Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Flipping houses for anyone who cares

Reaction score
Before...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvzrztqevsgno4x/0901171149b.jpg?dl=0

During...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3r7s0fv1d1k6da/1122171105a.jpg?dl=0

After...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltgh2ok7rnlnkna/0221181839.jpg?dl=0

And some miscellaneous sh1t that I did all myself... And over the course of these 6 months, I've turned myself into a more than competent electrician, plumber, a/c mechanic, tile installer, drywall installer, and many more...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dn5svl5ihfyj8yx/0205181657.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mg4tcrvs7qmjrr3/0308181657.jpg?dl=0

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Looks good.

The kitchen floor I noticed some places were only about 4"-6" thick, is that normal?

Reaction score
Looks good.

The kitchen floor I noticed some places were only about 4"-6" thick, is that normal?
You mean the slab when it was cut up?

Btw, I did half the tile job in the kitchen before I decided to hire the rest of the house out. I am NOT going to spend my life laying tile. Can you tell which half? I can't. Not bad for a first time.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks good. I also flip houses but it doesn't really get the ladies "wet" when I mention it.. Some women tell me that I have their dream job. Thats it. Work on your game my friend. bishes dont care if you flip ****.

Reaction score
Looks good. I also flip houses but it doesn't really get the ladies "wet" when I mention it.. Some women tell me that I have their dream job. Thats it. Work on your game my friend. bishes dont care if you flip ****.
But they would care if I'm rich.

It is a dream job. Seems like everyone I talk to about it says they have an interest in it.

Reaction score
It just occurred to me that Be Excellent tried to predict my failure as a real estate investor when she is not a successful investor herself. She only THINKS that she is.

I guarantee she has put more cash in as down payments than she has made in rental profits, after all expenses.

And don't tell me sh1t about rise in property values because that's historically lower than the stock market, and you don't see any of it until it sells.

Sounds like she has a good income from her regular job, then doesn't really know how to invest it.

In other words, she has not even BROKE EVEN on all the money she has put in as down payments.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@RichardTheFrog you should tag @BeExcellent in your post and talk to her about it.

I know first hand there are other/more benefits/financial benefits to renting than just hoping to build equityequi a later date when you sell.

Don't forget, you can use that equity to pukl cash out and purchase more property.

I'mm sure she will be happy to discuss the benefits with you.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
You mean the slab when it was cut up?

Btw, I did half the tile job in the kitchen before I decided to hire the rest of the house out. I am NOT going to spend my life laying tile. Can you tell which half? I can't. Not bad for a first time.
Yes the slab which was cut opened.

Is that cement ? The extreme right side on the slab looks about 4".

Flooring should be a minimum 6"- 8" thick and reinforced with an iron mesh of say thickness 1.5-2/inch, that's how'd I'd do it.

Reaction score
Yes the slab which was cut opened.

Is that cement ? The extreme right side on the slab looks about 4".

Flooring should be a minimum 6"- 8" thick and reinforced with an iron mesh of say thickness 1.5-2/inch, that's how'd I'd do it.
According to the Florida Building Code, minimum thickness is 3.5". This house was built in the 50's. The vinyl that was down had asbestos under it, which was my first major surprise.

Foundation was 8" by the wall where the pipes are. We had to hook up the drain pipe to the vent stack under all that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrvveinwhurtdqu/1031171620.jpg?dl=0

You like the Studor vent under the center island? Had to do it that way because I didn't want to have a separate drain pipe to connect to the vent stack.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvwbuyod8oatc39/0305181345.jpg?dl=0

That brass valve has been replaced by a Sharkbite. I have no idea why I thought that would work.

The Diver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job man.
I'm not flipping houses but did few projects myself,(Fuc*king hard work) , and although I did/do many things myself (kitchen, tiling , drywall, electrical , plumbing,painting , bathroom and so on), In my country you have to show certificate from various licence triadis in order to receive "occupancy permit",(It's hard to sell the renovated house without it, especially if you changed the layout, like removing walls and rearranging bathroom and kitchen plumbing, and relocate electrical and gas connections).

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
According to the Florida Building Code, minimum thickness is 3.5". This house was built in the 50's. The vinyl that was down had asbestos under it, which was my first major surprise.

