Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

For dogs, China is hell on earth

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nocturnal said:
diplomatic, you are completely ignoring the fact that the dogs are private property.
But the issue was public health, which most people believe can take precedence over private property, I would think. Let the record show that I find what happened disgusting.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seanchai said:
But the issue was public health, which most people believe can take precedence over private property, I would think. Let the record show that I find what happened disgusting.
That is ridiculous. Three people die from rabies and you go on a rampage to exterminate them? Between 1979-1996, the average number of deaths from dog bites was 17 per year. Regardless of what "society" thinks, do you feel that that would justify exterminating every dog in America?

If something causing three deaths is enough to justify the government violating human rights to "protect" people, then we might as well lock everyone up in prisons to keep them from hurting themselves.

I also want to go back to my point from before that the article says that 3% of the dogs were vaccinated for rabies, but also says that EVERY civilian owned dog was targeted. That is completely unjustified.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nocturnal said:
That is ridiculous. Three people die from rabies and you go on a rampage to exterminate them?
How many people died from mad cow disease? Not a lot - yet it was justified cause to exterminate thousands of cows. And this was in one of the world's richest countries (Britain). While I disagree with the method, I can't say the result wasn't justified. In poorer countries, the spread of disease is very dangerous, and has resulted in millions of human deaths in the past.

Silverback - I have no idea what the hell you're on about. You're either a troll or 10 years old. Go to www.kidsplayground.com and play with kids your age

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For f*cks sake this is getting rediculous. At least 10,000 pets die a year on airplanes in the cargo hold, and many of their deaths are horrible to say the least (especially in the summer time when the temp in the hold is like 200+ degrees, the animals literally cook) yet no one says anything about that. Keep in mind this has been happeing for years so literally hundreds of thousands of pets die in what would be conciderd a cruel fashion by many. Where are the outcries for pet justice for this? There are none becasue the airline industry simply doesn't care. You get compensated slightly for the loss of your pet but the airline industry has a cap on how much they can get suied for for "miss placed or damaged luggage" which ultimately is how your pet is conciderd. I think we should all agree it's a cruel world and get on with our lives.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
diplomatic_lies said:
How many people died from mad cow disease? Not a lot - yet it was justified cause to exterminate thousands of cows. And this was in one of the world's richest countries (Britain).
Who exterminated them?

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nivek said:
i like how helter_skelter or whatever the f his name is.. totally ignores all the points that disprove his argument.. and only quotes things that support his point... btw your a fken retard
How old are you 12???

Points that disprove argument?

Why don't you list them for me? Because either myself or someone else has already addressed them.

Your post says nothing.:down:

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
diplomatic_lies said:
How many people died from mad cow disease? Not a lot - yet it was justified cause to exterminate thousands of cows. And this was in one of the world's richest countries (Britain). While I disagree with the method, I can't say the result wasn't justified. In poorer countries, the spread of disease is very dangerous, and has resulted in millions of human deaths in the past.
Agreed, and Hindu India doesn't kill ANY COWS AT ALL! So, I guess that makes them the most civilized, supreme country in the world?

Look, animals are animals. And valuing some more highly than others just because they're "cuter" is completely shallow bias. Why do we eat cows but not dogs? They both have similar mammalian feelings. And I'm sure Hindus look down on us for it, although we think they're nuts for not eating cows. Same with any other animal... One culture thinks the other is cruel for eating them, the other weird for NOT eating them. So, get off your hypocritical high horses and double-standards, morons.

Now, I'm primarily vegetarian myself and agree animals should be treated with as much respect as possible as fellow living inhabitants here. However, this thread is obviously more about irrational, wanton China-bashing than animal rights for some.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
No wonder you guys don't get any pu.............y

Silverback82

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
diplomatic_lies said:
Silverback - I have no idea what the hell you're on about. You're either a troll or 10 years old. Go to www.kidsplayground.com and play with kids your age
lmao the guy who campares dogs to bees and ants is saying i'm immature, that's like rosie o'donnel calling another woman a fat lesbian:whistle:

have you ever owned a dog?

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nocturnal said:
Purchased, as opposed to seized.
Well, purchased...using taxpayers' money...even those who didn't own cows.

But, I think cows have far more value than dogs, anyways. A rancher could go broke if he lost some prize stud bulls. So, they almost have to be compensated. Nobody's gonna go broke if they lose a few dogs, though.

Silverback82

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wayword said:
Look, animals are animals. And valuing some more highly than others just because they're "cuter" is completely shallow bias. Why do we eat cows but not dogs? They both have similar mammalian feelings.
yes cows make great pets and they absolutely love human affection:rolleyes:

idiot comments like this and i'm the troll:nono:

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Silverback82 said:
yes cows make great pets and they absolutely love human affection:rolleyes:
Actually, if you ever talk to kids in FFA or farmer's daughters - they will tell you that cows can be JUST LIKE PETS. Essentially, BIG DOGS. They can bond with humans and all that jazz just like a cat or dog.

What are you, some city slicker who's never even seen a farm animal up close? Who's the ignorant one here?

Silverback82

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wayword said:
Actually, if you ever talk to kids in FFA or farmer's daughters - they will tell you that cows can be JUST LIKE PETS. Essentially, BIG DOGS. They can bond with humans and all that jazz just like a cat or dog.

