"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

For all you guys who recently broke up/wants your GF back.

luber873

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 27, 2013
Messages
59
Reaction score
1
soulforge said:
this is the thing tho with my current ex... she was not that good... yes she was good looking.. yes the sex was amazing..

but seriously i never felt like she was a genuin loving person... something just didnt feel right

the majority of the time i never felt security... the relationship felt very fragile..

i never felt like i could depend or rely on her, if something serious was to happen in my life.. infact i did not even trust her that much either

as for her loyalty, i think her family, kids, and friends also came before me.

i was 3rd or fourth down the ladder
Felt the same thing here. There were structural issues from the beginning and I felt like she could walk at any second. She felt the same about me and normally it's good if a girl feels that, as she's more attached to you then. But when they're super insecure it backfires.

I definitely let insecurities get to me. I need time to reflect on me and how I can become a better, more secure, stronger man for the next one. But there were so many red flags and a lot of disrespect I put up with; it was only a matter of time before those insecurities surfaced.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

sozzz

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2007
Messages
189
Reaction score
2
Does getting caught cheating apply to this? I got caught. Now I'm with someone else and she's with some dude who was her tampon before we were together, now she's with him.

I have deleted number, Facebook and threw away clothes etc. Never been so happy. I don't plan on getting back PERIOD but in the back of my head keeps telling me she still thinks and possibly tries to get back even though she's with her tampon.

The reason I say this is because her close friend who hates the girl I'm with always see me out clubbing with friends and ask me about the girl I'm with. My guess is her friend is being as "homing pigeon".

Once in a while I get flashback but then I think about all the crap I went through, I say uh uh fk that. lol
 

countwoofoolah

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2013
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Location
Over the hills and Far away UK
sozzz said:
Does getting caught cheating apply to this? I got caught. Now I'm with someone else and she's with some dude who was her tampon before we were together, now she's with him.

I have deleted number, Facebook and threw away clothes etc. Never been so happy. I don't plan on getting back PERIOD but in the back of my head keeps telling me she still thinks and possibly tries to get back even though she's with her tampon.

The reason I say this is because her close friend who hates the girl I'm with always see me out clubbing with friends and ask me about the girl I'm with. My guess is her friend is being as "homing pigeon".

Once in a while I get flashback but then I think about all the crap I went through, I say uh uh fk that. lol
You need to come back down to reality a bit mate

Sounds like the most confusing backwards situation , sounds a bit like you are jealous ?
 

sozzz

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2007
Messages
189
Reaction score
2
If me deleting everything and going out clubbing with friends gives you that impression then more power to you :).

I can see why you think I'd be jealous. She called him a tampon because he'd always run back to his ex after she cheated on him. That is what she said about him while we were together, not my word lmao. I don't get jealous period. Maybe when we were little kids, but now as an adult uh uh, maybe jealous of Bill Gates but that's it.

To others, don't get back. There are plenty that are better, trust me.
 

Lotus Effect

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2013
Messages
829
Reaction score
327
Age
38
Location
Lisbon
Excellent reading Man!

Very well written, and straight forward with the truth. I guess what most guys are missing here is acceptence.

My ex dumped me, and I've been trying day after day to come up with a new plan to get her back, only to screw myself over.

Now it's been a long while since we've broken up, and I realise that there is no turning back. I've got to accept the fact that she is living her life to it's fullest thanks to me (our relationship and how I've acted post breakup).

What I have to do, and all of us here, is the same. Live our lifes to it's fullest, and be thankfull for the great relationship, and this priceless lesson that we are learning day after day.

I'd kill to be with her, but it's not happening. So I should stick to what's left. The Breakup/Heartbreak +1exp (A though exp to get, but really valuable)
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 13, 2010
Messages
704
Reaction score
165
Location
Europe
falecomnetto said:
Excellent reading Man!

Very well written, and straight forward with the truth. I guess what most guys are missing here is acceptence.

My ex dumped me, and I've been trying day after day to come up with a new plan to get her back, only to screw myself over.

Now it's been a long while since we've broken up, and I realise that there is no turning back. I've got to accept the fact that she is living her life to it's fullest thanks to me (our relationship and how I've acted post breakup).

What I have to do, and all of us here, is the same. Live our lifes to it's fullest, and be thankfull for the great relationship, and this priceless lesson that we are learning day after day.

I'd kill to be with her, but it's not happening. So I should stick to what's left. The Breakup/Heartbreak +1exp (A though exp to get, but really valuable)
First you learn to live with the pain/heart brake, and THEN you forget about them; time heals all wounds.
 

countwoofoolah

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2013
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Location
Over the hills and Far away UK
sozzz said:
If me deleting everything and going out clubbing with friends gives you that impression then more power to you :).

I can see why you think I'd be jealous. She called him a tampon because he'd always run back to his ex after she cheated on him. That is what she said about him while we were together, not my word lmao. I don't get jealous period. Maybe when we were little kids, but now as an adult uh uh, maybe jealous of Bill Gates but that's it.

To others, don't get back. There are plenty that are better, trust me.
Jealous may not be the right word

Everyone looks back at the girls they were with and say one of two things - either OMG I lost a great girl , or Thank you so much for doing what you did because im better off for it

Moral of the story - can either gain or loose from this
 

Turuwal

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 17, 2012
Messages
240
Reaction score
18
My confession. I was in a five year relationship that I ended to pursue my own life goals.

4 months into the breakup and exhausted from days without sleep I cried while she told me she had no feelings for me.

8 months in I made a complete idiot of myself at a party by getting totally and irrationally p*ssed off at some manipulative crap she was pulling.

10 months in I hit rock bottom and started to crawl my way out.

11 months in I hooked up with an adorable girl who is 10 years younger than my ex and would be suitable for a relationship if I wanted.

15 months in my ex sent me a long rambling text full of hamsterisations and ending with "I'm glad you're happy with that girl".

18 months in and I'm having quite a bit of fun on holidays in a country with some of the world's most beautiful women, my favorite girl back home is begging me to come home for sex, and my ex has realised that despite a year and a half of manipulation she will never have me back.
 

ludis

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
85
Reaction score
11
Location
Greece
Turuwal said:
My confession. I was in a five year relationship that I ended to pursue my own life goals.

4 months into the breakup and exhausted from days without sleep I cried while she told me she had no feelings for me.

8 months in I made a complete idiot of myself at a party by getting totally and irrationally p*ssed off at some manipulative crap she was pulling.

10 months in I hit rock bottom and started to crawl my way out.

11 months in I hooked up with an adorable girl who is 10 years younger than my ex and would be suitable for a relationship if I wanted.

15 months in my ex sent me a long rambling text full of hamsterisations and ending with "I'm glad you're happy with that girl".

18 months in and I'm having quite a bit of fun on holidays in a country with some of the world's most beautiful women, my favorite girl back home is begging me to come home for sex, and my ex has realised that despite a year and a half of manipulation she will never have me back.
Bravo.:woo:

As a necessary addition, i'd like to refer you guys to one of the most important articles of the manosphere: There is no One
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 13, 2010
Messages
704
Reaction score
165
Location
Europe
Lotus Effect said:
I'm bumping this sh*t because this is great.

AND IT MAKES MUCH MORE SENSE NOW IN FEBRUARY, THAN IT MADE IN OCTOBER!

Time does take care of sh*t!

I just re-read the post, and you are right, makes even more sense now than back then!
 
Top