Foundation was 8" by the wall where the pipes are. We had to hook up the drain pipe to the vent stack under all that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrvveinwhurtdqu/1031171620.jpg?dl=0

You like the Studor vent under the center island? Had to do it that way because I didn't want to have a separate drain pipe to connect to the vent stack.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvwbuyod8oatc39/0305181345.jpg?dl=0

That brass valve has been replaced by a Sharkbite. I have no idea why I thought that would work.
Okay, so it was built in the 50's that explains a lot. Foundation at 8" is really good, saw that in your 2nd pictures. Solid. The soil is naturally dark ? Or was water recently added ?

Just exchanging ideas here, when doing floorings, my cement mix is 1:2:3 (1 cement: 2 granite stones : 3 river sand), what's yours?

Reaction score
Okay, so it was built in the 50's that explains a lot. Foundation at 8" is really good, saw that in your 2nd pictures. Solid. The soil is naturally dark ? Or was water recently added ?

Just exchanging ideas here, when doing floorings, my cement mix is 1:2:3 (1 cement: 2 granite stones : 3 river sand), what's yours?
That's the natural soil.

I just buy premixed bags and add water until it's the right consistency. I have found that following the proportions listed on the bag usually doesn't come out well, which makes little sense to me since they manufacture millions of bags per year. Maybe it's because I'm mixing it with a hoe and wheelbarrow rather than a mixer.

Reaction score
Good job man.
I'm not flipping houses but did few projects myself,(Fuc*king hard work) , and although I did/do many things myself (kitchen, tiling , drywall, electrical , plumbing,painting , bathroom and so on), In my country you have to show certificate from various licence triadis in order to receive "occupancy permit",(It's hard to sell the renovated house without it, especially if you changed the layout, like removing walls and rearranging bathroom and kitchen plumbing, and relocate electrical and gas connections).
What country is that?

Here you need permits for a lot also.

Reaction score
Australia, millions of red tapes. You need a fu*cking licence to lace up your shoes haha,
Here, it's worse the closer you are to a major city.

I've gotten away with quite a bit at the trailer park I manage, which is pretty rural.

There's no way in hell I'm paying an electrician $100/hour to do something I could do with my eyes closed.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have considered doing it here in the bay area, but it is incredibly hard to come up with cash offers. For example, there is one for 500k right now that is only accepting cash offers. It will likely sell between 550-600k. The flipper will likely coming in, spend 40k, and sell for comps prices at 770k.

This would be a net of at least 120 in about 3 months. Who cares about paying income tax when you can make 120k in 3 months. I am willing to bet that is more than most annual salaries in here.

Power to ya, wish I had a bit more liquid cash flow to make it happen. If I had put my funds in the stock market over the last two years, I would easily have it...

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It just occurred to me that Be Excellent tried to predict my failure as a real estate investor when she is not a successful investor herself. She only THINKS that she is.

I guarantee she has put more cash in as down payments than she has made in rental profits, after all expenses.

And don't tell me sh1t about rise in property values because that's historically lower than the stock market, and you don't see any of it until it sells.

Sounds like she has a good income from her regular job, then doesn't really know how to invest it.

In other words, she has not even BROKE EVEN on all the money she has put in as down payments.
Firstly, should this thread not be in Wealth and Success or Anything Else? Just sayin.

Nobody has tried to predict your failure Richard. You need to develop a thicker skin. You spout off a lot of stuff for someone who has yet to complete your first deal. In Texas we have a saying:

Big Hat.....No Cattle.

Now. As to your statements about my affairs, please allow me to correct your inaccuracies:

1. My strategy as a real estate investor is entirely different than yours. I am a buy and hold investor with many units, some of which are owned free & clear. I buy for cash flow and don't count at all on appreciation. Any appreciation I happen to get is extra. My strategy is long term. House flipping is short term, but a perfectly legitimate strategy. Running down my strategy is silly. An investor picks a strategy based upon the individual needs/concerns of that individual. As a middle age woman with children approaching college age I have different priorities than a single young man with no dependents. I am looking to exit the rat race while maintaining my current lifestyle and affording higher education for 3 children. That's very different than someone getting started on a career path. My strategy is well suited to my needs and goals. I am on track and executing my plan as conceived years ago.

2. I earn a solid 6 figure income as a consultant outside what I earn as a real estate investor. I continue to work as a consultant to accelerate debt service and set aside funds for the higher education of my children. This in turn accelerates my ability to scale back working as a consultant on a regular basis, and that will allow me to pursue some other things I've wanted to do, but lacked the time, and it will also afford me the ability to enjoy more time with my children, my friends, entertaining, the boyfriend, etc.