What are you, some city slicker who's never even seen a farm animal up close? Who's the ignorant one here?
actually my aunt has a farm, which i've been to many times and she says the complete opposite

i think your thinking of horses:crackup:

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
For f*cks sake this is getting rediculous. At least 10,000 pets die a year on airplanes in the cargo hold, and many of their deaths are horrible to say the least (especially in the summer time when the temp in the hold is like 200+ degrees, the animals literally cook) yet no one says anything about that. Keep in mind this has been happeing for years so literally hundreds of thousands of pets die in what would be conciderd a cruel fashion by many. Where are the outcries for pet justice for this? There are none becasue the airline industry simply doesn't care. You get compensated slightly for the loss of your pet but the airline industry has a cap on how much they can get suied for for "miss placed or damaged luggage" which ultimately is how your pet is conciderd.
Nothing is more annoying in a discussion when people post all kinds of bull$hit. This guy quoted above has no fuucking idea what the hell he's talking about.

In June 2005 the Safe Air for Animals Transport Act was put into effect which REQUIRES all domestic airlines to report ALL pet deaths on airlines. In the first 10 months, a total of 25 deaths for all pets have been reported.

The diickhead quoted above states "at least 10,000 die per year"

People should be banned for lying on message boards.

my source

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...eIndex=1&resultIndex=1&searchTerm=pets flying

25 deaths, 18 injuries, 6 loss (5 incidents by non-major airlines were also reported) total 54 incidents . You need a copy of the magazine to get the full breakdown

Last edited:

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Helter Skelter said:
Nothing is more annoying in a discussion when people post all kinds of bull$hit. This guy quoted above has no fuucking idea what the hell he's talking about.

In June 2005 the Safe Air for Animals Transport Act was put into effect which REQUIRES all domestic airlines to report ALL pet deaths on airlines. In the first 10 months, a total of 25 deaths for all pets have been reported.

The diickhead quoted above states "at least 10,000 die per year"

People should be banned for lying on message boards.

my source

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...eIndex=1&resultIndex=1&searchTerm=pets flying

25 deaths, 18 injuries, 6 loss (5 incidents by non-major airlines were also reported) total 54 incidents . You need a copy of the magazine to get the full breakdown
Blah blah blah

June 3, 2005

Airlines to Begin Tallying Pet Casualties

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 1:49 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Plenty of vacation guides list camps that allow dogs or rank pet-friendly hotels, but until now there's been no way to know which airlines are safest for four-legged travelers.

That's about to change. Starting June 15, airlines must report how many pets are killed, lost or injured on their flights.

The government estimates 2 million animals fly commercially every year. Many airlines allow small pets to travel in portable kennels under seats, where the owners are responsible for their safety. Larger pets travel in cargo holds, where they can be exposed to extreme heat or cold and loud noises from plane engines.

Nobody knows how many pets are killed or injured. Lisa Weisberg, spokeswoman for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, suggested 1 percent, which would mean 20,000 animals per year. The airlines say that's far too high.

But no one disputes that accidents do happen.

When Sarah Stano's husband was transferred from Portland, Ore., to Greensboro, N.C., she chose Delta Airlines to fly them there because it was the only carrier that would let her carry her three cats in the cabin.

But at the airport she discovered one of the containers was too big to fit under the seat. Hereford, a fluffy white cat with black spots, had to go in the cargo hold.

''I'll never forget the look he gave me when they took him away,'' Stano said.

When Stano and her two children arrived late at night in Greensboro, they found out Hereford had died from either cold or lack of cabin pressure. ''We were really kind of devastated about the whole thing,'' Stano said.

Stano sued Delta and reached an undisclosed settlement.

Delta spokeswoman Benet Wilson said the airline does its best to accommodate pets but doesn't comment on individual cases.

Weisberg's organization pushed Congress to pass the law requiring the airlines to report animal casualties. Supporters wanted it to cover animals shipped to zoos and those used for research and breeding, as well as household pets, and to require that cargo holds be temperature-controlled.

Airlines fought the effort, and lawmakers ended up approving a rule that requires tallying injuries and deaths of household pets.

Jack Evans, spokesman for the Air Transport Association, said the requirement could produce misleading information because the data will not include a casualty rate. An airline that carries many pets may appear to have a worse record than an airline that carries far fewer because it will have a higher number of injuries and deaths, said Evans, whose organization represents major airlines.

David Stempler, president of the Airline Travelers Association, said the new requirement may make some airlines reluctant to carry animals.

''Be careful what you wish for,'' Stempler said. ''Some carriers might do what Southwest does, which is not carry pets at all.''

Southwest spokeswoman Edna Ruano said the airline can't guarantee that animals would be comfortable and safe because it doesn't have extra staff to take care of them between flights. Like most airlines, Southwest does allow seeing-eye dogs and other service animals in the cabin.

United Air Lines transports all types of animals, from household pets to silverback gorillas and beluga whales. It even has awarded extra frequent flier miles to people who bring their pets with them.

''A lot of our customers enjoy traveling with their pets,'' said United spokeswoman Robin Urbanski. As more hotel chains offer perks like pet massages and dog walkers, more people are bringing their animal companions along on trips, she saids

So nobody really knows but even .5 percent is 10,000 and thats pets total.
I do apreciate your effort and your comments about my not knowing what I'm talking about. Research is my middle f*cking name.

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
Blah blah blah
I do apreciate your effort and your comments about my not knowing what I'm talking about. Research is my middle f*cking name.
Did you post this to prove you are wrong?

My information is the only OFFICIAL results to date.

Your article is nothing but speculation based on no data

Sorry...... you lose:kick:

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Helter Skelter said:
Did you post this to prove you are wrong?

My information is the only OFFICIAL results to date.

Your article is nothing but speculation based on no data

Sorry...... you lose:kick:
"That’s a fraction of the estimated 2 million pets flown each year, but it counts only reported incidents; many more may go unreported."

That's from your own source, and I highly doubt anyone knows the full number internationally as there are many modes of air transportation who don't report to anyone. I know that because of my former industry in the US alone (hint it's not exactly legal). Getting "sited" material doesn't make you anymore right about the subject in the least...Oh and I never lose, it's not in my nature.