"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

For those who have been in love and/or who are in love

sbsurfer

New Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2003
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
maybe some of you can help me here...

Before i continue, let me just say that I've always been able to pull hot girls; i'm good looking, athletic, 5'10, get great grades and go to one of the top ivy leagues in the country, etc, - I say this modestly just to give you an idea of what i'm all about


Here's the deal - I'm a freshman in college and i've been going out with this girl for 6 months. We both go to elite colleges (though differnet ones), and this isn't just any girl, mind you. She's a model for a high-end clothing company (which I won't name), and is just as smart, outgoing, and fun to be with as she is beautiful; it's no surprise that I'm head-over-heels for her.


But every cloud has a silver lining, right? This one has more than one, so read on if you're interested. I'd appreciate any feedback you can give me.

Recently, we have been saying 'I love you" to each other, and I trust that she means what she says because her actions prove it. She has come up to my school 2 out of the last 4 weekends to stay with me, and we've had a blast.

But what makes me a little sketched is that she parties and drinks a lot at the frats at her school every weekend she's there. So, you can imagine that EVERY SINGLE FRAT GUY at her school is hitting on her because she is, without a doubt, one of the hottest freshman at her school. And of course lots of them have tried to hook up wih her. She promises she hasn't hooked up any of them, and I believe her.

However, she is also constantly surrounded by celebrities at her job - let's just say some high-profile movie and rock stars whose names you would recognize.

I love her to death, but I can't be around her as much as I'd like because of our respective college situations. She says that she feels the same way about me, but I have to believe that her new lifestyle may have eventually have an effect on her, even if she doesn't know it.

Surely, when frat boys, rock stars, and movie stars are constantly hitting on you girlfriend, you've got something to worry about.

So what do I do? I'm starting to get jealous, but I'm not the type to act like an immature, jealous *******. I realize she has a life of her own and I give her that space, as I need mine.

But is it better to love and lose eventually, or to break up before your heart gets broken?

Thanks guys.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
475
Reaction score
1
Location
In your head
What the hey???

You've just served yourself up a big smelly pile of self defeating attitude! Be a man, you are her rock. Get those insecurities out of your head, if anything she should be the one that needs the reassurances from you.

She hasn't done anything wrong! Don't pull the plug yet, enjoy every memorable moment with her. Life is too short for regrets, if you don't try you'll gonna have to live with what ifs?

At least if you are insecure, don't act like it in front of her. The more you expect to fail the more you will fail (and act like a wussy)

Man I feel like Tony Robbins.....
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Trust, learn to use it.
 

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
11,680
Reaction score
4,874
So what do I do? I'm starting to get jealous,
Well, all I can tell you is she'll make her choice. Let her make her choice. If she continues to stay with you, then that's her choice. If she decides to ditch or cheat on you with someone else, then she's a b1tch and she can have her choice.

There's nothing you can do to control this. Just remember, if she fvcks up, you move on. Unless that happens, give her some credit and trust. Trust her until she fvcks up.
 
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by sbsurfer
maybe some of you can help me here...

Before i continue, let me just say that I've always been able to pull hot girls; i'm good looking, athletic, 5'10, get great grades and go to one of the top ivy leagues in the country, etc, - I say this modestly just to give you an idea of what i'm all about


Here's the deal - I'm a freshman in college and i've been going out with this girl for 6 months. We both go to elite colleges (though differnet ones), and this isn't just any girl, mind you. She's a model for a high-end clothing company (which I won't name), and is just as smart, outgoing, and fun to be with as she is beautiful; it's no surprise that I'm head-over-heels for her.


But every cloud has a silver lining, right? This one has more than one, so read on if you're interested. I'd appreciate any feedback you can give me.

Recently, we have been saying 'I love you" to each other, and I trust that she means what she says because her actions prove it. She has come up to my school 2 out of the last 4 weekends to stay with me, and we've had a blast.

But what makes me a little sketched is that she parties and drinks a lot at the frats at her school every weekend she's there. So, you can imagine that EVERY SINGLE FRAT GUY at her school is hitting on her because she is, without a doubt, one of the hottest freshman at her school. And of course lots of them have tried to hook up wih her. She promises she hasn't hooked up any of them, and I believe her.

However, she is also constantly surrounded by celebrities at her job - let's just say some high-profile movie and rock stars whose names you would recognize.

I love her to death, but I can't be around her as much as I'd like because of our respective college situations. She says that she feels the same way about me, but I have to believe that her new lifestyle may have eventually have an effect on her, even if she doesn't know it.

Surely, when frat boys, rock stars, and movie stars are constantly hitting on you girlfriend, you've got something to worry about.