3. I have properties that I have paid cash for that have paid back to me in rental income the purchase price in less than 2 years. I have properties with massive cash flows that required nothing down at all. Those sorts of terms create much higher ROI than the stock market but in order to get those kinds of returns you have to know what to buy, where to buy, and how to buy. You cannot accomplish that except in markets that meet very tight criteria. So I research my markets thoroughly and know what I aim to accomplish before I invest. I have private investors whose money I put to work earning a steady return with terms that are favorable to me and my goals and an income stream that provides them a nice return on investment, backed by a real asset.

So that in a nutshell is what I do. If all my clients were to let me go tomorrow my lifestyle would scale back a little while I adjust the portfolio, but I could already support my family on just the real estate if I had to. The only thing that would really change is my timeline to 100% equity. I'm in a good place honestly.

I might actually do a pure flip or two this year in fact. I know so many trades people from the rehabs I do in getting ready to rent and in routine maintenance of income property that I am considering it seriously. The thing about flipping is you have to pay closer attention to market movement and appreciation and find property where you can buy cheap and add value. I have my own funds as well as an investor on board should I decide to go that route. We shall see.

As always I wish Richard every success and I think his house is coming along nicely.

Reaction score
Firstly, should this thread not be in Wealth and Success or Anything Else? Just sayin.

Nobody has tried to predict your failure Richard. You need to develop a thicker skin. You spout off a lot of stuff for someone who has yet to complete your first deal. In Texas we have a saying:

Big Hat.....No Cattle.

Now. As to your statements about my affairs, please allow me to correct your inaccuracies:

1. My strategy as a real estate investor is entirely different than yours. I am a buy and hold investor with many units, some of which are owned free & clear. I buy for cash flow and don't count at all on appreciation. Any appreciation I happen to get is extra. My strategy is long term. House flipping is short term, but a perfectly legitimate strategy. Running down my strategy is silly. An investor picks a strategy based upon the individual needs/concerns of that individual. As a middle age woman with children approaching college age I have different priorities than a single young man with no dependents. I am looking to exit the rat race while maintaining my current lifestyle and affording higher education for 3 children. That's very different than someone getting started on a career path. My strategy is well suited to my needs and goals. I am on track and executing my plan as conceived years ago.

2. I earn a solid 6 figure income as a consultant outside what I earn as a real estate investor. I continue to work as a consultant to accelerate debt service and set aside funds for the higher education of my children. This in turn accelerates my ability to scale back working as a consultant on a regular basis, and that will allow me to pursue some other things I've wanted to do, but lacked the time, and it will also afford me the ability to enjoy more time with my children, my friends, entertaining, the boyfriend, etc.

3. I have properties that I have paid cash for that have paid back to me in rental income the purchase price in less than 2 years. I have properties with massive cash flows that required nothing down at all. Those sorts of terms create much higher ROI than the stock market but in order to get those kinds of returns you have to know what to buy, where to buy, and how to buy. You cannot accomplish that except in markets that meet very tight criteria. So I research my markets thoroughly and know what I aim to accomplish before I invest. I have private investors whose money I put to work earning a steady return with terms that are favorable to me and my goals and an income stream that provides them a nice return on investment, backed by a real asset.

So that in a nutshell is what I do. If all my clients were to let me go tomorrow my lifestyle would scale back a little while I adjust the portfolio, but I could already support my family on just the real estate if I had to. The only thing that would really change is my timeline to 100% equity. I'm in a good place honestly.

I might actually do a pure flip or two this year in fact. I know so many trades people from the rehabs I do in getting ready to rent and in routine maintenance of income property that I am considering it seriously. The thing about flipping is you have to pay closer attention to market movement and appreciation and find property where you can buy cheap and add value. I have my own funds as well as an investor on board should I decide to go that route. We shall see.

As always I wish Richard every success and I think his house is coming along nicely.
Well I am very sure it will work for me. I spent about 3 years researching this before I even got the first one.

Especially with everything I learned on the first one. For example, I just replaced an a/c motor for $90. That's the cost of the motor. I installed it myself. When someone quotes me $25k in repairs, it might mean $18k to me.

The only thing that could take me down is if the economy crashes mid-flip. And that's something nobody can predict.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I spent about 3 years researching this before I even got the first one.
That is time well spent. I researched for about 4 years prior to starting my investment into income properties. And lots of people laughed at me and made fun of me in those days. Nobody is laughing now.

Reaction score
That is time well spent. I researched for about 4 years prior to starting my investment into income properties. And lots of people laughed at me and made fun of me in those days. Nobody is laughing now.
My face is recognized by the employees of every Home Depot and Lowe's within a 50 mile radius.