"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Flush it out

iMat

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Ok.

This is more of a self-help question, but I want to know:

How do you cope with rejections?

Before you go all out and say dismiss it, let me give you an example situation.

Since I was starting out on my junior DJ scout, I decided what better way to experience and practise than an online community?

Loads of women, ready for you to experiment till you drop. Now, I decided to post a ****y comment on someone's profile, that pretty much challenged them in so many ways.

She herself is not that hot to me (I don't find her interesting, but for the sake of trying things out, she was ok). But she definetly thought she was HB10+ level with the stuff she wrote about shallow guys etc.

So I decided to totally talk about her overconfidence etc.

Well, I got a message back, that was a total insult. It said how I was shallow for judging her etc. and feeling bad for guys like me.

Well, fortunately, I didn't let it pop my confidence, and I can gladly say, I can still shamelessly comment and approach various people, but the thing is, what she said is stuck in my head.

I don't want it there. It makes me feel bad the fact she's manage to keep it in there, and she's won. And I hate it when I don't win, especially against egotistical people.

So.... how do you cope with stuff like this?

--iMat
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by iMat
Since I was starting out on my junior DJ scout, I decided what better way to experience and practise than an online community?
In reality, what WORSE way? ;)

I understand you, though. Internet nerds tend to leg-hump everyone, so when I'm on forums it's disgusting to see ugly fat tubs of lard being worshipped by guys who either can't get any or don't have the balls to tell them how struggling they are.

I just keep my mouth shut. Honestly, sometimes it's better not to say anything if you don't have something nice to say. The only time you should get in their face is if they insulted YOU somehow. An example of this case: http://www.ubersite.com/m/41248
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Then, as I stared at the monstrosity before me in absolute shock, I heard the grease laden voice of the creature in front of me say "Hey baby, if I can make you jump like with my hand, imagine what I can do with the rest of my body."

For once in my life, I was actually speechless. I had no idea what to say to the beast in front of me that had just violated one of my special places, and was now trying to make me imagine the lascivious acts she would perform on me should she have the chance. So, in quite the lame voice, I responded with a weak "No thanks, I have a girlfriend."

Go ****ing me. Man, was that ever clever!

Seeing the weakness in my response, Butter Thighs came at me again in an attempt to have a slice of Sean (that's me) for dinner. "Listen up, Romeo, I can do things that ***** and never even heard of!"
I've just taken this from the link Squirrels posted.

This woman is demonstrating confidence, a sexual state, kino, a chat up line and total persistence. She is using the Gunwitch method!!
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
But in answer to the original poster. I still have trouble with rejection and I disagree with the idea of just dismissing it, because if you accept rejection, you are basically accepting yourself as a failure.

Personally, whenever I'm rejected I use it as a way of motivating myself to improve in some way. It was a rejection that brought me to this board, and since then I've gained confidence. I was rejected again not so long ago, and I've started working out.

Hopefully I'll be a perfect 10 one day and will never experience a rejection ever again. :D
 

iMat

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Well, since I have absolutely NO interest in meeting her, I decided to insult her intelligence further.

I'm actually ANTICIPATING the next reject.

--iMat
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top