"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Follow up to initial dating site feedback?

louis

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Age
68
Location
London, UK
Hello all,

I've had some success with contacting women through online dating sites. I've sent out some short, fun messages, and got quite a good response back.

I reckon I've had between 20 to 30 replies. Most of these were now around 2-3 weeks ago (before Christmas). I have got one date so far. In nearly every other case, I replied back, but haven't heard from these women again. The general tone of the replies was that it had been fun reading my message and I had made them laugh. About one in three said they didn't think we were suited, and the other two-thirds were interested in finding out more about me (I've put my photo online, so my looks were obviously acceptable).

The question is, how should I maximise the chances of getting a date (say a 'coffee date') with these other women, before they forget me.

I thought of sending a short message ending with an invitation to coffee.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Walden

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2003
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
5
Location
New Zealand
Originally posted by louis
I thought of sending a short message ending with an invitation to coffee.
Of course , what else would you do?
 

mateo_g

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 12, 2003
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Age
50
Location
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Some of the same rules apply I'd venture, for online dating. Many don't like it, but in your case and in the case of many older gents, its a great way to meet people.

You've done well by being witty and not over doing it. Short and to the point, just like a phone call, for the reply. In fact try to get her # and do the setup on the phone.

Set up a time, date, and location for a meeting somewhere inbetween your respective locals of your own accord - she'll let you know if the time isn't good, by making a counter offer. Don't go into any other details really, save the charm for in person. Women like to peel the layers off of you slowly to know you - so don't peel any for her in your greeting letters.

Then again these rules are well known and useful for phone calls (time, date, place, get off asap).
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
It sounds as if they were just letting you know that your profile amused them and not much more. Not knowing what it says I can only speculate that it was very funny but did not make them feel comfortable for anything serious. I suggest keeping the overall tone since it attracts them but tone back and show a little more mystery so that they will want to find out more about you, perhaps over coffee.
 

louis

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Age
68
Location
London, UK
Hello again,

Thanks for those suggestions.

I've emailed a shortlist of 7 of those who replied earlier, inviting them to coffeee, and one has already replied saying yes. I'll ask for their phone numbers so that we can arrange coffee.

At the same time, I've had 2 new approaches from women responding to my ad.

:)
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

The Dominated1

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
169
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Those ones that said we may not suit each other.

This is a "test"

I mean why would they reply at all?

Go to work DJ
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by louis
Hello again,

Thanks for those suggestions.

I've emailed a shortlist of 7 of those who replied earlier, inviting them to coffeee, and one has already replied saying yes. I'll ask for their phone numbers so that we can arrange coffee.

At the same time, I've had 2 new approaches from women responding to my ad.

:)
Suggestion: Consider NOT getting the phone number until AFTER you meet them for coffee. A lot of people profess that getting a telephone number is a method of checking a woman's IL. This is true but I have found that a more sure fire way to tell is whether or not she agrees to meet for something as simple as coffee.

During the meeting you can easily tell whether there is mutual chemistry, getting the phone number then is a certain sign of a high IL. Also, some guys have a problem with telephone calls even if they should only be used to set up meetings.

In a nutshell, if there is sign of interest through an online chat or email, just go 'balls to the wall' and set up a meeting and fore go the extra step of getting her phone number.
 

louis

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2003
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Age
68
Location
London, UK
Originally posted by The Dominated1
Those ones that said we may not suit each other.

This is a "test"

I mean why would they reply at all?

Go to work DJ
Hi TD,

Good point, perhaps I'll invite them for a coffee anyway!
 
Top