Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

For everyone who doing a journal

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont get disheartened if you click on the Forum and all the threads on the front page are ridiculous and have nothing to do with seducing chicks.

If you dont like the current state of SoSuave...thats even more reason to start an approach journal...lead by example for the rest of the masses. Show
people that with a little determination and commitment they can do it too.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I had to identify the single most common shortcoming among trading journals, it would be their absence of detail. Entries such as, “I lost my discipline; I have to be more patient,” might be nice as post-it reminders, but are inadequate as journal entries. Journals need to clearly state what happened, your assessment of why it happened, and the specific steps you intend to take to deal with the situation in the future. A good rule is that anyone reading your journal should be able to identify and follow the exact same steps that you intend to take in the future. Your journal should be a planning document, not a statement of intentions.
The post above is by Brett Steenbarger, an author who write about Trading Psychology, but his advice easily applies to journals in general. I am going to work on this in my journal entries and I posted it here so others can do the same.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see a lot of journals on the site that are either too braggadocios or just do not give enough details that allow the original poster information on how he can change for the better in the long run.

It is nice to relay the fact that you got laid or got some makeout action in the club but it is more important to relay what you learned and why you think you succeeded. This will not only help others who are struggling but also it can help you if you go through a rough patch or are backtesting a certain theory.

I have one more post to add on the subject shortly...

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The following article was written by the CEO of a company that helps discipline traders through many means, one of which is journaling. I have replaced the word 'trading' with 'approach' in the article to give it context for this site. Also I did a little editing because Hallett suggests becoming emotionally detached... Although this works great in the trading because emotions are negative in this setting, on the other hand for seduction, journaling without emotions is a quick path to boredom/burnout because emotions are such a positive driving force in social interactions.

Start tracing back to all your approaches…a pattern will emerge. You can then start to train yourself to detach your emotions with the help of your journal.

Analyzing and looking at your approaches to see what you could have done better is a good start, but you have to use your journal for more than that. Relive your approaches, in your mind go through those emotions again. This requires you to be quiet and focused. If you are serious about getting good at approaching these are essential steps you have to follow. Like Sherlock Holmes the crime is solved in your mind, with evidence supplied by your journal.

I will say that you use your journal for several things:
1) A guide
2) Checklist
3) Information Booklet
4) Reference
5) Emotional release

The most important in my opinion is the emotional release. Typing up the interaction allows you to look at problems objectively .

This is a huge benefit, but do realize that it will take some practice.
A guide helps you along the way…especially when you are in self doubt…it happens to us all. Look back in your journal and read and see just how far you have gone. You will be surprised at the results.

How do you go about keeping a journal?
Ok some quick tips …
1) Be quick but accurate
2) Be honest
3) Be regular

These are my 3 B’s of journaling next up or the 3 Ds’
1) Don’t get distracted
2) Don’t trust everyone's opinion on your entries
3) Don’t clean up your entries

Lastly I have the last cardinal rule
1) Write down everything and anything. All information is useful and helpful.

Let me explain my 3 Bs first
1) Be quick but accurate. Well this is really when you have a pile of approaches coming along. Don’t spend too much time thinking about what you want to write. You are not going to write a novel. The emotions are the important part you want to note down because we are using the journal as an emotional release to help us.
2) Be honest!!! You know I had this problem when I first started, I used to dress up my journal. I have no idea for what! Maybe I thought that my girlfriend would like to read it someday (my current wife). It turns out that she wasn’t really interested at all (quite the crushing blow to my ego I must admit…). You want to be totally honest because only then can you analyze yourself correctly. Your journal has become a tool for you to help you better understand yourself. This can only be accomplished if you are completely honest with your feelings.
3) Be regular. A lot of my own students have this problem, and they only write in the journal when they feel like it. or when they remember to write in it. You got to write in your journal EACH & EVERY approach. There are no excuses, because writing in your journal is an exercise in building your discipline.

Next, my 3 Ds:
1) Don’t get distracted. When you are writing in your journal, focus on it. Completely unload everything into it. Do not look at the TV screen or multi-task. You want to capture your emotional state and the interaction like a photograph.

2) Don’t trust everyone's opinions on your entries. I know that it is cool sometimes to talk about approaches. Normally a journal is quite private and on the internet you open yourself up a lot of comments and advice. You have to be focused on your own plan and realize that someone else might not have any idea what is happening in your approach life, and their remarks might adversely affect your approach confidence and judgment. There will be good advice too so evaluate the source before you take it to heart

3) Don’t clean up your entries!!! I can’t stress this enough! No editing at all. You want to relive your approaches, not publish your journal as a bestseller!

Lastly my cardinal rule:
“Everything and Anything” I really mean everything and anything. Just write what is on the top of your mind. Usually you will find that you can describe your state of mind in a single word. These, keywords are called “pattern language” and are used in many fields to help create easily recognized patters so that it shortens the time needed to describe and analyze things.

It is important to note everything down as you will never know what is the most important information you might need for your analysis later on. So if omit 1 or 2 things…you might have just thrown away the critical clue.

Well, I hope this helps in your journal writing. Remember to use what you have learned and follow the rules taught before branching out to evolve your own style.
Original source is here

tradingsignals

Reaction score
regards to www.sosuave.net team

Hey – nice weblog, just trying round some blogs, appears a reasonably good platform You Are using. I’m currently using Drupal for just a few of my sites however seeking to change certainly one of them over to a platform very much the identical to yours as a trial run. Something particularly you'd recommend about it?