'm leaning towards going to USC, should I get in, for several reasons. Most importantly to me, it's on the West Coast, with a great campus and the SoCal vibe. Its also a pretty good academic school, and has D1 college athletics. The campus life at Southern Cal seems like it would be far better than all of the 15 schools. And frankly, I don't think I have much a shot at top 15 schools to begin with. I'm asian, which by everything I see, is a pretty major disadvantage.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
Kevansta said:
I'm gonna have to start applying soon...

Applying to: USC (1st choice), Stanford, Northwestern, U of Chicago, Duke, U of Wisconsin - Madison, U of Minnesota - Twin Cities

Stats:
ACT Composite: 35 (33 E, 35 M, 34 R, 36 S)
AP Testing: 5 - Calculus BC, 4 - World History, US History, Statistics, English Language and Comp., 3 - Biology
PSAT: 97% percentile, National Merit Commended
GPA: 3.95 Unweighted
Taking Differential Equations at a local college next year

Football - 2 years, varsity letter
Track - 4 years
Cross Country - 1 year

Marching/Pep/Concert Band - 3 years
Math Team - 4 years
National Honor Society - 2 years
Worked this summer at a grocery store
JDRF Juvenile Diabetes Walk Volunteer - 2 years
Special Olympics Volunteer - 1 year
Oktoberfest Volunteer - 2 years
Football Youth Camp Volunteer - 1 year
VP of Junior Achievement company

Piano - 11 years, made it to state several times, other awards

I'm leaning towards going to USC, should I get in, for several reasons. Most importantly to me, it's on the West Coast, with a great campus and the SoCal vibe. Its also a pretty good academic school, and has D1 college athletics. The campus life at Southern Cal seems like it would be far better than all of the 15 schools. And frankly, I don't think I have much a shot at top 15 schools to begin with. I'm asian, which by everything I see, is a pretty major disadvantage.
DAMN. We GET the point man, you're fwcking smart...lol just messin. I think you definitely have a shot at USC. That'd be fwckin sick.