"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

For you guys who still live at home.....

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
267
Reaction score
3
My shameful living at home story

Well, I'm 34 and live at home. But hold on....

I moved out as soon as I graduated (at 25 with a grad degree). I lived with a pshycho crazy b1tch for 5 years, spent a lot of money, and broke up with her b1tch manic-depressive ass as soon as I turned 30. Stayed alone for a few months and discovered I didn't like it. So, I moved *back* home. My parents are ethnics from E.Euro and in this culture, it is *normal* and *expected* to live at home. (For Dietzcoi questioning why the parents allow this).

Long story short: thanks to this site (and the internet), I'm pretty succesfull with the ladies. (They *must* have their own pad of course).

And, from living at home for the last several years, saving and making reasonable $$$, I'm looking at buying a pretty nice/average house here with cash. Nothing but the green!

Take *that* m'fvckers !
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
267
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by dietzcoi
Good for you, AverageFC

These other guys could learn but spend too much time defending themselves

The ones who pay rent, good. The ones who just take, take, take from their parents... shame on you

Why do you think your parents still have to cook, clean and do chores for you when you are 23+?

Where did you get this entitlement mentality from?

Dietzcoi
At the risk of fanning ethnic hatred :), I chalk that up to a typical American attitude.

Remember, the wheel turns, and when parents aren't able, it's up to me to take care of *them*.
 

No Escape

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
174
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Re: My shameful living at home story

Originally posted by stevera004
Well, I'm 34 and live at home. But hold on....

I moved out as soon as I graduated (at 25 with a grad degree). I lived with a pshycho crazy b1tch for 5 years, spent a lot of money, and broke up with her b1tch manic-depressive ass as soon as I turned 30. Stayed alone for a few months and discovered I didn't like it. So, I moved *back* home. My parents are ethnics from E.Euro and in this culture, it is *normal* and *expected* to live at home. (For Dietzcoi questioning why the parents allow this).

Long story short: thanks to this site (and the internet), I'm pretty succesfull with the ladies. (They *must* have their own pad of course).

And, from living at home for the last several years, saving and making reasonable $$$, I'm looking at buying a pretty nice/average house here with cash. Nothing but the green!

Take *that* m'fvckers !
Yes, in European culture it's perfectly fine to live with your parents. I have cousins in Italy, both in their 30's, who are/were living with their parents.

Also, most of the people i know who are my age, are still living with their parents. They include people who i graduated high school with, friends, and just people i run into.
 

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 24, 2003
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
8
Location
Germany
Well guys, that is fine to say for now but I will bet $10,000 you will NOT want to tkae care of your old, infirm, and troublesome parents when they are very old. I know plenty of people who had their old parents move in with them... never works out well. Maybe it IS a western cultural thing, I don't know. I just know it is a bad idea in my culture... and the world is more and more adopting the "western" culture, whether you like it or not.

All bad ideas... I stick to my opinions: kids need to gain independence and do not need to be burdened with old parents. Parents should kick the kids out, save their money, and provide for themselves when old.

Dietzcoi
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
944
Reaction score
1
Age
41
I live with my grandparents...
 

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2003
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
27
WELL MUTHAFUKKA, YOU DONT LIVE IN EUROPE, DO YOU?

What kind of a fool comes up with excuse from another country?!?


Well..in africa they eat their parents and live in their house...:rolleyes:


To be totally honest, i wasnt sure why i went to college, but i narrowed it down to buisness managment. i am not necessarily looking for sitting in the office, im feeling like opening a night club or doing something major like that.


And about taking care of your parents... well.. ok, this is a little touchy. I am willing to buy my mom a corvette.. but when she is too old to remember who the hell i am , i dont think i wanna spend money just so she lives another day wondering who the hell she is... i know it sounds immoral, but i believe when your mind is dead, your body is dead.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by Broham
...I agree with Francisco and others who have mentioned the fact that alot of ppl have the degree but don't know what to do with it. I would say that's only part of the problem for most ppl. Alot of grads just don't have the experience needed for the positions they are interviewing for.
I was successful because I decided what I wanted to do while I was still in high school By the time I graduated and made it to college I had already been working part time in my field for two years.

Since I got married while still in college I had to make more money to help support the family so I took a second job. It also helped me pay for school while I was attending.

When I graduated college I got a better paying job since I already had almost six years of experience. I moved my family into a nice house and I paid off my school loans in a couple of years.

To tell you the truth it wasn't difficult at all. It was hard work but still, you need to put in the work if you want to get anything out of it. This is why I always say that you need to live life purposely. Without a specific purpose or direction, how would one expect to achieve any goals, they don't exist.
 
Top