Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

For God's sake, stop posing!

Volatile Spot

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of posts that you guys make about style etc. and it seems most of you are POSING CLOWNS.

Develop your own style, there are more stores than the American Eagle and Abercrombie and Fitch stores!

I'm a very plain guy myself, but I get noticed because i'm different. I go for conventional. If you're going for your standard moronic brain washed preppy girl than go ahead and waste your money on $30 trendy tee-shirts from Abercrombie (that are NOT witty or funny). Otherwise you have to shop around. Try outlets that are more for adults, and try department stores in your mall (like Hechts). When you see something you like, BUY it. Don't listen to sales assistants as far as what they think would look good on you. BOYCOTT PRE-FADED JEANS. Jesus Christ, they DO NOT LOOK GOOD.

Shoes: I wear a pair of Mountain Creek suade loafers. **** you. My shoes before these were a pair of Reebok Classics. I start trends. I do not conform to your standards. This weekend I think i'll pick up some very dark brown leather shoes (forgot what the style is called).

Jewelry: There's a watch I plan on getting if I see it again, I didn't get it the first time I saw it because I was Christmas shopping and couldn't buy anything for myself. It has a plain white facing with black analog hands/numbering, black metal casing and a high quality black leather band. I like gold if it's gold, but not with a silver mix. Unless it's a REALLY nice watch a gold/silver mix it will just cheapen your look and besides you can't wear a REALLY nice watch to school anyway without looking stupid. Large watches, especially anything that flashes. and digital are a bad idea. Premise: THEY WERE MADE FOR PPL WHO CANT TELL TIME.

Don't overdue the necklaces/rings/chains because they look stupid.

The one thing that I do agree with is that you should have something that is individual to you. I have my leather jacket (REAL leather jacket that i've had for a while, since before those cheesy .1 inch thick black poser jackets that are popular now came out). It looks sort of rough and rugged, and it is. It's no Vanson but it's still nice. That doesn't work for everything though since I don't keep it with me during the day. I have my lanyard that I wear around my neck. You can put it in your pocket and hang the loop out, but that's getting popular now (**** I think I started that trend in my school) and it's impractical (snagging and easy to steal). Point is to find something.

So in summation -

1) This is IMHO.

2) This is a guide with examples on how to make your OWN style.

3) Look in MANY stores, don't restrict yourself to whatever trend is in style at the time.

4) Boycott pre-faded jeans. If only you guys had taken my advice (or had known me at the time...) maybe you wouldn't be saying 'God I looked stupid in Jncos' now...

5) Don't wear cheap jewelry (quality/look, price does not reflect quality). Don't wear too much jewlery.

6) Get a personality item.

7) STOP POSING. If you wouldn't have spent $30 on a thin, cheap, polyester tee-shirt that said 'fish tacos' on it 5 years ago than why would you wear it now?

Roots

Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't have to buy cheap funny T-Shirts to make your own style man. I buy expensive clothing like PhatFarm, RocaWear, Karl Kani, etc... The thing is with buying those types of clothes, sure it may cost $90 for a shirt, but it shows what you can afford. If I make the money that I do, and I can afford to buy expensive sh*t, Ill do it. You can make your own stule like that with expensive clothes, cuz just cuz u buy em, don't mean that you gotta wear them the way that the 504boyz wear them in their rap videos. Just choose what you like, what goes together, and you look stylish, as well as expensive. That gives you a hell of an edge over the people that buy cheap stuff and make styles out of it. Again, it depends on how much you make.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm personally a mix-and-match type of guy, but there are a few things I always wear: a nice silver chain with my school ring on it (I don't like wearing a ring all the time), my watch, and I almost always wear my black Polo Sport loafers.

Other than that, I mix styles. I wear t-shirts, short-sleeved button-up shirts, football jersey's and polos, both expensive and cheap. For pants I prefer dressier pants, but I mix those with nice cargo's too. I don't wear jeans when I'm not working, either. (I work summers as a construction worker) When I go outside I wear a 500$ black leather jacket or a big sporty weather coat with little flags on both shoulders, depending on what I have to do and how cold it is.

It's all about looking comfortable in what you're wearing. I've been voted the 4th best-dressed guy among seniors --although I was pretty far from the top-- so I guess it looks good. You also have to dress for your personality. I'm more a classy guy so I dress classy. Most people at school dress as punks or plain, although there's some "s!ut" type and rap type people, so classier clothes catch the eye.

Anyway, I think people dress too much alike, probably because they're afraid of change and being laughed at.

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
omg you are definitely correct on those reebok classics. Wow, when I tried em on, I knew they were destined for me. Perfect for b-boying and popping in, and oh so comfortable too. Hellz yeah.

And yeah, why would someone want to buy prefaded jeans? Just the basic premise of prefaded jeans confounds me. WHY!? Deep indigo is the way to go baby!

There was another post on this just a short while ago, so I won't go into much detail on my style. I'm a mix, I can go whatever I feel like for that day.

stylespee

Don Juan
Reaction score
My opinion on all this is that people should just dress how they wanna dress. I wear Abercrombie and American Eagle all the time. So what? They have nice **** there, I like dressin up and in my opinion those 2 are the places to go without goin overboard.

I would never wear all this ROCAWEAR and PUREPLAYA garbage, but thats not to take away from others that wear it. My point is, if your wearing what you like then you arent posing. Your presenting yourself in the way that you want to.

xanderbaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is my opinion, don't get offended or flame me, for I will not reply to your flame. This is written solely out of experience, and being voted "Best-Dressed" for two years in a row now, I think I have seniority on this matter.

