Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Food dehydration (jerky/fruits/veggies)

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I just picked up a neat Nesco food dehydrator and made some awesome beef jerky from top on sale top loin from Acme (grocery). I made about a pound and a half for less than 10 bucks. Amazing. I was thinking of picking up some fruits at Costco and making some fruit leathers (fruit roll-ups) for my fiber and such. I can even test with some veggies and some honey or apple or something. It's not exactly keto, but I thought it would be a cool treat to eat with no added BS, just pure fruit and veggies blended so I get the fiber as well.

What do you dudes think?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
@RickTheToad Sounds good how did the jerky turn out?
Jerky was amazing.

I marinated for 24 hours with a 2 tablespoons of raw honey, a teaspoon of Himalayan salt,
a teaspoon ground coriander, a teaspoon coarse ground pepper, teaspoon of pepper and a half cup of Worcestershire sauce. Very tasty if anyone else wants to try out the recipe.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
@RickTheToad did you cut thin slices or semi thick? The flavor in itself sounds like a orgasm! How many pieces did you get out of it? I like eating Apple banana and mango.crisps boy are they good lol
Sliced on the side, about 1/4 inch thick. It was amazing. I do not like the pre-made ones as some taste chemically and are so expensive. I was shocked I was able to use a decent cut of beef, with spices for under 10 bucks. After marinade, 5 hours in the dehydrator and they're amazing.

I'm making banana crisps now. 1/4 inch and let them soak in water and a tablespoon of citric acid for about 10 mins. Should be ready in the morning. Going to look into kiwi, apple and berries next. I was thinking of making some berry fruit leather as well since it's low in sugar. However, an apple / pear fruit leather sounds delicious to me.

niceguytoalphamale

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sliced on the side, about 1/4 inch thick. It was amazing. I do not like the pre-made ones as some taste chemically and are so expensive. I was shocked I was able to use a decent cut of beef, with spices for under 10 bucks. After marinade, 5 hours in the dehydrator and they're amazing.

I'm making banana crisps now. 1/4 inch and let them soak in water and a tablespoon of citric acid for about 10 mins. Should be ready in the morning. Going to look into kiwi, apple and berries next. I was thinking of making some berry fruit leather as well since it's low in sugar. However, an apple / pear fruit leather sounds delicious to me.
@RickTheToad how do you store the jerky? Let me know how the banana crisps turn out.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

What's the dehydrator do other than dry it up? Is most of the sugar in the juice?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
@RickTheToad how do you store the jerky? Let me know how the banana crisps turn out.
I store them in the refrigerator. I'll take some to work as well as snacks. I'll prob. just store them in the refrigerator at work too. Bananas should be ready in a few hours. Those I'll just store in mason jars or plastic bags when I take them to work to snack on.

What's the dehydrator do other than dry it up? Is most of the sugar in the juice?
Basically dehydrates and removes the moisture from the meats and fruits/veggies. Similar to the slim jims you find in the store; just better quality ingredients. As for the fruits and veggies, it will be similar to the chips you find at the store, just not fried and no additives aside from acetic acid.

The fruit leathers are similar to fruit roll-ups, but do not have the added sugar and chemicals. The bonus would be the additional fiber kept in the fruit leather as I'm blending them into a smoothie consistency and then dehydrating them for 10 - 12 hours in the dehydrator. I figure buying fruit and veggies like I do at Costco none would spoil if I make them into leathers and chips. Not a big deal in the Fall, Winter and early Spring, but mid-end of Spring and Summer fruits and veggies go rotten fast.

Plus, it's much healthier to eat your own foods instead of the crap at the market.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people like to make seasoned Kale chips, to snack on. There are all kinds of different recipes. They offer a bit of crunch. They are high in nutrition. They do not fall into the same high calorie and/or high sugar concerns as dehydrated fruit. If you like them, they are a nutritional win.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Some people like to make seasoned Kale chips, to snack on. There are all kinds of different recipes. They offer a bit of crunch. They are high in nutrition. They do not fall into the same high calorie and/or high sugar concerns as dehydrated fruit. If you like them, they are a nutritional win.
Yes. i will be making kale and spinach chips with some salt and pepper this week. :)

Dude, I want to get to your refrigerator lol
Easy to make. Any dude can do it. :)

@RickTheToad what's your diet like? What foods do you normally consume? Do you drink coffee?
Keto hybrid. I cannot go full keto, as it fvcks up my stomach, but every morning, I make bulletproof coffee (MCT oil/Irish butter/freshly ground coffee at home) in a french press. For breakfast, it's usually eggs, eggs and bacon (uncured), fresh organic avocado and whole wheat fresh bakery bread (not that commercial sh!t), yogurt, or my new favorite a friend of mine taught me, banana eggy bread (literally to die for - image attached).

Lunch spinach salad with pear or apple, avocado, feta cheese, celery, tomato, almonds and a home vinaigrette (raw honey/avocado oil/balsamic vinegar, pinch of salt), a fruit salad or plain whole milk yogurt and raw honey.

Dinner is a protein meal which is usually chicken or steak.

All food cooked by me. Delicious.

alpha males eat raw meat
You're nuts. Enjoy the e.coli.

Attachments