So what do I do? I'm starting to get jealous, but I'm not the type to act like an immature, jealous *******. I realize she has a life of her own and I give her that space, as I need mine.

But is it better to love and lose eventually, or to break up before your heart gets broken?

Thanks guys.
this is quite obviously a self-esteem issue, as long as ur ****ing her in conjunction with the hanging out and the i love you's you got nothing to worry about, if ur not ****ing her then u either get to ****ing her or just get rid of her.


why i mentioned ****ing is if ur just making out n hanging out n holding each other n ****, then ur being used, but if ur ****ing then she obviously does want u and doesnt care about the superficial celebrities and the drunk ass frat boys.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

sbsurfer

New Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2003
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
thanks a lot for the responses; they are very helpful.

It's not that I have low self-esteem...sometimes I'm too ****y; I should say this, but this girl is my weakness. I may be too crazy about her for my own good.

Of course, I'm no idiot, and I project an image of balanced confidence and ****iness. All of what I have articulated is internal.

I'll go with with all of you have said and enjoy every moment of it.


Huge_guy_pimpin - I am f*cking her, which is definitely a good thing ;)
 
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by sbsurfer
thanks a lot for the responses; they are very helpful.

It's not that I have low self-esteem...sometimes I'm too ****y; I should say this, but this girl is my weakness. I may be too crazy about her for my own good.

Of course, I'm no idiot, and I project an image of balanced confidence and ****iness. All of what I have articulated is internal.

I'll go with with all of you have said and enjoy every moment of it.


Huge_guy_pimpin - I am f*cking her, which is definitely a good thing ;)
if ur ****ing her then u tottally gotta stop being paranoid cause u got her and ur obviously more interesting than the boring ass celebrities she sees every day, and the drunken idiots that say shes hot every night.
 

Slash

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Age
45
There was this Girl... was my classmate she was a real LTR Material I was an AFC .. my first crush...passed out of highschool she went off to college.. we meet up accidentaly and keep in touch.. she got her degree... I dropped out of college pursued my dream to be a muscician.. she admired it... she came out of college.. and earns thrice as me.. Doesnt matter... Im getting a bit of success.. I get intimidated by hers.. can I keep it up? I try harder to fit into her reality... she senses it.. becomes a lil distant.. I become needy and insecure... I get LJBFed...

Then starts my Journey to Be a DJ...

Total Detachment is the mantra... follow your dream.. womyn are meant to be accessories.. Be prepared to walk away.. that is the key.. theres no girl as the One.. You have a gift of her love.. your independence and carefree attitude will just reel her in... Love her but Dont *Need* her... Live in the moment I cant stress it enough... who has seen tomorrow.. have fun with her like theres no tommorrow...she will your slave for life..
 

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
475
Reaction score
1
Location
In your head
Total Detachment is the mantra... follow your dream.. womyn are meant to be accessories.. Be prepared to walk away.. that is the key.. theres no girl as the One.. You have a gift of her love.. your independence and carefree attitude will just reel her in... Love her but Dont *Need* her... Live in the moment I cant stress it enough... who has seen tomorrow.. have fun with her like theres no tommorrow...she will your slave for life..
Beautiful Philosophy!

I'd almost think you were plagiarising my thoughts

:cool:
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Rogerman

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Excellent post there Slash, I was having similar drama as this guy is having... all I needed to settle me down was your last paragraph :)


Masterpiece..
 

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
27

englishman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
647
Reaction score
33
Location
amerika
Hi sbsurfer, sounds like youve got a hot one but just how desirable a women to go for is something ive thought about a lot, In the past (im a bit of an old guy) Ive had really hot women and It always turned into a pain in the ass... theres always someone hitting on them, they have tons of choices and it was hard work..always being constantly vigilant..also they were like your girl and liked to party..I wasnt jealous and cut them a lot of slack..but good looking girls who like to party are hard to hang on to..... In the end Ive come to the conclusion that Im better off with one thats not a 10 to me but a 7 or 8 and prefferebly one who doesnt have high/high confidence but maybe medium or medium/high confidence.. that way if things go pear shaped Id be pissed off but not devastated......and they are gratefull for the guy theyve got.......best of luck........
 

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 14, 2001
Messages
8,256
Reaction score
236
Age
49
Location
at our house
trust = the art of not imagining your gf making out with other dudes when you are not around.

you have to have trust or its not going to work.

instead of what you are doing... imagine that she is treating you with respect in your absence and in your presence.

if you find out she is not... then she is not worthy. until then, dont freak out!
 

sbsurfer

New Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2003
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
this feedback has altered my mindset for the better; thanks so much for the responses!
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top