1. Pre-faded jeans are a lame excuse for a way to throw away your money. Buy them new and wear them until they fade if you like the look.
2. **** you. I'm gonna keep my Armani shirts, my Gucci shoes and my Hugo Boss suit. You know why? Because I look good in those clothes, and I payed for every single item with my own money.
3. Accessories: A nice watch and a nice wallet are a must. They simply are, so buy yourself a nice leather wallet (Tommy Hilfiger makes good wallets, Kenneth Cole as well), and a nice watch. Kenneth Cole has nice watches, too, but my personal favorite would be Seiko. Depending on your style, go either with a black leather or silver band on your watch. Why? Because silver and black match with any other color.
4. Personality item: To some, it's a piece of jewelry, to others it's a piece of clothing. Think of it as your mojo. My mojo's my peacoat. It's made of cashmere, and it's dark blue (black is the color of choice but sometimes navy blue can show that you have style). I don't wear it at times and all the girls ask me what happened to the coat. :D
5. You can buy great clothes at department stores/outlets. **** the tag on it, and like VS said, don't listen to the ******* assistants trying to 'give you advice'. You should know what looks good on you, so you make the calls. Check out outlet malls for really low prices on brand names.
6. When it comes to brand names, if in doubt, go Italian. Armani, Gucci, Versace are excellent choices because a) you show class with wearing their clothes, b) their clothes won't make you look ridiculous with lame prints like A&F et al, and c) the overall quality of their product is much, much greater.
7. Check out European fashion sites. (Can't think of any right now... Try on google.com) What's fashionable in Europe will eventually swing our way (in a year or so), so why not be a trendsetter? :)
Any questions?

stylespee

Don Juan
Reaction score
xanderbaz .. that sounds like a good style to me only i might not wanna dress like that to school on a regular day. I don't disagree with you at all though... what u posted sounds cool.

To each his own though, **** it, wear what you wanna.

Reaction score
lmao I swear to God pre-faded jeans have been here for like over a year now and they aint goin out yet...so what's everyones prob with them?

They're endorsed by a helluva lot of labels and are basically one of the most fashionable items of clothing around today. I don't know about you yanks, who seem to think of everything like that as "gay" or whatnot, but like xander said check out european fashion cause thats some good stuff!

And by the looks of things the whole cordial style is coming in. So if you're lookin for sumthin new and trendy by a pair of cordial jeans or a jacket or sumthin like that. Unless its too "gay" for you.

lil devun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reebok classics!?! suede loafers!?! man this guy is original!!!

shut up. you are pissed off because you found outt hat other people dress like you, and you want to be original. you're *****ing that people need to make theyre own style, yet you are saying they cant wear too much jewlery.. oh that makes sense.. wait it doesnt!

xanderbaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by stylespee
...That sounds like a good style to me only i might not wanna dress like that to school on a regular day. I don't disagree with you at all though... what u posted sounds cool.
Well, the brands I mentioned are well-known for dressy clothes, but believe it or not, they make casual clothes as well. For example, Armani has a casual line for North American market called "Armani Exchange" or A|X for short... Comparable to "Tommy Jeans", but way better in quality. I happen to own a few items and they are exquisite.
Any other questions?

Volatile Spot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes it does.

that people need to make theyre own style, yet you are saying they cant wear too much jewlery.. oh that makes sense.. wait it doesnt!
For someone who knows so much about trends and originality you sure don't know much about how silly excess jewelry is. First of all, welcome to the 70's and to a lesser extent the 80's. All I can think of are washed up 'musicians' and filthy hippys. It doesn't look good, or stylish. Also remember that this is all IHMO, and that the original post wasn't too organized.

lmao I swear to God pre-faded jeans have been here for like over a year now and they aint goin out yet...so what's everyones prob with them?

They're ugly and stupid. You never said that YOU thought they looked good, just that they were 'in'. They're in because people like you think that it's the TRENDY thing to have, regardless of anything else.

2. **** you. I'm gonna keep my Armani shirts, my Gucci shoes and my Hugo Boss suit. You know why? Because I look good in those clothes, and I payed for every single item with my own money.
Good for you, although that's a little extreme for highschool. A Suit? A quality designer makes styles, and lesser brands imitate. I'm mostly Sicilian, so naturally I like Italian ;)

3. Accessories: A nice watch and a nice wallet are a must.
Wallet? Not really. I have an off-brand leather wallet that I like just fine. My favorite wallet was one that I had for about 6 years until I gave it to my brother. I might like a moneyclip if I could find a copper one ^ _^

b) their clothes won't make you look ridiculous with lame prints like A&F et al, and c) the overall quality of their product is much, much greater.
I totally agree. The prints on the A&F tee shirts ARE NOT FUNNY OR WITTY AND DON'T LOOK GOOD. BOYCOTT THEM. Also, A&F has by far the LOWEST quality clothes out of all the name brands that i'm familiar with.

I wear Abercrombie and American Eagle all the time. So what? They have nice **** there,
That's just it, THEY DON'T. Aeropostale has some nice shirts, and that's it. NOTHING ELSE. It's cheaply made, generally ugly crap. And we all know how much Americans love crap, as seen in American beer, food, etc.

My point is, if your wearing what you like then you arent posing. Your presenting yourself in the way that you want to.
Yes, you are posing. You are posing as someone more popular than you in your school. You will never be him, but maybe if you stopped being a closed-minded moronic ****tard you can have some people that want to be like YOU. This isn't for EVERYONE, keep in mind. Just the majority of people in MY school that i've observed that wear a pair of prefaded jeans or a pair of pre-ripped tan cargos to school with an abercrombie or american eagle (or one of the others) tee shirt EVERY SINGLE DAY.

xanderbaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only wear suits to work anyway (senior project at a local TV station... I write stuff :)) and you are right, if you don't like wallets then get a money clip. I have an antique one featuring a silver dollar from 1923. It's beautiful and classy.